Are you still playing Cyberpunk 2077?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you still playing Cyberpunk 2077? (29 votes)

No 69%
Yes 31%

I tried it the other day to test the latest patch after not playing for months. It took me three tries to boot it up (first time the status bar froze, second time it booted up sans audio, third time it worked). It still feels janky, the aiming is off, the driving doesn’t feel good, the enemy AI is still lobotomized, etc.). I’m on Xbox One X.

CDPR stated that they’re “satisfied” with the current state and stability of the game which is their unsubtle way of stating that they want to move on and deprioritize future patches. I just don’t see how they can fully fix this game, it is still an inexcusable cynical mess. I suspect that the main aim of the patches were not make good for its customers but to get Sony to relist the game so now they don’t care since it’s mission accomplished.

I’m putting it down until I get a gen 9 console which won’t be sooner than 2023.

• 
strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#1 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

I got 90 hours out of it but I haven’t played it in 2 months. I really want to see the ending so I should go back to it. My backlog is too big so I have other games to play.

My vote, no I’m not playing it but I want to get back into it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

The problem with CP2077 is, you shouldn't be playing it on last-gen consoles at all. CDPR has always been a PC developer first and foremost and they underestimate last-gen specs to run CP2077 and the Jaguar from last-gen doesn't do justice for the game. I bought CP2077 on PC, it plays great on PC despite the glitches I'll run into and I didn't experience any major crashes but that's beside the point, CDPR really underestimate taking on this major task compare to Witcher 3, the game itself wasn't ready and all they care about is keeping their investors happy so they launch the game in this broken state. One way or another, CDPR is gonna face a lawsuit and I wouldn't care if they get what's coming to them.

But yes, I'm still playing CP2077 and starting my 2nd playthrough as we speak and trying Street Kid path and already did Corpo so lets see what Street Kid has to offer. The latest patches has really improve the game despite me playing it on PC, I strongly recommend just playing the game on current-gen consoles due to the higher specs both PS5/Xbox Series X/S has and you'll get a smooth gameplay from what I heard.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1390 Posts

Reminds me to deinstall GoG.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 palasta

A reminder to deinstall GoG.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7210 Posts

I'm still waiting on the next gen patch.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34553 Posts

Never have. Might get it when it's 10 bucks or less.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Just turned it off after I finished a mission in which I had to rescue a woman being held captive in a hospital. Delivered her to a car, watched her drive safely away and then a few blocks away found her floating thus causing a traffic jam. Capture button on the controller FTW! I find it fun.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I stopped after I beat the game and the side quests. The other quests are just fetch quests and completely unrewarding.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8759 Posts

Bought it last week, so I'm still playing it. Took me a while, but it's not bad to me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

No. I put about 80 hours into it at launch and had a blast. There we some pretty wild animation bugs tho. Can't wait to play it again prob next year after it is updated a lot more.

Easily CDPR's most fun game-ass game. Looks phenomenal with ray tracing.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Finished it ages ago after about 85 crash free hours on PC. I do plan on playing it again at some point with a different build - but no, I suppose the answer is I'm not "still" playing it right now

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6946 Posts

I have not played it and I will not support garbage business practices. Therefore, no money from me ever.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Oof playing it on PS4 is tough, its slightly better now than it was at launch but damn

@davillain- said:

The problem with CP2077 is, you shouldn't be playing it on last-gen consoles at all.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58261 Posts

Yeah, actually, played a pretty good marathon session the other day actually after taking a break. It's in really good shape.

On PC of course, the platform it's meant to be played on.

I mean CDPR fucked up I won't deny that, I just wish they didn't "pull a Crytek" and let their eyes get bigger tan their stomach and go for that stupid console money. Should have just gone for PC, then ported to console.

@palasta said:

Reminds me to deinstall GoG.

You should cut off your nose while your at it. You know, to spite your face.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
@xantufrog said:

Finished it ages ago after about 85 crash free hours on PC. I do plan on playing it again at some point with a different build - but no, I suppose the answer is I'm not "still" playing it right now

What build you trying out?

I did my first run sort of free form and it was fun, ended up not really focused on anything but it was still fun.

Second build was as a mantis-blade melee build.

Third build was a gorilla arms-shotgun close up brawler. THAT was a a lot of fun. That's the one I'm still playing but have more or less stopped on. Dude is pretty much invincible though.

I'm thinking my fourth build will either be a stealth monowire playthrough, or a "mage" build which I heard are pretty OP. Leaning more towards the latter since I've done two melee builds and the monowire is essentially a melee build.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: my last build I was a male tech-gun hacker from the streets; I was thinking a solid shift of direction would be for my next build to be a female corpo melee "ninja"

*edit* yeah hacking was super fun. I definitely recommend it. My only complaint was they didn't do any kind of "matrix" hacking a la Shadowrun. So yeah - basically a mage. But mages rule :-)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25

@xantufrog: this thread got me playing again but I got bored with the melee build (it's my second melee build....third playthrough in total and I'm almost done).

I think I'm going to try the "mage" build. Any particular recommendations or guides?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xantufrog  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: hmm not really - I've only played it through once and just kinda winged it. For what it's worth it felt pretty intuitive and also unlikely to wind up with a "bad" build

Amaterasu5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Amaterasu5533
Member since 2021 • 18 Posts

Yes, actually! I like it, but it's a lot of dialogues and story and I'm usually too tired for that so I'm kinda stuck on it. Same reason I didn't finish Witcher DLCs yet either.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#21 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Doubt I'll ever try the game again, even without the bugs it's just a linear action open world game in a sea of the stuff. For those that want that experience and more open world games, I get the appeal, but for me it is shallow.

