At what age did you start playing games???

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#51 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@LexLas said:

I think i was like 10. It was the 80's, and arcades were the thing. Arcade palaces in San Francisco were at Pier 39. I used to ride my BMX to go play some of the coolest games. Then there were the corner stores, and movies, which had lots of arcades too. Pacman, Qbert, Pole Position, Joust, Tron ! It was the best gaming era. No more quarters now, its all about gaming at home.

I can remember similar memories myself.Going down to the local arcade and spending my allowance on some cheap boxing game,witch was alot of fun and spending hours playing Kung-Fu. Those were great times,simple times for a young kid.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@Tokeism said:

I think I was 7 or 8 am now 24

this.

All I know is that I would kick the shit out of my brother so I could get that controller and play Mario.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I think I was 5 and it was Super Mario. I'm 29 now.

olimcnoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#54 olimcnoly
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

It was looong ago, when i was 6 on my first PC (286). Now 31 :)

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@LexLas said:

I think i was like 10. It was the 80's, and arcades were the thing. Arcade palaces in San Francisco were at Pier 39. I used to ride my BMX to go play some of the coolest games. Then there were the corner stores, and movies, which had lots of arcades too. Pacman, Qbert, Pole Position, Joust, Tron ! It was the best gaming era. No more quarters now, its all about gaming at home.

I can remember similar memories myself.Going down to the local arcade and spending my allowance on some cheap boxing game,witch was alot of fun and spending hours playing Kung-Fu. Those were great times,simple times for a young kid.

Kung-Fu ! I had forgotten about that one. Yes, those were the golden memories of my childhood. ONe of the main reason i liked the Tron movie so much. I luved the part of the arcades of the beginning, the awesome sound of the machines. By the way brimmul777, we are the same age

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Tigarian said:

About 4 years old on my dad's Atari. Joust was my favorite along with Combat and Chopper Command. I thought Star Raiders was really cool but I just couldn't wrap my head around around the advanced touch pad controls mostly because I couldn't read I suppose. I was a real pleb back then.

Joust, a great classic. I luved it more with a joystick at the arcades, but yes Atari rocked back then.