Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#751 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

I need help with a riddle guys. Anyone know of a good site that shows all solutions? I'm stuck on a few.

The one I need help with is in the Industrial District near the steel mill. There's three towers, two are the highest points on that side of the map. All of them have question marks on the side level and facing one another. I've tried gliding onto on, pushing off and start gliding again but am unable to regain enough altitude to hit the others (I've tried dive bombing but there's just not enough room). I've tried the line launcher, and I'm now out of ideas. I don't see how this is do-able.

What do I have to do? Thanks.

Metamania

Try this link Mirko!

It shows a list of all the challenges, including any of the areas that you are missing out on. This is the best Batman player that I've seen and his guides cover everything about the game thus far and he's working on challenges for the other characters. The link above is a playlist, so just find the one you want and click on it. He'll show you where they are and how to complete them. Hope it helps!

Awesome, thanks! :) I'm finally trying to 100% this and some parts are damn tough.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#752 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="Metamania"]This is the best Batman player that I've seen...El_Zo1212o
Wait a minute... I don't have a youtube channel... ;)

Okay, I broke down and looked up this guy's Iceberg Lounge video. He MIGHT be considered "better" than me... if you go by nonsense like score, or combo count, or leaderboard standing... but I've got way more style...
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#753 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Metamania"]This is the best Batman player that I've seen...El_Zo1212o
Wait a minute... I don't have a youtube channel... ;)

Okay, I broke down and looked up this guy's Iceberg Lounge video. He MIGHT be considered "better" than me... if you go by nonsense like score, or combo count, or leaderboard standing... but I've got way more style...

He wasn't doing it for the score. He was doing it to show you how to get all the medals.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 El_Zo1212o
... Score ishow you get medals in combat challenges. And if he were just going for the medals,he would have stopped before crushing my highest score by a factor of ten.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 Metamania

... Score ishow you get medals in combat challenges. And if he were just going for the medals,he would have stopped before crushing my highest score by a factor of ten.El_Zo1212o

He did stop, because the Iceberg Lounge is a non-stop fight that tests your endurance. He only wanted to show to get the medals. He could have kept on going, but he didn't. :)

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]... Score ishow you get medals in combat challenges. And if he were just going for the medals,he would have stopped before crushing my highest score by a factor of ten.Metamania

He did stop, because the Iceberg Lounge is a non-stop fight that tests your endurance. He only wanted to show to get the medals. He could have kept on going, but he didn't. :)

Looked to me like he stopped when he took the first hit. Which was silly, considering he had topped his highscore. But he finished up at 1.2M when the 3rd medal was 100k. Also, I was mistaken- he only shattered my high score by approximately 2.5x.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]... Score ishow you get medals in combat challenges. And if he were just going for the medals,he would have stopped before crushing my highest score by a factor of ten.El_Zo1212o

Looked to me like he stopped when he took the first hit. Which was silly, considering he had topped his highscore. But he finished up at 1.2M when the 3rd medal was 100k. Also, I was mistaken- he only shattered my high score by approximately 2.5x.

More or less thought to stop once he took the first hit...

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
Just finished the harley quinn dlc. Solid, not great, pretty short, but it wasn't bad either
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 MirkoS77

Mwuuhahahaha! :twisted:

Better watch it ElZo and MM, I've been getting pretty good at the combat challenge maps. Z, just got my personal best so far on Iceberg Lounge (not custom either, so no regen-health), 356180, #1807 ranking. Not too shabby. You still got me beat @ 494885, but considering a bit ago I struggled to even get to 100k I'm getting much better. I got cha two beat on many maps, so bring it on because I need some competition. :D I'm sure I'd be easily beaten, as I doubt you guys are trying. I'm barely sqeaking by 3 medals for most as it is.

Strange thing though....the scores it shows on the challenge map selection screen does not correspond when shown on the leaderboards. My best score with Batman on Survival of the Fittest shows 62,125, yet on the leaderboards it's 39,145. Does this happen to you guys also? Its putting me above others even though I should be below, and vice versa. Looks like a bug, but makes me very skeptical about the validity of the leaderboards.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#760 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
One of my favourite games of all time. :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 Metamania

Mwuuhahahaha! :twisted:

Better watch it ElZo and MM, I've been getting pretty good at the combat challenge maps. Z, just got my personal best so far on Iceberg Lounge (not custom either, so no regen-health), 356180, #1807 ranking. Not too shabby. You still got me beat @ 494885, but considering a bit ago I struggled to even get to 100k I'm getting much better. I got cha two beat on many maps, so bring it on because I need some competition. :D I'm sure I'd be easily beaten, as I doubt you guys are trying. I'm barely sqeaking by 3 medals for most as it is.

Strange thing though....the scores it shows on the challenge map selection screen does not correspond when shown on the leaderboards. My best score with Batman on Survival of the Fittest shows 62,125, yet on the leaderboards it's 39,145. Does this happen to you guys also? Its putting me above others even though I should be below, and vice versa. Looks like a bug, but makes me very skeptical about the validity of the leaderboards.

MirkoS77

Oh really? You haven't beaten one of my scores, have you? :P

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 El_Zo1212o

... My best score with Batman on Survival of the Fittest shows 62,125, yet on the leaderboards it's 39,145. Does this happen to you guys also? Its putting me above others even though I should be below, and vice versa. Looks like a bug, but makes me very skeptical about the validity of the leaderboards.

MirkoS77
Do you keep multiple saves? When you view the leaderboards, it gives you a position based on your highest score on the save you're playing on, but the score on the challenge panel is your all time best score. It was confusing for me at first, but switch through your different save files until you find the one with your highest scores.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

... My best score with Batman on Survival of the Fittest shows 62,125, yet on the leaderboards it's 39,145. Does this happen to you guys also? Its putting me above others even though I should be below, and vice versa. Looks like a bug, but makes me very skeptical about the validity of the leaderboards.

