Assassin's Creed III $120 LE Packs A Statue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Link

Gamers looking to bring Assassin's Creed IIIhero Connor into their homes in a new way this fall can pick up the $120 Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition, due out on October 30 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America. This premium offering packs in a number of items, the first of which is a 9.44" Connor statue, which depicts the killer with a tomahawk and hidden blade.

Connor goes to war this October

Connor goes to war this October

Also included in the Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition for consoles is an embroidered 28"x"48" Assassin's Creed-inspired colonial flag. Additionally, the premium bundle includes a metal belt buckle.

Ubisoft has not forgotten PC gamers, as the firm announced today the Assassin's Creed III Digital Deluxe Edition for Windows machines. It will include three single-player missions, which take players to Cozumel Island in search of lost treasure. Additionally, the premium pack includes a mock George Washington notebook, which includes details on his journey during the American Revolution.

In addition, the Assassin's Creed III Digital Deluxe version bundles the Captain of the Aquila's uniform and traditional Colonial Assassin in-game outfits, as well as in-game items like a boarding axe and Scottish flintlock for use in the game's single-player campaign.

Lastly, the premium PC offering packs in the Sharpshooter and Redcoat characters for use in Assassin's Creed III's multiplayer component and a collection of audio tracks from past Assassin's Creed games. No images of the limited edition or digital deluxe version were released.

Ubisoft made no mention regarding whether the missions and items in the digital deluxe version of Assassin's Creed III will be made available to those who do not purchase the top-tier Windows bundle or the premium console game. As of press time, Ubisoft had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment.

Gamespot

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
kool
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#3 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

That's actually pretty damn cool. It'll look great in my room

157165_detail_large.jpg

viper_69_rt10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 viper_69_rt10
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts

thats pretty awesome

jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

Why people want to spend extra $ for statues ?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I am thinking about getting the collectors edition for this game. It is cool.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Metamania

I am thinking about getting the collectors edition for this game. It is cool.BranKetra

Same. I wouldn't mind having a statue like that at all! It just looks so badass!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?

seanmcloughlin

The statue is just like the cover. He could be getting ready to axe it for all we know.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#10 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?seanmcloughlin

Because America.

Didn't some Ubisoft rep say the game wasn't going to be all "woo, America!" or am I just imaging that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?c_rake

Because America.

Didn't some Ubisoft rep say the game wasn't going to be all "woo, America!" or am I just imaging that?

That's why I asked, because they said that. They said Connor is neutral and doesn't have a side. But everything so far is all about "hell yeah America". It would be fine and I wouldn't care but it's because they said it's NOT like that that annoys me.

Even in the E3 presentation the British guy was drinking tea, such a blatant and bad stereotype. As if to say "Look he's drinking Tea in case you thought he was American" :roll:

If the final game is all American Patriotism I will be very annoyed and a lot of gamers will complain

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?c_rake

Because America.

LOL.

I'd assume the flag represents the war that it takes place during. I mean, it was called the "American Revolution" after all. Just out of curiosity, did any of you get all butt hurt when the text of the constitution plays at the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2? I don't think showing the flag in the background symbolizes any kind of favoritism; just the conflict that it takes place during. I think you guys are being waaay too sensitive.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shame-usBlackley

That's why I asked, because they said that. They said Connor is neutral and doesn't have a side. But everything so far is all about "hell yeah America". It would be fine and I wouldn't care but it's because they said it's NOT like that that annoys me.

Even in the E3 presentation the British guy was drinking tea, such a blatant and bad stereotype. As if to say "Look he's drinking Tea in case you thought he was American" :roll:

If the final game is all American Patriotism I will be very annoyed and a lot of gamers will complain

seanmcloughlin

Oh please, given the era -- I'll let you in on a little secret: the English drank tea. We spilled it into a harbor for God's sake. What would you prefer they drink -- Pepsi?

However, you might want to bust out a history book -- tea was also the favored drink of the colonists, seeing as they were English ex-patriots. Seeing any of the characters (American or Brit) drink tea wouldn't be any kind of stereotype ffs, it would be a historical fact.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 c_rakestraw  Moderator

I'd assume the flag represents the war that it takes place during. I mean, it was called the "American Revolution" after all. Just out of curiosity, did any of you get all butt hurt when the text of the constitution plays at the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2? I don't think showing the flag in the background symbolizes any kind of favoritism; just the conflict that it takes place during. I think you guys are being waaay too sensitive.Shame-usBlackley

Never played Metal Gear (I assume I'm not missing much), so...

