As e3 ends, what reveal stood out for you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Many games got shown at e3, catering to many fanbases. Reveals to ponder and wonder over-

What was your e3 game, if one. Actually if you're greedy? You can make a list lol

*This thread is for reveals, not games already shown at previous events or directs.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Final Fantasy 7R overall.

Tales of Arise for new announcement. Im not greedy

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Not all that many to speak of. I guess these games reveal that got me interest would be:

• Blair Witch
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order gameplay reveal
  • Watch Dogs Legion
  • Battletoads
Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Not much though I was impressed with John Romero's Empire of Sin. Please no more Daikatana jokes. Phantom Brigade was there too but still too little information about it.

I was disappointed that Bayonetta 3 and Babylon's Fall are suspiciously missing.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: Suppose for three of them just a logo and nonsense previously. Gameplay kinda counts I guess. BattleToads looks pretty hype but I'm always in for 2D Beat em' Ups anyway. Got very mixed views on the artstyle. Hopefully it grows on me.

Would argue we already saw Jedi Fallen in-game at the Star Wars event though. Yet now I suppose it's officially known as God of War III- Star Wars edition.

I was disappointed that Bayonetta 3 are suspiciously missing

Platinum did state the next few games are funding Bayo3 development. So my guess it's on hold. Eitherway, wouldn't really be a reveal seeing as we had that at the Game Awards 2018. Gameplay I suppose would count though. My guess is Platinum want to up the quality after Capcoms DMC5.

@sakaixx said:

Think you missed the point of the thread dood. Suppose e3 had Tifa reveal, was that what you are grasping at?

Im not greedy

By definition that could be seen as contradictory.

Last few years I was most certainly greedy for narrowing e3 announcements. This was the first e3 in I think four years I only really cared for one reveal. But reveal is still the word of the thread. Not new trailer or showing. Final Fantasy VII has been known for years. It's not a reveal

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Ghostwire Tokyo just based on setting alone.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Tales of Arise looks beautiful. I can't wait! It looks much more detailed than any other Tales game before it. Bandai Namco finally decided to use a newer engine and move on into 2019 with us lol

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Think you missed the point of the thread dood. Suppose e3 had Tifa reveal, was that what you are grasping at?

Im not greedy

By definition that could be seen as contradictory.

Last few years I was most certainly greedy for narrowing e3 announcements. This was the first e3 in I think four years I only really cared for one reveal. But reveal is still the word of the thread. Not new trailer or showing. Final Fantasy VII has been known for years. It's not a reveal

Gasping at the release date reveal. I still cannot believe it, this shit is even bigger than whole 2019 e3 I had to. You said a list, I give 2 game.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

a CG trailer is not a reveal. FFVII with extensive gameplay explanation was the big reveal for me. I can't get excited about anything that was new because of the new announcements that featured gameplay, they were sequels that looked largely like their predecessors ( that Ubisoft is making sequels to their open world games cannot be called a reveal since we knew that already) or they were trailers. Anyone can make something look good in a trailer.

The big console companies chose not to show any tech relating to their new consoles, which are coming next year, which means 100% there is gameplay available to show from 1st and 3rd parties. That basically limited what was being revealed, and so we were stuck just looking at the last batch of current games. So boring E3 because people chose to not to show as far into the future as they could and usually would have.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Renegade_Fury  Online
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Panzer Dragoon Remake. We knew remakes were supposedly in the works for it and Zwei, but the last thing I ever expected was to randomly hear the intro music play during the Nintendo conference. It was an incredibly surreal moment to see Panzer Dragoon back after all these years.

PSO2 coming to the west also came out of nowhere, because it's been long thought that it was never going to happen at this point.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Ish_basic said:

a CG trailer is not a reveal.

And what did you base that on?

By definition_

Reveal// noun Information that has previously been kept from viewers. verb Make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others.

CGI trailers are still reveals, they're just not emitting actual gameplay like most wish they did. I myself agree to prefer seeing gameplay but my guess is big publishers force developers to show even a game as a concept more often; as part a profit tactic. Pre-orders, merchandise, company stock, etc.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Probably the entire Splinter Cell collection being BC on X1.

Battletoads looks fun though.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#13 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Probably the Breath of the Wild remake. (Even though I haven't played the first one.) Gameplay reveal of Luigi's Mansion 3 looked pretty great as well.

AC was beautiful of course. :P

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ
@sakaixx said:

You said a list, I give 2 game.

The greed mention is in jest, try not taking it too seriously. So long as you got new games to look forward previously unknown. You're doing the thread right.

Gasping at the release date reveal. I still cannot believe it

Good point! A release reveal is still a reveal by context. And Final Fnaatasy fans have been waiting a long time for this one. Hope it turns out well for the fans of the series.

@speeny said:

Probably the Breath of the Wild remake.