El_Zo1212o

Do you keep multiple saves? When you view the leaderboards, it gives you a position based on your highest score on the save you're playing on, but the score on the challenge panel is your all time best score. It was confusing for me at first, but switch through your different save files until you find the one with your highest scores.

I have multiple saves, but even so if I scored 62,125 and the leaderboards show 39,145, shouldn't it be showing 62k on there? In all my save files, that's my highest score.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 El_Zo1212o
I might have it backwards- my xbox has been disconnected for weeks due to my impending move, so I'm working from memory here. Go into Riddler's Revenge on each of your save files and check your leaderboard standings. You ought to find the right save file that way.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#765 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Going to get the GOTY edition once the price drops a bit
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 MirkoS77

Is anybody having trouble booting up the GotY edition? The 360 logo will show, then fade to black and it'll remain like this (frozen, can't even get to the dash) until I reboot. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hard restarts before it works. At first I though my disc-drive was on the way out, but this isn't a problem with any other game.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#767 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Is anybody having trouble booting up the GotY edition? The 360 logo will show, then fade to black and it'll remain like this (frozen, can't even get to the dash) until I reboot. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hard restarts before it works. At first I though my disc-drive was on the way out, but this isn't a problem with any other game.

MirkoS77

That's been happening with my Oct. '11 copy of the game. I thought it was because my disc may be damaged, but you're having this problem too for the GotY edition? WTF?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 Metamania

MirkoS77

Hey, as of this writing, I loaded up my copy of the GOTY edition and I didn't have a problem with it. I was thinking I would have gotten the same problem if it was from two things.

-The XBox Live System update I received today
-Or my 360 itself would be having problems

And yet, my game loaded up fine. I think it could be your 360 that's having problems and not the disc, especially if the disc is brand-new.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 MirkoS77

That's been happening with my Oct. '11 copy of the game. I thought it was because my disc may be damaged, but you're having this problem too for the GotY edition? WTF?Avian005
That's strange. I'm having no problem with my older copy, but for some reason the GotY is a real pain in the ass to get to run. No other games give you trouble?
Hey, as of this writing, I loaded up my copy of the GOTY edition and I didn't have a problem with it. I was thinking I would have gotten the same problem if it was from two things.

-The XBox Live System update I received today
-Or my 360 itself would be having problems

And yet, my game loaded up fine. I think it could be your 360 that's having problems and not the disc, especially if the disc is brand-new.

Metamania

I really hope it's not my system, I can't afford to get it fixed right now. :( Well as I said no other game is giving me problems, and I've read about a few others having this issue at start-up (though unlike Avian, from what I hear they've all come from the GotY edition.) If it is the game, hopefully it'll be patched soon as I don't like to put my 360 through this every time I play.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#770 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

[QUOTE="Avian005"]That's been happening with my Oct. '11 copy of the game. I thought it was because my disc may be damaged, but you're having this problem too for the GotY edition? WTF?MirkoS77

That's strange. I'm having no problem with my older copy, but for some reason the GotY is a real pain in the ass to get to run. No other games give you trouble?

Nope, just AC.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 Metamania

Do any of you have a good strategy for obtaining all the medals as Batman for Natural Selection and End Of The Line, both in Extreme? I'm having a tough time and I'm always getting hit. I'd prefer not to get hit and successfully complete the challenges, but the AI can be so freaking random!

Any ideas? Any advice is much appreciated! :)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 Metamania

Hey, so the reason why this thread is back is because the newest edition for Arkham City is coming out on the Wii U and I'm sure someone is going to be buying the Wii U, along with Armored Edition, and is bound to have impressions on how the game works on the Wii U and if there's any other differences (besides the control scheme, of course) between the original versions and this version. So make sure to keep this thread in mind when you play it and let us know! :)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 MirkoS77

I'm curious to this as well, though I won't be picking up a WiiU for quite a while as I never buy systems at launch. I'll have to keep this thread bookmarked. I didn't know AE was a launch title.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 Metamania

I'm curious to this as well, though I won't be picking up a WiiU for quite a while as I never buy systems at launch. I'll have to keep this thread bookmarked. I didn't know AE was a launch title.

MirkoS77

Now you know and knowing's half the battle, friend! :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Metamania

Now you know and knowing's half the battle, friend! :P

Maybe I'll have to pick up a WiiU soon after all. :D

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 Metamania

I read the review on IGN, which you can read here, but for those that want to hear what the Wii U has, here's a blurb:

For those who played through Batman: Arkham City in 2011, the Armored Edition doesn't offer much in the way of incentives -- by and large, this is the same top-notch action/adventure game Rocksteady released last year. The new BAT mode gives you an additional combat option, but it's both unoriginal and ineffective. You'll charge a meter, activate BAT mode, and become mildly stronger in a fight. The inclusion of the Harley Quinn's Revenge expansion, Robin and Nightwing's challenge rooms, and character skins goes a long way to lengthen the experience, but the Wii U Game Pad functionality is clearly a consequence of launch-title experimentation. Arkham City looks and plays just as excellent as always on the Game Pad screen, but when it's used for touch-screen weapon selection, or as an in-game gadget, the Game Pad is just awkward. Moving the real-world object to look for in-game objects is a chore, and better left to the analog sticks. Glancing at the Game Pad to see your sonar radar is the best usage, really, but even then it's unexciting and not as helpful as simply absorbing yourself in the game proper.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I read the review on IGN, which you can read here, but for those that want to hear what the Wii U has, here's a blurb:

For those who played through Batman: Arkham City in 2011, the Armored Edition doesn't offer much in the way of incentives

Metamania

Sounds like the launch of the Wii U as a whole, doesn't it?