Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

This soundtrack is phenomenal. I need it. mrmusicman247

Yeah it is. I've noticed at some points, there's no music, just the sounds of Arkham City. But then when the orchestra kicks in, it lifts you up and makes you feel unstoppable.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I'm firmly in the camp that considers this one of the best games ever made.

There is simply too much quality, along with a nice layer of varnish, to come to any other conclusion.

As far as I'm concerned, they can rain as much DLC as they want because I could play those challenge maps indefinitely. Nightwing has already been announced, along with Robin, but here are a few more characters I'd love to see show up:

Huntress

Lady Shiva

Cobra

Deathstroke

Red Hood

Bane (Non-Venom version)

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Jbul

There is simply too much quality, along with a nice layer of varnish, to come to any other conclusion.

As far as I'm concerned, they can rain as much DLC as they want because I could play those challenge maps indefinitely. Nightwing has already been announced, along with Robin, but here are a few more characters I'd love to see show up:

Huntress

Lady Shiva

Cobra

Deathstroke

Red Hood

Bane (Non-Venom version)

Grammaton-Cleric

Challenge maps are amazing, much better than AA. What pre-order bonus did you get? I ordered from Gamestop, the Joker Carnival Challenge map is good, but I'm guessing Robin DLC would've been vastly superior.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Huntress

Lady Shiva

Cobra

Deathstroke

Red Hood

Bane (Non-Venom version)

Jbul

Challenge maps are amazing, much better than AA. What pre-order bonus did you get? I ordered from Gamestop, the Joker Carnival Challenge map is good, but I'm guessing Robin DLC would've been vastly superior.

KMART version didn't come with any DLC so I'll end up buying all of it at a later date.

What I did get was a coupon for 30 dollars off my next purchase, meaning that Uncharted 3 will cost me 29.99 next week. It was a good trade-off.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I need help. I'm stuck

[spoiler] I'm stuck in Catwoman's final chapter after the credits. I've made it inside the museum and defeated all the henchmen in the gladiator pit. Both stairs on either side are blocked by electrical fences. What do I do? All walkthroughs show that the fences were disabled. I don't get it [/spoiler]

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

OMG you guys, do this! Set your internal clock to 10/31/2011 (Halloween) and talk to Calender man.

Edit: There is a calendar in the room with Calendar Man. Set your clock to each of the 12 dates and talk to him to get a trophy!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#159 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
This game reminds me a lot of my first experience of Shadow of the Colossus. At first, I knew I enjoyed the game, and had a few problems with the game... but as I played it more and more, I stated noticing the little details and unique things that just set it apart from any other game I had ever played up until that point. I'm definitely not at the end of the process of completely falling head-over-heels in love with the game (I haven't touched the challenge rooms yet, and just barely passed 50% completion) and know that I'm going to eat up every piece of DLC. But I don't think its greatness has really set in for me yet.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
...in case anyone was wondering, in New Game Plus...Gamefan1986
Thanks for the heads up- I've been wondering how that was going to work. As far as DLC goes, I say crank it out, man! I preordered the collector's from Gamestop and standard from Best Buy so I ended up with codes for Catwoman, Robin, Joker's Carnival, the Iceberg Lounge VIP room, and the Animated Series Batman costume. Nightwing hits on Nov 1(I've got the MS points set aside already), then the Batman skins pack beginning of December. '70s blue and grey, here I come! I'll be buying costumes and new challenge maps until Arkham3 comes out.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Game is simply incredible. I don't really have anything else to add. I'm only about 50% so far, and I love that the devs added some bosses this time.

Arkham City seems to be a bit more challenging for me than the first game. I keep messing up trying to pound everyone's face in, but occasionally I'll make the combat flow my way and get a good 20 hit combat going. The mechanics are easy to use, but when it all comes together properly, it's total bliss.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Either the combat is easier in this than in AA, or my skills are improving. I can now routinely pull off 60+ combos while fighting a variety of different enemies and have achieved 3 medals on every combat challenge map (aside from Joker's Funhouse, I can't keep a combo going with one-arm running loose). Still, on all the other maps I'll do all four rounds flawlessly and maintain a combo throughout each round, and while my score is far above what's required to get the third medal, it's only barely half of what's on the leaderboards. I don't really use gadgets aside from the occasional grapple, but even still. Gadget variation bonus equals like 500 points, big deal. How are people getting twice what I am when I'm playing each round free-flow perfect?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 El_Zo1212o

