Banned from WoW For no reason, can some one help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bob4694

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bob4694
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well im kind of mad this happend and i have no idea how in the world it did. I was a level 31 undead rogue just questing, and one day i log out (Did nothing bad at all) and came back on 1 day later and it said i was banned for: exploitation of the wow economy or for being associated to accounts which have been closed for intended exploitation." Okay so i have never did anything bad in this game, i dont have and hacks, macs, or any of that sort. So what does this mean? I just went out and bought 1 pass, the game, and expan, and i get banned for no reason at all? IDK what this means and what ever happend I dont even know how to hack or what ever it is with the "economy" My friend sent me 100g? Can some one please help, and yes i did mail into them.

-Bob4694

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
Blizzard really cracks down on people. Where you playing on more then 1 computer with the same account?
Bob4694

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bob4694
no i was not it makes no sense, btw i dont believe in game add ons/mods, its cheap and not worth the risk, just putting it out there that im not one to do that at all. All i did past week is get on for like 2 hours a day, all i did was quests logged off for one day, got on next and it said "your account was deleted/perm ban 2 hours ago, go to this web for info" and i wasnt even on :'(
morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
Perhaps your friend who gave you 100g used hacks or something? You can be banned for being associated with that.
Bob4694

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bob4694
he does not use hacks, he is my best friend in RL, he would never do such things.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts

That is the likely scenario. HOWEVER, another scenario could be that Blizzard is assuming you purchased gold from a friend. But still, a 100g gift from a friend is no excuse for banning. Simplest way is giving them a call and speaking to a customer rep. lots of stuff can be solved that way, especially if you can work your way up to the supervisors or the north american tech support.

No idea what to tell you. My only guess is maybe he bought some gold and sent you 100 of it which they ended up tracking it down to your account.Vuurk

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Blizzard is jealous because they wanted those 100g.

Seriously, email them and explain your reasons. In case of a mistake on their part, ask for a refund.

ty20447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ty20447
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I hate their customer support on the phone.... It is the quickest way to get an answer but it is just annoying talking to them. That was part of the reason i quit the game
al-128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 al-128
Member since 2005 • 304 Posts
Either your friend's gold was bought, someone hacked your account and did something with your gold, or it's Blizzard's mistake. Good luck in getting it sorted :)
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Even if your friend had a hack installed and sent you gold regardless of how much they wouldnt ban your account. This is why gold farmers have legit characters which are the money mules. They farm and mail it to the mule until they get banned then they make another toon.

It sounds to me like you got pinged by the warden and it saw something running in the background that it confused as a hack or something similar.

Either that or you arent telling the whole story.

Bob4694

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bob4694
Well i had nothing running with it, but 1 week earlyer i did get hit with over 1000 virus's, and i had to take it in to geek squad to get it fixed.