Ask GameSpot for Dishonored

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1 Maxwell
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

Hey guys, we're planning a new Ask GameSpot video all about the upcoming supernatural, first-person action game Dishonored from Arkane Studios. If you have any questions, concerns, or unsorted random thoughts on the game then feel free to voice them here, on the GameSpot Facebook page, or on Twitter using #AskGameSpot. We'll pick a handful and address them on the show.

And if you submit a question early enough that I don't know the answer to, I might be able to reach the developers and figure it out. Thanks!

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#2 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I guess I'll voice the first question on here.

Exactly how much freedom and creativity is the player given for the missions? Are they free to tackle the objectives in anyway they see fit or are they given limited options?

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#3 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

Do the artists include those that had worked on Brink?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
Is there a character progression system or does the player get all their tools early on? If so, is it based around gear, statistics, or abilities?
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
- Will players have a variety of options when it comes to assassinating our targets? Are there non-lethal options, or options that don't involve directly fighting it out with them? - The studio's previous game, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, was hailed as having one of the best melee combat systems around. How does Dishonoured's combat system feel in comparison to that game? - Given the emphasis on player choice during missions, will there be any long-term consequences for how we choose to play the game? For example, if we're playing as a particularly destructive or non-stealthy character, will the story/gameworld/later missions change to respond to that choice?
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

How smart is the AI for NPC's and enemies? Do NPC's react to quest completions and decisions you make throughout the game? Do enemies react to spamming and adapt to the way you play? Also how does the leveling system work? Do enemies level up with you? Weapon customization? Is grinding a chore? Is there a New Game + or any bonuses during your 2nd playthrough? Different endings or replayability?

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 c0kemusheen
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

Gelugon_baat

Bethesta is the publisher for both those games.....not the developer.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#11 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

[QUOTE="Gelugon_baat"]

c0kemusheen

Bethesta is the publisher for both those games.....not the developer.

That didn't answer my question. I wasn't asking who the developer or publisher is.