I honestly don't mind. I get that they're trying to promote the era in which the game is set. I just find it odd that they keep playing up the neutrality of the character before showing him fighting in the war. It's like they're trying to satisfy everyone but can't.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Lol, what a waste of money. The game itself is the only thing I'm interested in depending on player reviews and youtube vids.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shame-usBlackley

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]I'd assume the flag represents the war that it takes place during. I mean, it was called the "American Revolution" after all. Just out of curiosity, did any of you get all butt hurt when the text of the constitution plays at the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2? I don't think showing the flag in the background symbolizes any kind of favoritism; just the conflict that it takes place during. I think you guys are being waaay too sensitive.c_rake

I honestly don't mind. I get that they're trying to promote the era in which the game is set. I just find it odd that they keep playing up the neutrality of the character before showing him fighting in the war. It's like they're trying to satisfy everyone but can't.

Metal Gear's great until you get to part 4 and Kojima wipes his ass with the entire series. You should check it out sometime.... just stop at Snake Eater and you might think it's the best series ever.

And yeah, I agree about not being able to please everyone, but people need to be reasonable and remember that there are certain historical confines that can't be changed. The Brits lose the war, that's just how it is. What I was getting at though is that the flag isn't necessarily a sign of patriotism -- a LOT of bad shlt was done under that flag in a very short time. Native Americans suffered all kind of indignities that have never been fully righted. To those with a firm grasp of history, seeing that flag in the background symbolizes patriotism, perseverence, and a single-minded sense of freedom, yes, but it also symbolizes greed, ignorance, lack of respect and equality, and an immeasurable expansion of power. Freedom was not for everyone as far as the colonists were concerned -- especially Native Americans, and Connor is part Native American. It is almost impossible to believe that he will not be affected by Manifest Destiny in some way.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 c_rakestraw  Moderator

And yeah, I agree about not being able to please everyone, but people need to be reasonable and remember that there are certain historical confines that can't be changed. The Brits lose the war, that's just how it is. What I was getting at though is that the flag isn't necessarily a sign of patriotism -- a LOT of bad shlt was done under that flag in a very short time. Native Americans suffered all kind of indignities that have never been fully righted. To those with a firm grasp of history, seeing that flag in the background symbolizes patriotism, perseverence, and a single-minded sense of freedom, yes, but it also symbolizes greed, ignorance, lack of respect and equality, and an immeasurable expansion of power. Freedom was not for everyone as far as the colonists were concerned -- especially Native Americans, and Connor is part Native American. It is almost impossible to believe that he will not be affected by Manifest Destiny in some way.Shame-usBlackley

That's another thing -- the protagonist is Native American, yet there he is fighting alongside those who wronged his people. I mean, sure they explaines some of that away by placing the British as the ones who, what was it -- killed his family, ravaged his village? Sets the scene for a good revenge tale, certainly, but the Americans aren't exactly innocent either. It's like there are inconsistences left and right, historically. I can't imagine they'd just brush that all under the rug and act like it didn't happen (Assassin's Creed has been praised for historical accuracy in the past, yeah?), but everything shown so far just... I don't know. It's a weird situation.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]I'd assume the flag represents the war that it takes place during. I mean, it was called the "American Revolution" after all. Just out of curiosity, did any of you get all butt hurt when the text of the constitution plays at the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2? I don't think showing the flag in the background symbolizes any kind of favoritism; just the conflict that it takes place during. I think you guys are being waaay too sensitive.c_rake

You should, MGS Remake (GC) MGS3 & 4 are some of the best games ever made.

On topic, looks tempting. I might pick it up since so many games were delayed until next year.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Good for scaring women away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Why does the statue have an American flag if Connor is Neutral? Also why is the new trailer all about American Patriotism too?Shame-usBlackley

Because America.

LOL.

I'd assume the flag represents the war that it takes place during. I mean, it was called the "American Revolution" after all. Just out of curiosity, did any of you get all butt hurt when the text of the constitution plays at the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 2? I don't think showing the flag in the background symbolizes any kind of favoritism; just the conflict that it takes place during. I think you guys are being waaay too sensitive.

Like I said, it's fine the way it is if outside the game they didn't keep saying "Connor has no side and fights for whoever he wants" yet they only shows us the American half. And as for the tea, it's fine to drink but why is he drinking it when battles going on? and you very loudly take out a bunch of dudes right outside the gate. When I saw the footage it popped out so much as being out of place for what was happening.

Also Irish people drink alcohol a lot too but when they're in a game it doesn't have to show them with a pint of guinness in their hands just because it's their favoured drink and "guess what Irish people drink beer"

But anyway I am much more annoyed about them not showing the two sides of things yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]And yeah, I agree about not being able to please everyone, but people need to be reasonable and remember that there are certain historical confines that can't be changed. The Brits lose the war, that's just how it is. What I was getting at though is that the flag isn't necessarily a sign of patriotism -- a LOT of bad shlt was done under that flag in a very short time. Native Americans suffered all kind of indignities that have never been fully righted. To those with a firm grasp of history, seeing that flag in the background symbolizes patriotism, perseverence, and a single-minded sense of freedom, yes, but it also symbolizes greed, ignorance, lack of respect and equality, and an immeasurable expansion of power. Freedom was not for everyone as far as the colonists were concerned -- especially Native Americans, and Connor is part Native American. It is almost impossible to believe that he will not be affected by Manifest Destiny in some way.c_rake

That's another thing -- the protagonist is Native American, yet there he is fighting alongside those who wronged his people. I mean, sure they explaines some of that away by placing the British as the ones who, what was it -- killed his family, ravaged his village? Sets the scene for a good revenge tale, certainly, but the Americans aren't exactly innocent either. It's like there are inconsistences left and right, historically. I can't imagine they'd just brush that all under the rug and act like it didn't happen (Assassin's Creed has been praised for historical accuracy in the past, yeah?), but everything shown so far just... I don't know. It's a weird situation.