Doesn't help that my only session with the game was riddled with bugs and glitches though.

Cyberpunk 2077 is the modern day Mass Effect: Andromeda, it's disappointing and poorly designed. But someone is going to like it.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’m still waiting for the XSX upgrade. We’re in the second half so hopefully it’s out soon…hopefully it will be 4K, 60FPS with some visual upgrades and ray tracing.

It’s been on sale in the Xbox store at least twice, I guess I’ll pick it up the next time it pops up.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 palasta

@mrbojangles25 said:

CDPR fanboys are the most annoying of all.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25

@palasta said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

CDPR fanboys are the most annoying of all.

Not a CDPR fanboy, I just know a good thing when I see it (referring to GoG, not Cyberpunk). Anyway, you're the one being annoying, talking about uninstalling GoG or whatever because of one bad game lol. Dramaqueen.

Cheap games, no DRM, and being able to download the entire file and stick it on a a USB stick and take it anywhere I want without needing to authenticate it? That's a good thing.

Cyberpunk had a shitty release but let's not blow it out of proportion, all right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@xantufrog: @mrbojangles25: I really wanted to wait and get an RTX 3070Ti just to replay CP2077 but this thread made me decide to just go ahead and replay the game going with Street Kid/Sword combat male guy and I customized V looking like mix with Geralt & Adam Jenson combine lol.

I already did Netrunner/hacking build and it was way overpower for a spellcaster in CP2077 lol. Go with the Netrunner cause they're really good and fun like Xantufrog said. Also, don't do Nomad cause I heard its one of the worthless playthrough so Street Kid & Corpro are the only 2 worth picking.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#26 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Not a CDPR fanboy, I just know a good thing when I see it (referring to GoG, not Cyberpunk).

^This.

I'm pretty vocal with my disappointing experience with Cyber Punk but GoG is the best store on P.C. I'd soon rather not buy any more games on P.C. before calling the death to GoG.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@davillain- said:

@xantufrog: @mrbojangles25: I really wanted to wait and get an RTX 3070Ti just to replay CP2077 ....

On certain over-hyped (in technical sense) games I tend to do a "potato mode" test, and if the game is still fun, it passes the test. It's sort of my way to convince myself that people are being idiots and also to tell myself I don;t need to listen to them because you know how it goes: enough people chanting the same thing over and over again, they get you to start doubting yourself.

Cyberpunk passed the test. Game is still fun at super low settings. Anyone waiting on good hardware to play Cyberpunk shouldn't wait.

Unless that good hardware is a next-gen (now current-gen, I suppose :P ) console. I guess you still shouldn't play it on a current-gen (now last-gen, right?) console.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Haven't touched the game ever since I finished it a few months ago. I enjoyed the experience but not enough to want to go back. Maybe I'll do another playthrough with the Corpo origin and a completely different build some day on a better GPU with RT.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Yeah I put about 72 hours into it on PC back in December. Got one of the worst endings. Reloaded and went for the Panam ending, was working my way through one of the ending battles when one of the enemies got stuck in the geometry of the land and I couldn't shoot him. I literally could have just reloaded that whole battle through a checkpoint and probably steamrolled through it but I just didn't care anymore by that point.

I enjoyed the game for what it was. I loved the aesthetic, but that was about it. It was just another looter shooter and I didn't think the story was anything to write home about. I had the advantage though because I was never hyped for Cyberpunk. I saw it a few times through the years, thought the enemy AI always looked very stupid, turned out it was when it released and the game wasn't much of a challenge ever. And it just kinda became a forgotten footnote in my history of games that I beat once. Whatever. Also I had used money from some steam refunds to get the game and I didn't regret not using that money for other games after putting in a good amount of time into this to see what everyone was ranting and raving about.

Turns out, if you don't go into this game thinking it was the second coming of Christ like many did you will actually have an ok to enjoyable time playing through it, provided you can get past the bugs.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

I’m still waiting for the XSX upgrade. We’re in the second half so hopefully it’s out soon…hopefully it will be 4K, 60FPS with some visual upgrades and ray tracing.

It’s been on sale in the Xbox store at least twice, I guess I’ll pick it up the next time it pops up.

Can you really get 4k at 60FPS with ray tracing enabled on the XSX? I'm asking, because I'm getting that kind of performance on my 3090 with those settings. But I am playing it on ultra settings, though.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@shurns: I wouldn’t know the update hasn’t been released yet. As I said, “I hope…”

My guess is that 4K60FPS with dynamic scaling might be possible, textures and ray tracing and etc won’t be as high as your setup.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#32 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Never played it. Probably never well, unless a PS5 version comes out completely patched up.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@kadin_kai: Right, yea. That would actually be more than good enough for the console if it can achieve that hopefully.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I don't see why: I have done all the content, such as it is, and the gameplay is not something I'd return to for any reason.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 937 Posts

Nah, beat it once, enjoyed it, and then put it down. There's just not much to do after the main story, all the sidequests and NCPD stuff. Will probably give it another go once the free DLC drops, if ever, and if is worth to boot up the game again

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

I found it to be a pretty dreadful experience.

I went in for the open world and I got something less complex than GTA 3.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44534 Posts

I accidentally voted yes but answer is no. I Uninstaller it back in 2020 and haven't wanted to touch it since. Been waiting for someone to say it's better. I will fire up again if/when we get the Series X upgrade.