Either the combat is easier in this than in AA, or my skills are improving. I can now routinely pull off 60+ combos while fighting a variety of different enemies and have achieved 3 medals on every combat challenge map (aside from Joker's Funhouse, I can't keep a combo going with one-arm running loose). Still, on all the other maps I'll do all four rounds flawlessly and maintain a combo throughout each round, and while my score is far above what's required to get the third medal, it's only barely half of what's on the leaderboards. I don't really use gadgets aside from the occasional grapple, but even still. Gadget variation bonus equals like 500 points, big deal. How are people getting twice what I am when I'm playing each round free-flow perfect?

MirkoS77
Gadget and variation bonuses increase exponentially. Back in AA a seven X variation is 1000, 8 is 3500 and 9 is 5000. I assume it works the same way in this game. My first night with the game I made it to #4 on the Iceberg Lounge VIP room with a 132 combo(mostly strikes and batarangs). Still haven't beat the score, and I think I've just been bumped from the top 50. If you want to rock the combo with Ivan in the mix, use Robin(if you've got him). Robin's got a quickfire gadget called snapflash- he sticks it to a badguy and you trigger it again to set it off- when detonated, it takes everyone in range off their feet and stuns them for a good long time. Take out anyone else standing and then put the beatdown on Ivan.
321orez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 321orez
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
Just a heads up for those who didn't play Asylum, if you buy Arkham City from Walmart, you git Arkham Asylum GOTY free
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#165 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamefan1986"]...in case anyone was wondering, in New Game Plus...El_Zo1212o
Thanks for the heads up- I've been wondering how that was going to work. As far as DLC goes, I say crank it out, man! I preordered the collector's from Gamestop and standard from Best Buy so I ended up with codes for Catwoman, Robin, Joker's Carnival, the Iceberg Lounge VIP room, and the Animated Series Batman costume. Nightwing hits on Nov 1(I've got the MS points set aside already), then the Batman skins pack beginning of December. '70s blue and grey, here I come! I'll be buying costumes and new challenge maps until Arkham3 comes out.

You're going to be really busy with Batman AC for sure with all that new material! :D

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Metamania

JBul, I got what you mean by the Grapnel Boost upgrade. Did the side missions for that and got the upgrade adn man, it makes traveling to places a lot easier than before. Awesome! :D

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jbul

I'm nearing the end of the "Story" missions, I'm about %90. I've probably played 30 hours or so, and I've only got %50 completion, so my time with the game is really just beginning. I'd also like to add, to anyone who DOESNT get full completion, that you're seriously missing out. All of the side missions I've completed (2 or 3) all end in incredible boss battles with a famous Villian. They're not some bottled collection quests like GTA, running around like a schizophrenic just to say you collected all the Clay Pigeons to unlock a lame achievement or trophy. They're actually a huge part of the game. So congrats on rushing through the game, you fail miserably.

I'd also like to add to my former praise -- I'm not even a Batman fan. Or a comic fan. I literally don't know any of these characters when I played this game, and I still consider it to be in the top 3 games of this generation, easily, So in short, even if you don't particularly care about Batman, this is still a astounding achievement in interactive entertainment.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

The funniest part of this game is when:

[spoiler] Batman stomps on mad hatter's hat! [/spoiler]

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 foxhound_fox
I'm not even a Batman fan. Or a comic fan. I literally don't know any of these characters when I played this game, and I still consider it to be in the top 3 games of this generation, easily, So in short, even if you don't particularly care about Batman, this is still a astounding achievement in interactive entertainment.Jbul
I share this sentiment, however, these two games (AA and AC) have me becoming very interested in the rest of the Batman, and even DC universe. So much so that I am almost ready to start watching the Batman animated series and an looking into getting comics.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#170 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

I'm nearing the end of the "Story" missions, I'm about %90. I've probably played 30 hours or so, and I've only got %50 completion, so my time with the game is really just beginning. I'd also like to add, to anyone who DOESNT get full completion, that you're seriously missing out. All of the side missions I've completed (2 or 3) all end in incredible boss battles with a famous Villian. They're not some bottled collection quests like GTA, running around like a schizophrenic just to say you collected all the Clay Pigeons to unlock a lame achievement or trophy. They're actually a huge part of the game. So congrats on rushing through the game, you fail miserably.