They just want an iconic era and then do whatever they want in the middle of it as long as some parts stay true.But yeah he's half native american and half British yet here he is just killing British soldiers :? Does he have no loyalty to his heritages at all?

GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts
I'll just put my money towards the game. The statue does looks nice though.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#23 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]I am thinking about getting the collectors edition for this game. It is cool.Metamania

Same. I wouldn't mind having a statue like that at all! It just looks so badass!

It does look cool.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Good for scaring women away.chilly-chill

LMMAO! The few collectors editions I've bought I've completely regretted (except games that come as Collectors Edition for free, like Dark Souls), but they all seemed like a good idea at the time. That being said, some of this stuff in this edition looks cool, but it's just not for me :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]And yeah, I agree about not being able to please everyone, but people need to be reasonable and remember that there are certain historical confines that can't be changed. The Brits lose the war, that's just how it is. What I was getting at though is that the flag isn't necessarily a sign of patriotism -- a LOT of bad shlt was done under that flag in a very short time. Native Americans suffered all kind of indignities that have never been fully righted. To those with a firm grasp of history, seeing that flag in the background symbolizes patriotism, perseverence, and a single-minded sense of freedom, yes, but it also symbolizes greed, ignorance, lack of respect and equality, and an immeasurable expansion of power. Freedom was not for everyone as far as the colonists were concerned -- especially Native Americans, and Connor is part Native American. It is almost impossible to believe that he will not be affected by Manifest Destiny in some way.seanmcloughlin

They just want an iconic era and then do whatever they want in the middle of it as long as some parts stay true.But yeah he's half native american and half British yet here he is just killing British soldiers :? Does he have no loyalty to his heritages at all?

He has loyalty.....

To justice

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Metamania

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

OB-47

He has loyalty.....

To justice

Correct.

If he sees any injustice, he will intervene. It doesn't matter who is carrying out the injustice. He remains neutral in the fight, so far, but that could change once I play through his campaign in October.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shame-usBlackley

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

Because America.

seanmcloughlin

LOL.

Like I said, it's fine the way it is if outside the game they didn't keep saying "Connor has no side and fights for whoever he wants" yet they only shows us the American half. And as for the tea, it's fine to drink but why is he drinking it when battles going on? and you very loudly take out a bunch of dudes right outside the gate. When I saw the footage it popped out so much as being out of place for what was happening.

Also Irish people drink alcohol a lot too but when they're in a game it doesn't have to show them with a pint of guinness in their hands just because it's their favoured drink and "guess what Irish people drink beer"

But anyway I am much more annoyed about them not showing the two sides of things yet

Fair enough, but I can almost guarantee you that whoever is in charge of historical accuracy at Ubisoft isn't sitting there saying, "Let's have all the Brits drinking tea so Connor can spot them." If a guy is drinking tea during a fight, that's less of a stereotype and more of a bad bit of writing. I just really doubt that the Brits go through the entire game going, "Give us some tea, loov. Roit, roit! Cheery-o!" I fully expect it will be a small detail used by Ubi to faithfully recreate that era -- nothing more, nothing less.

I just played the Ninja Gaiden 3 demo and at the very beginning when Ryu is informed of his assignment, his boss is drinking tea -- Asian people drink tea too, amirite? WHAT A STEREOTYPE.

Or maybe it's likely that tea is just fvcking delicious and is enjoyed by a wide swath of cultures through a number of eras, past to present, and its presence in AC3 doesn't mean anything at all beyond that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-61cc564148ef4

I honestly do not see the big fuss on why the Brits are getting killed. Maybe it's explained and justified in the game? And even then, how many times have we killed British people? Not many. The Middle East has been subject to stereotypical terrorists and poverty stricken countries with backwards technology for years in gaming. Why is it so bad that for once the Brits are getting killed?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Metamania

I honestly do not see the big fuss on why the Brits are getting killed. Maybe it's explained and justified in the game? And even then, how many times have we killed British people? Not many. The Middle East has been subject to stereotypical terrorists and poverty stricken countries with backwards technology for years in gaming. Why is it so bad that for once the Brits are getting killed?

OB-47

People seem to forget that the British aren't the only enemy in Assassin's Creed III. The Templars will be disgusing themselves in the American army, which I think is the main enemy overall in every AC game, so it looks like Connor will be hunting them down and killing them one by one.