Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#451 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Got the Batman Inc. skin. Too cool, probably my favorite skin in the entire game.

Anyone who's played the Robin DLC, I have a few questions...

1) Does he have a disarm? I love the Nightwing DLC, but not having a disarm/destroy combo really limits my enjoyment of him in the challenge maps, it's a huge handicap.

2) How are the included maps? Pretty badass, or just kinda "meh"?

Jbul

It's good to see you in the thread again! I asked you a question about your score, a long while back, but you never answered it.

-To my knowledge, Robin doesn't have a disarm either and neither do the others. Only Batman does.

-I got to play Joker's Carnival at my friend's home and it was a lot longer than any of the other challenge maps that I've gotten to seen. However, I have not seen the Iceberg Lounge or Batcave challenge map yet to make a good impression out of it!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#452 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

Got the Batman Inc. skin. Too cool, probably my favorite skin in the entire game.

1) Does he have a disarm? I love the Nightwing DLC, but not having a disarm/destroy combo really limits my enjoyment of him in the challenge maps, it's a huge handicap.

Metamania

It's good to see you in the thread again! I asked you a question about your score, a long while back, but you never answered it.

-To my knowledge, Robin doesn't have a disarm either and neither do the others. Only Batman does.

-I got to play Joker's Carnival at my friend's home and it was a lot longer than any of the other challenge maps that I've gotten to seen. However, I have not seen the Iceberg Lounge or Batcave challenge map yet to make a good impression out of it!

Sorry 'bout that, been really busy with 3 jobs. Things are starting to calm down again.

About my score --

I make sure to use all my gadgets. Gel for crowd control, rapid-fire batarangs for the same. I save my x5 Multiplyers for either A) Taking out tough foes (those fat clowns you normally need to use Beat Down on), or B) Disarm and destroy dangerous weapons (Electrical Sticks, Shields). It's important to note that you are invincible during those animations, so they provide a nice breather to take stock of your current enemies and their placement.

I also use Ice Grenade on tough foes like the One-Armed Henchmen to keep them from disrupting my flow during long-ass combinations. The game has a rather useful "smart detect" system built into it's combat where you will leap through a crowd of enemies to disarm someone, or in the case of an Ice Grenade, it'll usually hit the strongest/most dangerous foe.

Another big thing to remember are finishers. If you have a 65 hit combo, try to end it (meaning, on the last man standing) with a Ground Takedown (R + Y). I believe it's a 75 x (combo hit) point bonus, so at the end of a huge combo, it'll net THOUSANDS of points. A beatdown finisher, for instance, is a 50 x (combo hit) multiplyer, so Ground Takedown is easily the best way to go for big points. If the enemy isn't on the ground near the end, just do a Triple Cape-Sweep, then they'll be on the ground, where you can finish them off for mad point totals.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#453 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Ground Takedowns used to be 100XP in Batman AA, im wondering why they are only 75XP now. I noticed the Titan Takedown was a 100XP, but is there another move that's a 100XP?

BTW, You can also use the quick grapple and vault over the enemies to knock them down. That will add to your gadget variation bonus as well. Triple stun is nice and it ensures enemies stay down a lot longer but its tough to pull off with multiple enemies since it takes so long. I hate the quick gel gadget move, i feel all disoriented after planting one, but the quick ice throw, batarang, electric and grapple moves are really easy to pull off.

I hate getting the game on GFWL because even though i can see all my XBL friends online, i cant compare my scores with them. i loved beating dvader's scores in Batman AA. :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 Jbul

Ground Takedowns used to be 100XP in Batman AA, im wondering why they are only 75XP now. I noticed the Titan Takedown was a 100XP, but is there another move that's a 100XP?

BTW, You can also use the quick grapple and vault over the enemies to knock them down. That will add to your gadget variation bonus as well. Triple stun is nice and it ensures enemies stay down a lot longer but its tough to pull off with multiple enemies since it takes so long. I hate the quick gel gadget move, i feel all disoriented after planting one, but the quick ice throw, batarang, electric and grapple moves are really easy to pull off.

I hate getting the game on GFWL because even though i can see all my XBL friends online, i cant compare my scores with them. i loved beating dvader's scores in Batman AA. :P

S0lidSnake

Yeah, Explosive Gel can be confusing as hell. I stopped trying to keep track of itand just use it when I'm in a HUGE group of enemies (leaping out of the way by planting one), and detonate it right away. It does pretty good damage, and it'll clear out some space.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#455 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Just got the game from steam for $25, loving it so far.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

Jbul

Sorry 'bout that, been really busy with 3 jobs. Things are starting to calm down again.