I'd also like to add to my former praise -- I'm not even a Batman fan. Or a comic fan. I literally don't know any of these characters when I played this game, and I still consider it to be in the top 3 games of this generation, easily, So in short, even if you don't particularly care about Batman, this is still a astounding achievement in interactive entertainment.

Jbul
The "boss" fights the side stories end with are over in seconds and not really fights. The side missions are just GTA missions in disguise with a smattering of Batman story thrown on top of them. The main story is the entire reason to play the game, and unfortunately its much shorter because of the open world structure it suffers as the developers pinned the extra hours on the busy work you can do. Some people love this stuff, I sort of do but only in short bursts as I have played all these side missions a dozen times so far in a dozen different games. Interest can wane after a time, when you get down to the meat of this thing its a short game-- one of the few flaws on an otherwise excellent package. Do you know why I don't apply this gripe to GTA IV or most other open world games is because it still took me like 40 hours to finish the main game outside of side missions in those. Indeed the rampant frothing mouth fanboyism in this thread and most other official ones makes it nearly impossible to have a level headed discussion regarding a games merits and flaws because people feel like if you take apart a game they like to analyze the pieces that make the whole that suddenly they themselves are being insulted and must jump to defend their honor and gratify their $60 purchase. There is so much ego and BS at work that to get into a good conversation about any new game you need a machete to cut through peoples bull**** the ability to approach a game based on its own merits and analyze the good and bad is a lot more valuable than this emotional shield people shroud themselves in. I wouldn't say someone "fails miserably" at GTA IV because they didn't go shoot all 100 pigeons or take roman to the strip club 400 times, same thing here.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Metamania

Aww yeah! I just got the Gladiator achievement! That should tell people how far I am currently. Man, this game is awesome!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

GodModeEnabled

The "boss" fights the side stories end with are over in seconds and not really fights. The side missions are just GTA missions in disguise with a smattering of Batman story thrown on top of them. The main story is the entire reason to play the game, and unfortunately its much shorter because of the open world structure it suffers as the developers pinned the extra hours on the busy work you can do. Some people love this stuff, I sort of do but only in short bursts as I have played all these side missions a dozen times so far in a dozen different games. Interest can wane after a time, when you get down to the meat of this thing its a short game-- one of the few flaws on an otherwise excellent package. Do you know why I don't apply this gripe to GTA IV or most other open world games is because it still took me like 40 hours to finish the main game outside of side missions in those. Indeed the rampant frothing mouth fanboyism in this thread and most other official ones makes it nearly impossible to have a level headed discussion regarding a games merits and flaws because people feel like if you take apart a game they like to analyze the pieces that make the whole that suddenly they themselves are being insulted and must jump to defend their honor and gratify their $60 purchase. There is so much ego and BS at work that to get into a good conversation about any new game you need a machete to cut through peoples bull**** the ability to approach a game based on its own merits and analyze the good and bad is a lot more valuable than this emotional shield people shroud themselves in. I wouldn't say someone "fails miserably" at GTA IV because they didn't go shoot all 100 pigeons or take roman to the strip club 400 times, same thing here.

How many of the side missions did you complete? I've only done a few to %100, but each one was developed with care, respect to the source material, and most importantly -- they were very entertaining.

[spoiler] Like finally tracking down Zsaz, and smashing his head through a plate glass window right before he was about to murder someone [/spoiler]

I definitely argue that the side missions are vastly superior to GTA's meaningless collection-fests. They're part of the world, and fit excellently into the main story. The act of investigating and tracking down criminals is essential to the Batman canon (which is really what the sidequests are). Furthermore, they give a glimpse into the psyche of the villians in the game, who aren't featured in the "main story" as you'd call it, but those quests made me feel more like Batman than even the main story did. I normally hate side missions, but like most of aspects of the game (like Riddler trophies) they were constructed excellently and with thought -- far above the standard for most adventure/open-world games. If they sucked, I wouldn't have played them.