I got the assumption it was a direct sequel to BotW. I make typos all the time also, if that was a simple misspelling.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I believe the real reason why Nintendo did not show Bayonetta 3 at their press conference because they want to make way for Astral Chain, another Nintendo exclusive made by Platinum. It could be shown in this year's Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show instead along with multi-platform, Souls-like(sort of) Babylon's Fall.

By the way Code Vein finally have release date after it was delayed more than year since September 2018.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#16 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: My bad! I think when I was typing I was thinking of FF7 too much. It's the sequel. :P

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Final Fantasy 8 Remaster

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RSM-HQ
@lembu90 said:

By the way Code Vein finally have release date after it was delayed more than year since September 2018.

Both critic and public impressions from the recent demo suggest Code Vein isn't that good. For how long it has been stuck in development hell I'm not that surprised.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Phantasy Star Online 2 and Wasteland 3 were the only two games I was interested in.

Shenmue 3 stood out to me for all the wrong reasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

This was the worst E3 ever to me, so there wasn't much.

There are some things from E3 that I'm going to keep an eye on, but the only thing shown at E3 that made me jump for joy was Arcade1Up's Ninja Turtles Arcade cabinet! I must own this...

Loading Video...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

The standout for me was probably Astral Chain... watching the Treehouse gameplay sessions made me even more hyped for it than I already was. Can't wait!

Other highlights:

• Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Ori 2
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Watch Dogs Legion
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Ultimate Game Pass, tons of new Xbox BC games, and Cyberpunk are only things I've bought/pre-ordered since E3 started. I am pre-ordering the Elite Series 2 controller at Best Buy.

I have no desire to own a Switch and likely not buying Death Stranding. I have no clue what Sony can do at this point, as for Nintendo, revise the Switch and I'll get it and Pokemon Sword.

Personal standouts:

Blair Witch

Ghostwire

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Baldur's Gate 3

Deathloop

Forza Horizon 4 Lego Speed Champions

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Jedi Fallen Order

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Wolfenstein Youngblood

SIDE NOTES:

I want Dying Light 2, Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, and Gears 5, likely more than anything else, but none of them hyped me as bad as they did last year, still plan to buy/play these over many others.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58937 Posts

Ori for sure.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

Ghostwire Tokyo, love the whole "vanishing" theme and it's handled so well in this trailer.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@Ish_basic said:

a CG trailer is not a reveal.

And what did you base that on?

By definition_

Reveal// noun Information that has previously been kept from viewers. verb Make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others.

CGI trailers are still reveals, they're just not emitting actual gameplay like most wish they did. I myself agree to prefer seeing gameplay but my guess is big publishers force developers to show even a game as a concept more often; as part a profit tactic. Pre-orders, merchandise, company stock, etc.

What was that game on 360 with the glaive that you could toss. It was like Gears of War except for that. Dark Sector, maybe? Anyway, it was first "revealed" as the first next-gen game and it had all these alien looking soldiers, took place in space, had this guyver-esque look to the main character. First gameplay reveal was a few years later and it had none of those things from the "reveal." Completely different. So what did they reveal? That a game company was making a game? What else would they be doing?

What kind of game is Ghostwire? Is it survival horror? Is it action. Maybe a little RPG. Nothing was made known to you about anything. You got excited by the guy wearing the hat, not any information about a game. There was none.

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

@Ish_basic: got excited by the amazing vanishing sequence, the trippy shrine sequence, best cgi noodles ever, the shiba inu... the entire trailer was a masterpiece beginning to end. It is very encouraging to see Japanese creatives making more mature design decisions than the anime trash that has unfortunately become so pervasive.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Blair Witch

Blazing Chrome

12 Minutes

Cross Fire X

Ghost Wire Tokyo

Deathloop

Jedi Fallen Order

Watch Dogs Legion

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Ish_basic: It would still be a reveal even if a project changes overtime. Many examples exist of this even ranging from Nintendo, Blizzard, and Capcom titles. Reveal is still the meaning of the thread, whether it's loose terminology or structural.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

New Ori game looks stunning.

Baulder's Gate III by Larian.

Link's Awakening apparently runs like garbage, I hope the fix it.

Panzer Dragoon.

Tales of Arise looks like a modern game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RSM-HQ
@pyro1245 said:

Baulder's Gate III by Larian.

Wasn't that at the Google thing no e3?

Either way, never played a Balder game but Larian Studios are one of the best developers around.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

#32 AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

For me it was Tales of Arise. Loved that there is a new Tales of game announcement, looking forward to it.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@RSM-HQ: MS flight simulator 11, 2020 or whatever they wanna call it. I pretty much knew about most of the stuff of the show. Was surprised at Keanu, but ultimately I was waiting for a new flight sim since the disappointment that was MS Flight. Thus like 8 years or something.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

Fs2020, and not a moment too soon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points