Arkham Origins Multi-player

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

They caved in and added multi-player :(

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

Why the sad face? Why is this bad? I never touched the multiplayer in Uncharted, for example. But that doesn't mean I think it's bad that they added it. I simply don't play online multiplayer. I probably won't play this either. But I'm not going to whine about it. Enjoy the single player like you always did. Those who want to play the multiplayer will. I don't get why everyone is making a fuss about this. 

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

They caved in and added multi-player :(

gameofthering

Where do you get this idea that they "caved in?" That's a pretty stupid assumption to make. Also, even if it is included in there, that doesn't mean that you are forced to play it either. I played the last two Batman games on 360 solely for the campaign. Why should this be ANY different?

Also, is it just me or is this their take on Splinter Cell Blacklist's Spies Vs Mercs, only done in a different way and in a different universe?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I can't see the Video, what exactly does the Multiplayer consist of ? Is Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed ?Lulu_Lulu

Read for more info

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"]I can't see the Video, what exactly does the Multiplayer consist of ? Is Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed ?Metamania

Read for more info

Hey Thanx. I actualy like the Idea, this is definately not tacked on Multiplayer, Tomb Raider would do well to learn from this for their next game.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gameofthering

Why the sad face? Why is this bad? I never touched the multiplayer in Uncharted, for example. But that doesn't mean I think it's bad that they added it. I simply don't play online multiplayer. I probably won't play this either. But I'm not going to whine about it. Enjoy the single player like you always did. Those who want to play the multiplayer will. I don't get why everyone is making a fuss about this. 

Tropictrain

It's just my experience with Single player focused games that got multi-player added. I've felt they never had much effort put into the creation of the mode, which then caused the population to die down.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

gameofthering

It's just my experience with Single player focused games that got multi-player added. I've felt they never had much effort put into the creation of the mode, which then caused the population to die down.

They always die down, even MMO's eventualy go instinct.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tropictrain

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

gameofthering

And that's worse than not including it how? 

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameofthering

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

Tropictrain

They could have created even more Single Player content :P 

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tropictrain

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

gameofthering

I doubt it. From my experience, the addition of multiplayer has little to no effect on the single player campaign. The addition of multiplayer in Uncharted 2 did not make the single player campaign worse. The addition of it in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood didn't hurt it either. I haven't played the later games, some claim they've gotten worse since then. But I haven't heard many people claim Brotherhood was worse than II. And that's the game that added multiplayer. I've only played the multiplayer in Brotherhood once. I don't enjoy it. I don't really enjoy multiplayer at all actually. But I still enjoyed the main game. 

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

gameofthering

Could have, yes. Would have? As Mr Owl once said, "The world may never know."