And also, I don't really think there's fanboyism in this thread. At least not from me. Am I a Batman fanboy? No, I could give a damn about the character outside of the two games. An adventure game fanboy? A videogame fanboy? An PS3 Fanboy? I think the thread contains alot of people who are really stoked about a game, instead of dissecting every aspect of it under a microscope and obsessing over every tiny flaw, they're praising the game not only because it's excellent, but also because it's appropriate to aknowledge how much fun we're having. Are these forums just for nitpicking and b***ing about every little imperfection in a game? Are you not a man if you can't find something to complain about? I wasn't aware of those rules. That would be pretty sad, and we'd all come across like whiney b****s if that was the case. Not everyone has to focus, obsess and analyze every aspect of a game, just because you like to do so (figuratively speaking).

But I do respect your right to have a different opinion than me -- although really, we both love the game tons, I probably just liked it a little more (because I'm cooler and have better taste than you) :P ;)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Metamania

So...

[spoiler] I never knew who Solomon Grundy was...until now. This is the first new Batman villian I've ever heard off! His fight was a little tricky, but I finally understood how to beat him and it felt rewarding! [/spoiler]

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I think the thread contains alot of people who are really stoked about a game, instead of dissecting every aspect of it under a microscope and obsessing over every tiny flaw, they're praising the game not only because it's excellent, but also because it's appropriate to aknowledge how much fun we're having. Are these forums just for nitpicking and b***ing about every little imperfection in a game? Are you not a man if you can't find something to complain about? I wasn't aware of those rules. That would be pretty sad, and we'd all come across like whiney b****s if that was the case. Not everyone has to focus, obsess and analyze every aspect of a game, just because you like to do so (figuratively speaking)But I do respect your right to have a different opinion than me -- although really, we both love the game tons, I probably just liked it a little more (because I'm cooler and have better taste than you) :P ;)Jbul
Yeeeah you're probably right. Because I like to look at games a certain way doesn't mean everyone does. I'm probably too negative for my own good, even games I love I have to cut out the bad pieces and put them on display for everyone to see. Its frustrating for me sometimes when everyone loves a game so much and im like "well this part kinda sucks, and that part was ass but yeah its a great game!" then everyones like "dude you be a hater go tr0ll elsewhere hur hur" I just got pissy because you said I failed miserably :P PS.. checka this avatar out hes yelling "WHERES MAH DURACELL I NEED BATTRIES STAT." :lol: chocolate bar fueled solid snake (another game I LOVE btw)
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jbul

Beat the game today. Damn, what an ending. That's all I'll say. This game just captivated me from beginning to end like few others. I'm thinking of starting New Game Plus soon, but I still have about 300 Riddler Trophies to find and like 5 Side Quest series to solve. There's just so much damn content, it's baffling. Oh, and did I mention the challenge maps? My god.

Here is a testament to how much work went into the combat -- I've logged about 30 hours into the game's Story Mode, and probably another 4-5 into the Combat Challenges, and I'm still seeing new attacks, counters, and just badass moves from Batman that I've never seen before. STILL!

Let me give you an example. Try using the Disarm technique on a guy about the throw something at you -- just do it. Also try Disarm on the guys carrying shields.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. If you guys are looking for an Extra Skin for Batman, check this out --

For about $2, you can get the "Batman Beyond" skin, here's how. Go to the store and buy a NOS energy drink.Use the code under the tab on their website, and choose the Skin. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth $2, especially since the other skins won't be coming out until December.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]I think the thread contains alot of people who are really stoked about a game, instead of dissecting every aspect of it under a microscope and obsessing over every tiny flaw, they're praising the game not only because it's excellent, but also because it's appropriate to aknowledge how much fun we're having. Are these forums just for nitpicking and b***ing about every little imperfection in a game? Are you not a man if you can't find something to complain about? I wasn't aware of those rules. That would be pretty sad, and we'd all come across like whiney b****s if that was the case. Not everyone has to focus, obsess and analyze every aspect of a game, just because you like to do so (figuratively speaking)But I do respect your right to have a different opinion than me -- although really, we both love the game tons, I probably just liked it a little more (because I'm cooler and have better taste than you) :P ;)GodModeEnabled
Yeeeah you're probably right. Because I like to look at games a certain way doesn't mean everyone does. I'm probably too negative for my own good, even games I love I have to cut out the bad pieces and put them on display for everyone to see. Its frustrating for me sometimes when everyone loves a game so much and im like "well this part kinda sucks, and that part was ass but yeah its a great game!" then everyones like "dude you be a hater go tr0ll elsewhere hur hur" I just got pissy because you said I failed miserably :P PS.. checka this avatar out hes yelling "WHERES MAH DURACELL I NEED BATTRIES STAT." :lol: chocolate bar fueled solid snake (another game I LOVE btw)