About my score --

I make sure to use all my gadgets. Gel for crowd control, rapid-fire batarangs for the same. I save my x5 Multiplyers for either A) Taking out tough foes (those fat clowns you normally need to use Beat Down on), or B) Disarm and destroy dangerous weapons (Electrical Sticks, Shields). It's important to note that you are invincible during those animations, so they provide a nice breather to take stock of your current enemies and their placement.

I also use Ice Grenade on tough foes like the One-Armed Henchmen to keep them from disrupting my flow during long-ass combinations. The game has a rather useful "smart detect" system built into it's combat where you will leap through a crowd of enemies to disarm someone, or in the case of an Ice Grenade, it'll usually hit the strongest/most dangerous foe.

Another big thing to remember are finishers. If you have a 65 hit combo, try to end it (meaning, on the last man standing) with a Ground Takedown (R + Y). I believe it's a 75 x (combo hit) point bonus, so at the end of a huge combo, it'll net THOUSANDS of points. A beatdown finisher, for instance, is a 50 x (combo hit) multiplyer, so Ground Takedown is easily the best way to go for big points. If the enemy isn't on the ground near the end, just do a Triple Cape-Sweep, then they'll be on the ground, where you can finish them off for mad point totals.

When it comes to maps on the Extreme level, there are always the really big guys that stand out from the rest of the minions. Do you take care of them first? Sometimes, in few situations, you have to deal with two of them. How do you deal with that kind of situation?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 S0lidSnake

When it comes to maps on the Extreme level, there are always the really big guys that stand out from the rest of the minions. Do you take care of them first? Sometimes, in few situations, you have to deal with two of them. How do you deal with that kind of situation?

Metamania

Like Jbul said, freeze the twin brothers with a quick throw (LT+LT). I would do this at the start of the fight. Then focus on the Titans, stun them with 3 cape stun attack (B,B,B), and pound away. Just counter whoever tries to attack you, and go back to the Titan. Once you are on the Titan, it should be easy pickings. By the time the titan throws you off, you should have a nice 50-75 hit combo. Make sure to do a ground takedown on an isolated enemy to take advantage of your combo before you lose it. 75*75 can net you over 5500XP with just one ground takedown.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#458 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

This game was done a great injustice by not getting GotY. The only other I can see deserving it as well is The Witcher 2, which unfortunately not many have played so I can understand somewhat why it was overlooked. But AC is so far and above Skyrim, I don't understand how such a game that does everything so average (not to mention is buggy as it is) gets awarded when everything AC does is a large improvement over AA and is polished to a mirror sheen yet gets nothing. Maybe the fact that it has to do with it being based on a comic book character has something to do with it?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 Metamania

This game was done a great injustice by not getting GotY. The only other I can see deserving it as well is The Witcher 2, which unfortunately not many have played so I can understand somewhat why it was overlooked. But AC is so far and above Skyrim, I don't understand how such a game that does everything so average (not to mention is buggy as it is) gets awarded when everything AC does is a large improvement over AA and is polished to a mirror sheen yet gets nothing. Maybe the fact that it has to do with it being based on a comic book character has something to do with it?

MirkoS77

It has nothing to do with that. Skyrim has been getting all the hype, all the BS, etc because of the money and advertisment that it's been given. So for a game that's REALLY buggy and REALLY glitchy is somehow given the slip and is awarded the GOTY. It's MIND-BOGGLING! Batman: Arkham City is by no means perfect, but Rocksteady did a fantastic job in covering all their bases, making this a lot more playable than Skyrim ever will be. Skyrim is a mess of its own and these ediotrs still have the audacity to go "Oh my god, Skyrim is SO AWESOME, SO AMAZING" and don't necessarily see the full picture before them? It's rushful thinking, the same kind of thinking that lead games like GTA, Halo, COD, etc to receive these high honors when there are SO MANY problems plaguing those franchises.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Metamania

It has nothing to do with that. Skyrim has been getting all the hype, all the BS, etc because of the money and advertisment that it's been given. So for a game that's REALLY buggy and REALLY glitchy is somehow given the slip and is awarded the GOTY. It's MIND-BOGGLING! Batman: Arkham City is by no means perfect, but Rocksteady did a fantastic job in covering all their bases, making this a lot more playable than Skyrim ever will be. Skyrim is a mess of its own and these ediotrs still have the audacity to go "Oh my god, Skyrim is SO AWESOME, SO AMAZING" and don't necessarily see the full picture before them? It's rushful thinking, the same kind of thinking that lead games like GTA, Halo, COD, etc to receive these high honors when there are SO MANY problems plaguing those franchises.

