Back to the original resident evil ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Neva-4-Get

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Neva-4-Get
Member since 2009 • 101 Posts

dose anyone else think the resident evil games should go back to the way they was, i mean like with actual... well you know zombies! I enjoyed resident evil 4 and 5 BUT they didnt feel like resident evil games, resident evil used to be about zombies and now its about weird human monster things. Why dont they bring back the Tvirus? If they decide to make a new resi game i would love for them to go back to the Tvirus and it to be set in a city and for them to actualy make it a survival horror where you have to find a house or a shop to hold up in and barracade the doors and windows, scavenge for food and stuff like that so you get the feelin theres an actual zombie outbreak and your trying to surive.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I'm perfectly happy with the way things are now. By RE0 the series was stagnating and in real danger, I would say, of sinking into the tar pit of videogame obsolescence. In my opinion RE4 was the best thing that could have happened to the franchise.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I wrote the series off once it decided to be a random third person action game and get rid of any horror element.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

I really love the change Resident Evil took in RE4 myself, by then it was a necessary evolution. I wouldn't mind a return to actual zombies though. Apparently they want to "reboot" the series for the next game so we may see a return to the T-virus and such.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I really love the change Resident Evil took in RE4 myself, by then it was a necessary evolution. I wouldn't mind a return to actual zombies though. Apparently they want to "reboot" the series for the next game so we may see a return to the T-virus and such.

Archangel3371

That sounds interesting. Here's hoping Mr Wesker pops up again. I realise that the events of RE 5 seemed...conclusive, but the man's a hurricane.

BMAC520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 BMAC520
Member since 2004 • 310 Posts

For me, Ive been dying to see RE go back to its orignal roots (RE 1,2,3,CV) I was a big fan of RE4 but didnt really get into RE5, hated the co-op thing the most. But anyway, RE has become another 3rd person shooter to me and I hope that they would go back to their orignal gameplay and style (controls and camera also)

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I hated RE1 and it turned me off to the series for well over a decade. I hope they keep pushing forward with stuff like RE4 and RE5.
Srbanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Srbanator
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
I don't think changing the camera angle back would be the right thing to do. Rather, they should re-introduce the survival horror element that was lost in RE5. RE4 still had it. Maybe not to the degree of REmake, but it still had it. As the above poster said, RE really started becoming stagnant after RE0. It came to the point of "Here's another Resident Evil game *sigh*." Nobody wants that. They just need to find a balance of action and suspense. It used to be that you could be terrified of that one zombie down that hallway that you know you couldn't run past. Now we're running around taking on entire villages of baddies; which is intense in its own right but leaves us feeling way more powerful than a Resident Evil game should let us feel. It's that sense of vulnerability and hopelessness that made the original games so terrifying. If Capcom could balance that with the action of RE5, as they nearly did in RE4, we would have the next step in the Resident Evil saga.
nachi_lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nachi_lobo
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts

for me, the current style of Resident Evil is good, if I want to bullying and scares me, i play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame

Srbanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Srbanator
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
I just remembered: RE3. That's a perfect example of a balance of action and horror. It was much faster than its predecessors, but could instill a soul-crushing fear as easy as 1 and 2 could.
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
I liked RE5 but not as much as the original ones, but if they decide to go back to the T-Virus they should give us a convenient explanation story-wise.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

dose anyone else think the resident evil games should go back to the way they was, i mean like with actual... well you know zombies! I enjoyed resident evil 4 and 5 BUT they didnt feel like resident evil games, resident evil used to be about zombies and now its about weird human monster things.

Neva-4-Get

Except that RE was ALWAYS about weird human monster things, the zombies were just there, they were never really any threat.

You were never scared of joe bob zombie, you were scared of william, tyrant, lickers, and most of all hunters.

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
if they didn't change it the series would have gone under and the only people that would still be playing the games would be the RE fanboys that are now boycotting the change.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#14 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

No. The Resident Evil series never was only about zombies. It always was about the virus and had a large amount of enemies besides zombies. Also the main characters were also supposed to be a highly trained military, police, unit not some group of random idiots that can't fight off a few zombies. The third person action is excellent and four was one of the best games made. It would be nice if they brought back a horror element though, the new DLC for RE5 shows that they can definitely do a game with more scares and atmosphere.

resident evil used to be about zombies and now its about weird human monster things

That's odd I seem to remember zombies, dogs, crows, plant monsters, huge bazooka wielding monsters programmed to kill you, Wesker, giant spiders, sharks, hunters, wasps, chimeras, and leeches. The series was never exclusively about zombies.

I don't think changing the camera angle back would be the right thing to do. Rather, they should re-introduce the survival horror element that was lost in RE5. RE4 still had it. Maybe not to the degree of REmake, but it still had it.

Correct

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

I don't think changing the camera angle back would be the right thing to do. Rather, they should re-introduce the survival horror element that was lost in RE5. RE4 still had it. Maybe not to the degree of REmake, but it still had it. As the above poster said, RE really started becoming stagnant after RE0. It came to the point of "Here's another Resident Evil game *sigh*." Nobody wants that. They just need to find a balance of action and suspense. It used to be that you could be terrified of that one zombie down that hallway that you know you couldn't run past. Now we're running around taking on entire villages of baddies; which is intense in its own right but leaves us feeling way more powerful than a Resident Evil game should let us feel. It's that sense of vulnerability and hopelessness that made the original games so terrifying. If Capcom could balance that with the action of RE5, as they nearly did in RE4, we would have the next step in the Resident Evil saga. Srbanator

I agree completely, a good balance between both would be the best way to go IMO, because i don't think people would embrace the next game if it were exactly like 5 or exactly like the original now, it needs to be different but still keep that survival horror aspect.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I played "Lost in Nightmares" last night, and damn, was it awesome - better than anything in the main game of RE5. Really makes me long for the days when RE games actually had atmosphere.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Yeah, I kind of do, even if things are a bit zombie-saturated these days. Honestly, I'm fairly indifferent. So long as they don't bring back those godawful human-tank controls, I'm fine.
RE1mansion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RE1mansion
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Personally, i would have to agree with you on the zombies. They want to make zombies run now, personally in my opinion i think that's lame, zombies don't run nor are zombies that run scary at all. i don't know, i just like the resident 1-3 era, haven't played 3 yet , just downloaded it onto my playstation 3. So far i think resident evil 2 is the best, and then resident evil 1, haven't played 3 yet , i will find out if it is good. But i like to be startled out of no where and have to try to run away to get enough space to shoot them dead, i like the scary, don't know what's going to happen next feeling. Residen't evil is getting lamer and lamer in my opinion. Another thing i liked about the early resident evils is the big palatial mansions that you are stuck in , they should make a huge beautiful piece of artwork of a mansion and with zombies hiding around, those were the friggin' days man, i hope sincerely that they start going back to those days man ! Make my life joyful in this economic slump of economy, have something to look forwards too. Please God bring back those days of resident evil. :D

Just some sort of mansion, or similar to the idea because resident evil 2's mansion was a police department building and was great!