:lol: So does that mean you won't be picking up the Metal Gear Solid HD collection? :P

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Jbul

I did a few boss fights today, one in particular was FANTASTIC, worthy of being a MGS boss fight. The game is such a thrill, there is never a moment of boredom. Even the side quests are totally awesome. The riddler trophies are by a mile the greatest collectable in an open world game of all time. They are a blast to find and figure out how to grab them. Batman's tool list is so improved, it truly feels like a Zelda inventory cause its so big and varied.dvader654

Which boss fight? I think I know the ones you're talking about, but put it in Spoiler tags and tell me, please! There's some incredibly good boss fights in this game.

GregoryUyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GregoryUyChan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Beat the game today. Damn, what an ending. That's all I'll say. This game just captivated me from beginning to end like few others. I'm thinking of starting New Game Plus soon, but I still have about 300 Riddler Trophies to find and like 5 Side Quest series to solve. There's just so much damn content, it's baffling. Oh, and did I mention the challenge maps? My god.

Here is a testament to how much work went into the combat -- I've logged about 30 hours into the game's Story Mode, and probably another 4-5 into the Combat Challenges, and I'm still seeing new attacks, counters, and just badass moves from Batman that I've never seen before. STILL!

Let me give you an example. Try using the Disarm technique on a guy about the throw something at you -- just do it. Also try Disarm on the guys carrying shields.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. If you guys are looking for an Extra Skin for Batman, check this out --

For about $2, you can get the "Batman Beyond" skin, here's how. Go to the store and buy a NOS energy drink.Use the code under the tab on their website, and choose the Skin. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth $2, especially since the other skins won't be coming out until December.

Jbul
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 El_Zo1212o
For about $2, you can get the "Batman Beyond" skin, here's how. Go to the store and buy a NOS energy drink.Use the code under the tab on their website, and choose the Skin. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth $2, especially since the other skins won't be coming out until December.Jbul
Dude! If this works, you'll be my ****ing hero! Is the can marked in any way? (I hate energy drinks, so I'd hate to buy one without the code by mistake)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 foxhound_fox
Dude! If this works, you'll be my ****ing hero! Is the can marked in any way? (I hate energy drinks, so I'd hate to buy one without the code by mistake)El_Zo1212o
Consumer products that come with contests or codes for things are generally specially marked.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 foxhound_fox
dvader654
I thought that fight was the best one in the game. Followed a close second by the one at the end.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#186 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I hope the PC version is as good as the console version seems to be.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Pikminmaniac

I hope the PC version is as good as the console version seems to be.

BranKetra

from what I've been hearing, it sounds like Rocksteady have been giving the PC version the royal treatment. People lucky enough to be able to run the game will probably have the best version of the game. I, unfortunately, do not have a gaming rig

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 El_Zo1212o
Has anyone noticed the difference in the (Joker's) game over screens from AA to AC? in the first game he celebrates your defeat with raspberries and pratfalls where in this one he seems almost disappointed. I thought it was more appropriate this way. (On the whole, though, am I the only one who thought Mark Hamill just kinda... idunno- phoned it in this time?)
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Grammaton-Cleric

Has anyone noticed the difference in the (Joker's) game over screens from AA to AC? in the first game he celebrates your defeat with raspberries and pratfalls where in this one he seems almost disappointed. I thought it was more appropriate this way. (On the whole, though, am I the only one who thought Mark Hamill just kinda... idunno- phoned it in this time?)El_Zo1212o

From what I understand, doing the Joker voice really tears his throat up. Supposedly this is his last time voicing the character.

Also (MAJOR SPOILER)

Bear in mind the Joker is essentially dying in this one. If Batman dies he dies and while the Joker may be insane he still has a sense of self-preservation.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Pikminmaniac

Hey, was anybody else taken aback by the way they pronounced Ra's Al Ghul's name? I always figured it was prounounced "Roz al Gool" not "raesh al gool". It was "Roz al gool" in the movie, but I can't remember how it was pronounced in the Animated series...