A game that provides over 100 hours of unique gameplay will always trump a game with an 8 hour campaign. This is how its been the last few years. GTA, RDR, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3 were all media darlings. Everyone shouldve expected this tbh.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

S0lidSnake

A game that provides over 100 hours of unique gameplay will always trump a game with an 8 hour campaign. This is how its been the last few years. GTA, RDR, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3 were all media darlings. Everyone shouldve expected this tbh.

I don't understand this whole "quantity over quality" mentality. That's mostly all the arguments people favor towards Skyrim. "Yea it's average in many respects...BUT YOU CAN DO SO MUCH!!" So what?? When it's so unenjoyable, generic and bland? Ugh. Skyrim is like watered down beer. There's plenty of it, it's cheap, and it eventually gets you drunk but it's nothing special. Giving Skyrim GotY is analogous to giving Coors the best beer award.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 Metamania

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

MirkoS77

I don't understand this whole "quantity over quality" mentality. That's mostly all the arguments people favor towards Skyrim. "Yea it's average in many respects...BUT YOU CAN DO SO MUCH!!" So what?? When it's so unenjoyable, generic and bland? Ugh. Skyrim is like watered down beer. There's plenty of it, it's cheap, and it eventually gets you drunk but it's nothing special. Giving Skyrim GotY is analogous to giving Coors the best beer award.

I haven't played Skyrim all this much, but I know that a lot of people enjoy it. But Mirko's right - quantity over quality isn't necessarily a good thing. A ton of other videogames allowed you freedom, range, movements, and hours of playability at your heart's content. Doesn't mean that it's a good game. Grand Theft Auto IV, for example, had a s-load of problems and unfortunately, people just ignored it and gave it GOTY anyway. I DO NOT understand that mentality whatsoever. Also, Batman AC has more than a 8-hour campaign and there's apparently going to be more DLC for it, so I don't see how 100 hours is a valid argument when Batman has the same thing here.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 S0lidSnake

When it's so unenjoyable, generic and bland? Ugh. Skyrim is like watered down beer. There's plenty of it, it's cheap, and it eventually gets you drunk but it's nothing special.

MirkoS77

Says who? By all accounts, its extremely enjoyable, unique and contains a rich world full of interactive NPCs unlike any other game out there. I have 10 programmers in my office and 8 of them have been playing Skyrim for over a month now. I doubt they wouldve stuck with it if they found it unenjoyable, gerneic and bland.

Let's not take away any credit from Skyrim. It's a fantastic game and worthy of winning the award. When I say it's 'predictable' that media would vote for Skyrim 9 times out of10, it's just me pointing out a trend. Just like how the Oscars would vote for a movie like The King Speech over Inception everytime, it doesnt make The King's Speech wasn't a fantastic movie, it just makes the Oscars so f***ing predictable.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 MirkoS77

I haven't played Skyrim all this much, but I know that a lot of people enjoy it. But Mirko's right - quantity over quality isn't necessarily a good thing. A ton of other videogames allowed you freedom, range, movements, and hours of playability at your heart's content. Doesn't mean that it's a good game. Grand Theft Auto IV, for example, had a s-load of problems and unfortunately, people just ignored it and gave it GOTY anyway. I DO NOT understand that mentality whatsoever. Also, Batman AC has more than a 8-hour campaign and there's apparently going to be more DLC for it, so I don't see how 100 hours is a valid argument when Batman has the same thing here.

Metamania

Heck, the combat challenges are STILL keeping me busy, there's still DLC coming out, and I'm still working my way through New Game+. Also have about 200 riddles to go (thank God they carry over to NG+). I must've at this point poured in dozens and dozens of hours and am still playing. And quality has not been sacrificed. There's something to be said for large sandbox games, but it strikes me that it has become an overriding determinant in judging what is quality. Tbh, I get tired of games that large after a while unless they keep introducing new elements and surprises throughout. After 100 hours, it just becomes dull.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 Metamania

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

When it's so unenjoyable, generic and bland? Ugh. Skyrim is like watered down beer. There's plenty of it, it's cheap, and it eventually gets you drunk but it's nothing special.

S0lidSnake

Says who? By all accounts, its extremely enjoyable, unique and contains a rich world full of interactive NPCs unlike any other game out there. I have 10 programmers in my office and 8 of them have been playing Skyrim for over a month now. I doubt they wouldve stuck with it if they found it unenjoyable, gerneic and bland.

