Attack On Titan PS4 Gameplay Footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2015/09/19/8-minutes-gameplay-ps4-attack-titan-game/

As they mention in the article, AOT hasn't had a lot of good translations. I haven't seen the live action movie but from what I've heard every other game version of this has turned out awful. This video gives me hope for this game, although it's probably way too early to hear anything about a US release.

The 3-Dimentional Gear looks awesome. It evokes memories of playing some of the better Spiderman games and web-slinging around the city.

What does everyone think? Is there chance for a decent anime-to-PS4 game here?

-Byshop

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#1 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Looks pretty fucked up. I will never understand most of the shit that comes out of Japan. Disregarding the IP, the game itself looks terrible.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Byshop  Moderator

@BassMan said:

Looks pretty fucked up. I will never understand most of the shit that comes out of Japan. Disregarding the IP, the game itself looks terrible.

Anime-based games tend to not necessarily be of AAA quality in general, but this one looks faithful to the best elements of the IP. If you're not familiar with it, however, there's probably zero appeal.

-Byshop

niktitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By niktitan
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

this is not going to make a cut for a great anime game.(still waiting for N-UNS-4)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It looks like it can be enjoyable for fans of the anime/manga. Just from that footage it doesn't look like it'll get a great score though. Then again that's not really the objective of games like these is it? If SnK fans praise it then that's good enough I guess.

Yury25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yury25
Member since 2015 • 107 Posts

what about for pc? nothing?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@yury25 said:

Koei Tecmo said they would consider a pc/ xbox one version for the west if they see demand etc. too lazy too try to find a link.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Byshop  Moderator

@locus-solus said:
@yury25 said:

Koei Tecmo said they would consider a pc/ xbox one version for the west if they see demand etc. too lazy too try to find a link.

That would be awesome but I'm not going to hold my breath.

@ianhh6 said:

It looks like it can be enjoyable for fans of the anime/manga. Just from that footage it doesn't look like it'll get a great score though. Then again that's not really the objective of games like these is it? If SnK fans praise it then that's good enough I guess.

These anime tie-in games are rarely 9s and 10s except for a few of the fighting games like the better Naruto or Dragonball titles. Still, if this is better than the FotNS games I'll be happy.

-Byshop

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am probably not going to get this.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Byshop  Moderator

@BranKetra said:

I am probably not going to get this.

Don't come crying to me when you get eaten.

-Byshop

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

Looks repetitive as hell.

E_Luker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 E_Luker
Member since 2015 • 46 Posts

I am kind of skeptical about the game I don't know if going to be a good game or a bad game.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Besides the Naruto and Dragon Ball fighting (Haven't played them and both anime series are just awful, going on what people and reviews say) games, there doesn't seem to be any good anime-based games since the Robotech games on the PS2.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Byshop  Moderator

@e_luker said:

I am kind of skeptical about the game I don't know if going to be a good game or a bad game.

Isn't that literally every game until you play it?

@kaealy said:

Besides the Naruto and Dragon Ball fighting (Haven't played them and both anime series are just awful, going on what people and reviews say) games, there doesn't seem to be any good anime-based games since the Robotech games on the PS2.

Dragon Ball as a series is... well.... it has its fan base but I wouldn't count myself among them. Frankly, while some people love DBZ, I think the main reason they liked it so much was because there wasn't anything else like it at the time rather than because it was particularly good (kind of like the first Vampire Hunter D. Everyone loved it because it was a "gothic anime" but the film itself was actually pretty shitty).

Naruto is like DBZ if DBZ were actually good. The main storyline in Naruto is -extremely- compelling and the fights are awesome as opposed to DBZ where they are boring to watch and drag on forever. The only problem with Naruto is that they anime keeps catching up with the manga so they have to take breaks from the main storyline to do "filler" episodes that don't really advance the plot. There are a -ton- of Naruto episodes and these filler ep stretches can go on for 30-40 eps at a time.

But fair warning: The dub is awful. Watch it subbed or not at all.

-Byshop

E_Luker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 E_Luker
Member since 2015 • 46 Posts

@Byshop said:
@e_luker said:

Isn't that literally every game until you play it?

@kaealy said:

Dragon Ball as a series is... well.... it has its fan base but I wouldn't count myself among them. Frankly, while some people love DBZ, I think the main reason they liked it so much was because there wasn't anything else like it at the time rather than because it was particularly good (kind of like the first Vampire Hunter D. Everyone loved it because it was a "gothic anime" but the film itself was actually pretty shitty).

Naruto is like DBZ if DBZ were actually good. The main storyline in Naruto is -extremely- compelling and the fights are awesome as opposed to DBZ where they are boring to watch and drag on forever. The only problem with Naruto is that they anime keeps catching up with the manga so they have to take breaks from the main storyline to do "filler" episodes that don't really advance the plot. There are a -ton- of Naruto episodes and these filler ep stretches can go on for 30-40 eps at a time.

But fair warning: The dub is awful. Watch it subbed or not at all.

-Byshop

True but until its release will see what happens.