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 El_Zo1212o

Hey, was anybody else taken aback by the way they pronounced Ra's Al Ghul's name? I always figured it was prounounced "Roz al Gool" not "raesh al gool". It was "Roz al gool" in the movie, but I can't remember how it was pronounced in the Animated series...

Pikminmaniac
He always used to say "Raesh" in the Animated Series. I always throught the way Christian Bale said it sounded funny, but the way it's spelt it really ought to be pronounced "Race" or "Rayz".
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]For about $2, you can get the "Batman Beyond" skin, here's how. Go to the store and buy a NOS energy drink.Use the code under the tab on their website, and choose the Skin. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth $2, especially since the other skins won't be coming out until December.El_Zo1212o
Dude! If this works, you'll be my ****ing hero! Is the can marked in any way? (I hate energy drinks, so I'd hate to buy one without the code by mistake)

Yeah, I believe all NOS Energy drinks have rewards points right now, but just to be sure, around the top it hasa banner that says "NOS Rewards Series". I had to go to 3 different places near my house to find an NOS Energy drink (yes, I love the game that much), they're not as popular or readily available as say Monster, or Rockstar Energy drinks. So maybe go to a grocery store, or somewhere with a larger selection.

Also, I just found out that this offer is valid to customers in the United States only. Nonetheless, it's a badass skin and easily worth $2.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Jbul

[QUOTE="Jbul"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I did a few boss fights today, one in particular was FANTASTIC, worthy of being a MGS boss fight. The game is such a thrill, there is never a moment of boredom. Even the side quests are totally awesome. The riddler trophies are by a mile the greatest collectable in an open world game of all time. They are a blast to find and figure out how to grab them. Batman's tool list is so improved, it truly feels like a Zelda inventory cause its so big and varied.dvader654

Which boss fight? I think I know the ones you're talking about, but put it in Spoiler tags and tell me, please! There's some incredibly good boss fights in this game.

SPOILER!

Yeah, that was an amazing boss fight. Like Foxfound said, the one at the end is awesome as well. I also like the one you mentioned, previously in that reply:P Hell, they're all good.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I was thinking the same thin about that boss fight, Vader! It's so reminescant of a MGS boss. All of the bosses here bring a great variety to their battles.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Jbul"]For about $2, you can get the "Batman Beyond" skin, here's how. Go to the store and buy a NOS energy drink.Use the code under the tab on their website, and choose the Skin. It's pretty awesome, definitely worth $2, especially since the other skins won't be coming out until December.Jbul

Yeah, I believe all NOS Energy drinks have rewards points right now, but just to be sure, around the top it hasa banner that says "NOS Rewards Series". I had to go to 3 different places near my house to find an NOS Energy drink (yes, I love the game that much), they're not as popular or readily available as say Monster, or Rockstar Energy drinks. So maybe go to a grocery store, or somewhere with a larger selection.

Also, I just found out that this offer is valid to customers in the United States only. Nonetheless, it's a badass skin and easily worth $2.

Man, you have just given me the gift of AWESOME. It is a debt I may never be able to repay.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 foxhound_fox
From what I understand, doing the Joker voice really tears his throat up. Supposedly this is his last time voicing the character.Grammaton-Cleric
I am not surprised in the slightest. Near the end in the theater, it sounded like Hammil drank a cup of battery acid and smoked a pack of cigarettes before doing that scene.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I just want to make sure, but you can go back and finish sidequests near the end or after the game, right? The main story has really picked up, but I want to make sure there's no "point of no return" part of the game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 foxhound_fox
I just want to make sure, but you can go back and finish sidequests near the end or after the game, right? The main story has really picked up, but I want to make sure there's no "point of no return" part of the game_Dez_
Yes, you are able to not only go back and finish, but open a "new game plus" mode (in the main menu) that increases the difficulty, changes the enemy placement and carries over your level/gadget progress. I'm about 55% complete and don't want to go NG+ until I'm completely done. It also says it carries over Riddler progress, but I've heard conflicting accounts and don't know personally.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 foxhound_fox
On a semi-unrelated note, I watched Batman: Year One today. The tone was fantastic, and the maturity was right where it should be (high, but not gratuitous). My only complaint is that it was exceedingly short (64 minutes). They could have done so much more, but I assume sequels are on their way.