Let's not take away any credit from Skyrim. It's a fantastic game and worthy of winning the award. When I say it's 'predictable' that media would vote for Skyrim 9 times out of10, it's just me pointing out a trend. Just like how the Oscars would vote for a movie like The King Speech over Inception everytime, it doesnt make The King's Speech wasn't a fantastic movie, it just makes the Oscars so f***ing predictable.

Oscars aren't given to new movies like Inception, it's given to movies like The King's Speech because it goes back to THEIR generation. I've seen this happen for some movies in the past as well. Doesn't make it a good movie either. The same goes for Skyrim; it might be playable, it might be fantastic, but it has A LOT of problems that weren't fixed and was just released out of the door, like every Bethesda game out there. Meanwhile, you take a look at Batman and you know that there isn't much wrong with it. Sure, improvements could be made, but again, Rocksteady worked hard to make sure everything was ready from the get-go. And also, I had a feeling that Skyrim would win, but not because it's a good game. It won because it got WAY TOO much hype for its own good.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

S0lidSnake

Well....says me. It's my opinion obviously. The game is average in mostly every respect. Have (or are you) playing it? I got about 30 hours in and had no interest in continuing. And no, considering the competition this year, I think that it in no way, shape, or form deserves GotY. Hell, I don't think it does simply based on them knowingly releasing such a product on the PS3 suffering a problem which renders the game nearly unplayable after many hours of time investment. Bethesda seemingly is capable of getting away with murder, and I find it wrong to reward such a thing.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 S0lidSnake

Oscars aren't given to new movies like Inception, it's given to movies like The King's Speech because it goes back to THEIR generation. I've seen this happen for some movies in the past as well. Doesn't make it a good movie either.

Metamania

The movie buff in me has a problem with this statement. :P

Actually, the newer Oscar voters are the 'young', 'artsy' crowd who prefer movies like The Kings Speech, Slumdog Millionare over The Dark Knight and Inception. Atleast according to Roger Ebert. The older generation had no problems giving Oscars to Westerns (action movies of that era) and other action epics lilke Ben Hur, Brave Heart, Gladiator and more recently LOTR ROTK.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 Jbul

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, Mario Kart 3D is clearly the GOTY.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

MirkoS77

Well....says me. It's my opinion obviously. The game is average in mostly every respect. Have (or are you) playing it? I got about 30 hours in and had no interest in continuing. And no, considering the competition this year, I think that it in no way, shape, or form deserves GotY. Hell, I don't think it does simply based on them knowingly releasing such a product on the PS3 suffering a problem which renders the game nearly unplayable after many hours of time investment. Bethesda seemingly is capable of getting away with murder, and I find it wrong to reward such a thing.

Why are you assuming they are basing their opinioin the PS3 version? For all we know they played the (least buggy) PC version. I am also sure that if they had game breaking issues on the 360 they wouldve taken that into account as well. It's not a conspiracy lol. It's just their favorite game of the year.

And Yes! It IS your opinion, you are entitlted to find something generic, uninspired and boring....just like how Gamespot editors have the right to call it imaginative, inspiring and brilliant. People have different tastes in movies, games, women and food. I dont care for the Whopper but millions of people love that s***. Do i get upset and call out those guys for liking a burger that i dont find tasty?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 MirkoS77

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, Mario Kart 3D is clearly the GOTY.

Jbul

My vote goes to Pilotwings. :D

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

MirkoS77

My vote goes to Pilotwings. :D

Dude! Pilotwings, HELL YES!

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 S0lidSnake

Great! All we needed were Nintendo fanboys trolling this thread!

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 Metamania

Pilotwings? Why not Pilotwings 64? :P :D

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 MirkoS77

Why are you assuming they are basing their opinioin the PS3 version? For all we know they played the (least buggy) PC version. I am also sure that if they had game breaking issues on the 360 they wouldve taken that into account as well. It's not a conspiracy lol. It's just their favorite game of the year.

And Yes! It IS your opinion, you are entitlted to find something generic, uninspired and boring....just like how Gamespot editors have the right to call it imaginative, inspiring and brilliant. People have different tastes in movies, games, women and food. I dont care for the Whopper but millions of people love that s***. Do i get upset and call out those guys for liking a burger that i dont find tasty?

S0lidSnake

Yes, thank you. You're not telling me something I don't already know. I'm not quite sure where you're getting the idea that I think others are not entitled to their opinion, calm down. Don't mistake my passion for what I believe as intolerance for what others do. As for assuming that they're basing their opinion off the PS3 version, why shouldn't they also include it in their critique? So it's OK to overlook such a crucial flaw because it works fine on another platform? The game should be taken and viewed as a whole across all platforms, not selectively viewed on the most favorble one.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 MirkoS77

Metamania

Pilotwings 64 was the BOMB! Nah, Star Fox 64 if we're going back that far. We all should start our own retro-GotY awards. :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 Jbul

Metamania

They did a Pilotwings 64?! :shock: I never played Starfox 64 either, and I'm told that's a crime.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Jbul

They did a Pilotwings 64?! :shock: I never played Starfox 64 either, and I'm told that's a crime.

Please tell me you are being completely sarcastic with the PW64 comment, because that's :lol: at the moment. And yeah, never playing Starfox 64 is a crime in itself. Back in the day, I used to have four-player battles with three of my friends all the time. Goldeneye wasn't the only game that had great multiplayer on the N64.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

MirkoS77

Yes, thank you. You're not telling me something I don't already know.

You may 'know' it, but you are surely not 'applying' it. You called the game bland when others millions of people clearly do not. You DO seem to have a problem with Gamespot and others picking this game out as GOTY. You also trashed Skyrim with your baseless 'Qauntity over Quality' argument, so let's not pretend that you are just a fan of the game disappointed at the lack of recogniton your favorite game is getting. You chose to trash Skyrim, so yes it IS about your intolerence for what other people like. Nothing wrong with that, I dislike the amount of praise Rockstar games get year after year So at least admit it instead of telling me to calm down trying to make me look like an angry nerd or something.

As for the buggy PS3 version holding the decent PC and 360 versions back, I dont think it works like that. I played Batman AC on PC and it ran beautifully at 1080p and 60fps. High res textures everywhere, no fog, jaggies or bluriness, nothing. Now the PS3 version ran at 720p, had problems holding 30 fps and teared everywhere like a mother f***er. Should I take into account how the PS3 version ran when I review the game or when I vote for it as my GOTY? Of course not, that's not the version i played. The performance issues on the PS3 dont concern me the slightest. Just like how everyone at Gamespot who played the PC or 360 version has no reason to worry about the PS3 versino... well everyone except for the guy who reviewed the PS3 version.

If they gave the PS3 version the GOTY then ok, they f***ed up. But I have zero problems with them giving the PC or 360 version their overall Game of the Year.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 MirkoS77

You may 'know' it, but you are surely not 'applying' it. You called the game bland when others millions of people clearly do not. You DO seem to have a problem with Gamespot and others picking this game out as GOTY. You also trashed Skyrim with your baseless 'Qauntity over Quality' argument, so let's not pretend that you are just a fan of the game disappointed at the lack of recogniton your favorite game is getting. You chose to trash Skyrim, so yes it IS about your intolerence for what other people like. Nothing wrong with that, I dislike the amount of praise Rockstar games get year after year So at least admit it instead of telling me to calm down trying to make me look like an angry nerd or something.

S0lidSnake

Explain to me how "trashing", as you put it, is displaying intolerance for what others believe? It's a difference of opinion. I believe it to be overrated and extremely average, that is not intolerance towards those who feel opposite. I am not saying, "you have no right to your opinion", I'm saying "I believe the game to be bland, dull, generic and lifeless". I heavily disagree with the majority on Skyrim, that doesn't mean I don't respect their right to hold that opinion. THAT's intolerance. I won't admit anything because what you're accusing me of I'm not doing. And you're right, I do believe Batman (or TW2) deserved GotY much more. Simply because I disagree does not make me intolerant. I could "trash" Skyrim to the heavens and still be tolerant towards others' opinions about it.

As for the buggy PS3 version holding the decent PC and 360 versions back, I dont think it works like that. I played Batman AC on PC and it ran beautifully at 1080p and 60fps. High res textures everywhere, no fog, jaggies or bluriness, nothing. Now the PS3 version ran at 720p, had problems holding 30 fps and teared everywhere like a mother f***er. Should I take into account how the PS3 version ran when I review the game or when I vote for it as my GOTY?

S0lidSnake

Yes, you absolutely should. Why wouldn't you? I don't understand your reasoning here. If I were a judge and determining which game is deserving of GotY, you're damn right I'm going to take into account not only art design, sound, content, but I'm also going to take into consideration all the technical aspects that make a game what it is across all platforms. This is not to mention PS3 owners that have been screwed over. THOUSANDS of people got sold a game, knowingly sold a game that becomes nearly unplayable later on. This is to ignored? Much less rewarded??

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

MirkoS77

Explain to me how "trashing", as you put it, is displaying intolerance for what others believe? It's a difference of opinion. I believe it to be overrated and extremely average, that is not intolerance towards those who feel opposite. I am not saying, "you have no right to your opinion", I'm saying "I believe the game to be bland, dull, generic and lifeless". I heavily disagree with the majority on Skyrim, that doesn't mean I don't respect their right to hold that opinion. THAT's intolerance. I won't admit anything because what you're accusing me of I'm not doing. And you're right, I do believe Batman (or TW2) deserved GotY much more. Simply because I disagree does not make me intolerant. I could "trash" Skyrim to the heavens and still be tolerant towards others' opinions about it.

As for the buggy PS3 version holding the decent PC and 360 versions back, I dont think it works like that. I played Batman AC on PC and it ran beautifully at 1080p and 60fps. High res textures everywhere, no fog, jaggies or bluriness, nothing. Now the PS3 version ran at 720p, had problems holding 30 fps and teared everywhere like a mother f***er. Should I take into account how the PS3 version ran when I review the game or when I vote for it as my GOTY?

S0lidSnake

Yes, you absolutely should. Why wouldn't you? I don't understand your reasoning here. If I were a judge and determining which game is deserving of GotY, you're damn right I'm going to take into account not only art design, sound, content, but I'm also going to take into consideration all the technical aspects that make a game what it is across all platforms. This is not to mention PS3 owners that have been screwed over. THOUSANDS of people got sold a game, knowingly sold a game that becomes nearly unplayable later on. This is to ignored? Much less rewarded??

i dont know what im arguing anymore....

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 MirkoS77

Idont know what im arguing anymore....

S0lidSnake

Fine, let's drop it then. But I don't appreciate being labeled intolerant of others. I am very tolerant, just heavily opinionated. They are entirely separate things.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 Jbul

Just curious, S0lid, where do you think Arkham City stands in this years releases? I'm guessing you may like Uncharted 3 more, but I might be wrong.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Metamania

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

MirkoS77

Fine, let's drop it then. But I don't appreciate being labeled intolerant of others. I am very tolerant, just heavily opinionated. They are entirely separate things.

Yeah, just agree to disagree and move on guys. :)

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

MirkoS77

Let's stop using the word intolerant for a second.... too strong a word in this context... sit back and look at what you have been arguing: You have been saying that Skyrim doesn't deserve GOTY, that Gamespot had no business giving Skyrim GOTY because IN YOUR OPINION it is bland and uninspired. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. You cant expect Gamespot to take YOUR opinion into account when picking their GOTY. Disagreeing with their choice is ok, trashing Skyrim is also ok, as long as you admit you are trashing Skyrim and it being Gamespot's choice of GOTY.

And I will review a game based on MY experience with the game. If my experience has been perfect then that's all i care about. Jbul loved Castlevania, he had no issues with the framerate and hit detection that nearly ruined the game for me. I died repeatedly because i couldnt anticipate enemy attacks due to hit detection, a game breaking issue for me.... now should I be expected to take HIS opinion into account when when reviewing the game? Should he be expected to take my opinion of the game in account when rating it? Of course not.

Lastly, and a better example would be Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. On the PS3 they are a tearing mess. Framerate all over the place. On the 360, it's A LOT smoother. Grammaton played it on the 360 and had no issues, it's his favorite franchise of the gen. I feel like puking if i play more than two hours of AC in one sitting. Why in the world wouldn't Grammaton pick the AC series has his favorite because I played the inferior version of the game? Or rather because I had issues with the framerate and tearing?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 S0lidSnake

Just curious, S0lid, where do you think Arkham City stands in this years releases? I'm guessing you may like Uncharted 3 more, but I might be wrong.

Jbul

It's my GOTY.
Uncharted 3 SP was a major disappointment for me. Only the MP saved the game IMO.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#487 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44555 Posts
People should play Arkham Asylum first... not because of story, it was the better game IMO.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

S0lidSnake

It's my GOTY.
Uncharted 3 SP was a major disappointment for me. Only the MP saved the game IMO.

Good man. I think we have similar taste in games for the most part.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 MirkoS77

You have been saying that Skyrim doesn't deserve GOTY, that Gamespot had no business giving Skyrim GOTY because IN YOUR OPINION it is bland and uninspired. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. You cant expect Gamespot to take YOUR opinion into account when picking their GOTY.

S0lidSnake

So anybody that disagrees with GS's GotY choice for whatever specific reason doesn't make sense to you? That's all I've been doing. It's all opinion, and if mine makes no sense to you whatsoever than neither does every other person that feels the same as I. This has nothing to do with whether GS cares for my opinion. I've not been throwing a hissy fit that they've not listened to how I feel. You're creating a strawman here.

Disagreeing with their choice is ok, trashing Skyrim is also ok, as long as you admit you are trashing Skyrim and it being Gamespot's choice of GOTY.

S0lidSnake

Isn't this what I've been doing (though I can't say what I've called it is trashing)? And I don't have to admit what I've already made blatantly clear. You seem to be taking the stance that I'm not entitled to my opinion, for what reason I don't know. I'm expressing my disappointment with their selection, how does this not make sense to you? I've stated that I don't agree it deserves GotY. I'm not expecting them to take my opinion into account any more than they should take yours. I don't quite understand your point or how you're coming to the conclusion that I'm arguing something I'm not.

And I will review a game based on MY experience with the game. If my experience has been perfect then that's all i care about. Jbul loved Castlevania, he had no issues with the framerate and hit detection that nearly ruined the game for me. I died repeatedly because i couldnt anticipate enemy attacks due to hit detection, a game breaking issue for me.... now should I be expected to take HIS opinion into account when when reviewing the game? Should he be expected to take my opinion of the game in account when rating it? Of course not.

Lastly, and a better example would be Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. On the PS3 they are a tearing mess. Framerate all over the place. On the 360, it's A LOT smoother. Grammaton played it on the 360 and had no issues, it's his favorite franchise of the gen. I feel like puking if i play more than two hours of AC in one sitting. Why in the world wouldn't Grammaton pick the AC series has his favorite because I played the inferior version of the game? Or rather because I had issues with the framerate and tearing?

S0lidSnake

I believe a game should be viewed as objectively as possible when being reviewed. That is a whole other debate I'm not interested in getting into, and tbh I'm not interested in continuting this one. As MM said, let's agree to disagree and let it lay.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Jbul

Anyone else been having technical issues (again) since the last update? Now, I'm having the loading screen freeze after installing the game (which was fixed in a previous update, I thought). But today, after ANOTHER update, Thugs were falling through the ground, disappearing before me, and Batman wouldnt come up after falling in water. the game would just pause. Extremely odd considering before today, I've had zero technical issues with this otherwise superb product.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#491 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
3 pages ago, the discussion was about scoring. If anyone still cares, a blade dodge takedown is x100, and no one other than Batman has a disarm/destroy combo finisher. As far as all this GotY nonsense goes, I knew back in march that Skyrim would be the winner considering it is the only game that came out this year that didn't have a prequel last year. It was a shoe-in(shoo-in?). But enough of all the backward pondering! Look to the future- I'm looking forward to Prototype2(announced), Just Cause 3(it's gotta be coming someday), Mercenaries, Inc.(yeah... that's probably not coming... ever), and the first open world shooter for 3DS(pleaseohpleaseohplease). You guys lookin' forward to anything?
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 El_Zo1212o

Anyone else been having technical issues (again) since the last update? Now, I'm having the loading screen freeze after installing the game (which was fixed in a previous update, I thought). But today, after ANOTHER update, Thugs were falling through the ground, disappearing before me, and Batman wouldnt come up after falling in water. the game would just pause. Extremely odd considering before today, I've had zero technical issues with this otherwise superb product.

Jbul
S'far as that goes, I have noticed a significant amount of slowdown lately, but I attributed it to the almighty ass whuppin's I was handing out in the Iceberg Lounge. If anyone is considering buying the mappack addon, it would be worth it for the Carnival and the Lounge, but if you got them already, the Batcave isn't worth the three bucks- it's only 1 predator challenge map. Someone also asked about the maps bundled with Robin: the Train is an interesting concept- a sidescrolling level set on a train speeding through arkham/gotham in the style of old '90s beatem ups. The black mask hideout is pretty average, but the real trick is playing the Riddler campaign- it's got a nifty little cutscene or two to give it substance. I recommend the Robin bundle wholeheartedly
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

El_Zo1212o

S'far as that goes, I have noticed a significant amount of slowdown lately, but I attributed it to the almighty ass whuppin's I was handing out in the Iceberg Lounge. If anyone is considering buying the mappack addon, it would be worth it for the Carnival and the Lounge, but if you got them already, the Batcave isn't worth the three bucks- it's only 1 predator challenge map. Someone also asked about the maps bundled with Robin: the Train is an interesting concept- a sidescrolling level set on a train speeding through arkham/gotham in the style of old '90s beatem ups. The black mask hideout is pretty average, but the real trick is playing the Riddler campaign- it's got a nifty little cutscene or two to give it substance. I recommend the Robin bundle wholeheartedly

I seriously think the patch f****d things up. Maybe it was to accomadate the new code Rocksteady released for using the alternate outfits in first-playthroughs. I just hit a guy into the side of a building, and he appeared on top of it. Things like that never happened before.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 MirkoS77
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]3 pages ago, the discussion was about scoring. If anyone still cares, a blade dodge takedown is x100, and no one other than Batman has a disarm/destroy combo finisher. As far as all this GotY nonsense goes, I knew back in march that Skyrim would be the winner considering it is the only game that came out this year that didn't have a prequel last year. It was a shoe-in(shoo-in?). But enough of all the backward pondering! Look to the future- I'm looking forward to Prototype2(announced), Just Cause 3(it's gotta be coming someday), Mercenaries, Inc.(yeah... that's probably not coming... ever), and the first open world shooter for 3DS(pleaseohpleaseohplease). You guys lookin' forward to anything?

Only Diablo III, really. If it EVER comes out. :? It's getting ridiculous. Now I hear the beta has been extended. Better to see a well tested game released later, but this has got to be kicking back the release to Feb-March at the earliest. About posting scores...eh, I'm unable to even get in range to be competitive to most. I know you've said it takes daily practice, but no matter how much I play I can't seem to get better, at least not nearly what I need to be to get you running for the hills. :)
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Metamania

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Jbul"]

Jbul

I seriously think the patch f****d things up. Maybe it was to accomadate the new code Rocksteady released for using the alternate outfits in first-playthroughs. I just hit a guy into the side of a building, and he appeared on top of it. Things like that never happened before.

I hope a lot of people are going to their website and giving them hell for it. Rocksteady needs to fix that s*** up!

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 El_Zo1212o
Before the patch I can clearly remember at least once bashing an enemy so hard his head clipped through the floor. @Mirko: if you've got the Iceberg Lounge, goto custom challenges, turn on Increased Aggression, One Hand Tied, and Health Regen. The health regen will keep you going, and by the time you get a knack for stomping them, you can go back to the ranked modes and mop the floor with the baddies.
ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#497 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
In a former batman toys series, there is the robin bike! Put that in ! In future games! Then u pay me free copies of future batman games! For my good suggestions! I am a big fan to batman games! There was this batman bike too in a last movie. Render that?Render the one in batman animated series, that car! The first movie one was the best looking one. Yet less passenger!
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 MirkoS77

Before the patch I can clearly remember at least once bashing an enemy so hard his head clipped through the floor. @Mirko: if you've got the Iceberg Lounge, goto custom challenges, turn on Increased Aggression, One Hand Tied, and Health Regen. The health regen will keep you going, and by the time you get a knack for stomping them, you can go back to the ranked modes and mop the floor with the baddies.El_Zo1212o

I just saw your message on Live that you sent me about playfire.com (sorry, I've been away from my360 for a while because of the holidays). I tried to claim it but it needs my WindowsLive ID and password, both of which I'm not sure of. I'm trying to get in contact with tech support for help, but yea I'm trying to set it up! Thanks for sending me the link.

Just FYI...

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Before the patch I can clearly remember at least once bashing an enemy so hard his head clipped through the floor. @Mirko: if you've got the Iceberg Lounge, goto custom challenges, turn on Increased Aggression, One Hand Tied, and Health Regen. The health regen will keep you going, and by the time you get a knack for stomping them, you can go back to the ranked modes and mop the floor with the baddies.MirkoS77

I just saw your message on Live that you sent me about playfire.com (sorry, I've been away from my360 for a while because of the holidays). I tried to claim it but it needs my WindowsLive ID and password, both of which I'm not sure of. I'm trying to get in contact with tech support for help, but yea I'm trying to set it up! Thanks for sending me the link.

Just FYI...

Yeah, a friend joined, and I gues whenever you link your GT it sends an automated invite message to all your friends on XBL. This playfire stuff is pretty cool- it logs all of your achievements by earned date- pretty nifty stuff. I liked it better than Raptr. As far as you getting me into my running shoes and heading for the hills, I played the Sewer Bat Extreme challenge on AA religiously for a year before arkham city hit, so when I got my hands on the iceberg lounge, I scored #4 on the leaderboard. The transition from AA to AC was less than glassy smooth, but being so intimately familiar with the combat system definitely gave me a leg up on the competition. Keep at it, dude- I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to train in over a week, so now's your chance!
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 Metamania

You both may as well blame me for that, because once I joined it, I sent everyone else an invite on it, including you both, I think. :lol:

I need to get myself back into Arkham City again just so that I can complete NG+!