Are you sick of World War 2 games??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lastchancejames
lastchancejames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 lastchancejames
Member since 2010 • 137 Posts

I am they have been through some great series but enough is enough already... seriously make games on the vietnam war, world war 1, the cold war, or the korean war...

Good world war 2 games

Company of Heros

Medal of Honor

Call of Duty 1-3

Brothers in Arms (series)

What do u think?? Are u sick of world war 2 games??

FrostMTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FrostMTG
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts

I am they have been through some great series but enough is enough already... seriously make games on the vietnam war, world war 1, the cold war, or the korean war.?

lastchancejames
This, right here.
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I agree. I'm not sure why more games haven't been based on other popular wars. My only guess would be that WWII is something most of usknow quite a bit about.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

I am they have been through some great series but enough is enough already... seriously make games on the vietnam war, world war 1, the cold war, or the korean war...

lastchancejames

There is tons of vietnam games. Most are on pc though. Bad company 2: Vietnam DLC, Shellshock, and the next COD (will have both cold war and vietnam in it). Not alot of people know about WW1 and Korean war (history-wise)

colt1831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 colt1831
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
I'm missing them since everyone went modern after Cod 4
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I...I just can't help myself. I am a World War II shooter buff I suppose. I hear quite a bit of people say the older weapons are boring. I personally find them the most interesting. You known sooner or latter, probably sooner, everyone is going to be saying the same exact thing about modern/semi recent war games. Then we'll be on to future war games. Maybe then we'll double back again? :P

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

ya they tend to be boring

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
We haven't had one in several years now really. Don't be silly fellas. We know why a WWI shooter would not work.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I haven't played one since COD world at war. That was easily my least favorite call of duty though.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I haven't played one since COD world at war. That was easily my least favorite call of duty though.

magnax1

I thought it was a pretty intense game. I seemed to like the Russian campaign better than the American one if I remember correctly. Plus, NAZI ZOMBIES! :P

MHA2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 MHA2010
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts
I think there are enough PC games made about WWII! Darkest of years was a good idea but wasn't a good game. I think if they make that kind of games a bit better,it will become very popular.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

WW2 hasn't been touched that much recently. I wouldn't mind a comeback, I love WW2 (and Band of Brothers).

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

I think this thread is a few years too late, the WWII game craze has been over for a few years now,

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I wouldnt say I'm "sick" of them but I am beginning to grow weary of them.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i would love a ww2 game that doesnt include paranormal stuff, waves of respawning enemies, or crazy unrealistic 1vs the entire nazi army...brothers in arms was good...but it felt like i just used my teams to distract and i had to do all of the real work....cod and moh....ur allies...were worthless....i want a gritty, intense, semi-realistic( real handling on weapons, real abilities, no run and gun godmode type gameplay)game, where enemies should take damage realistically, with an emotional backdrop and story line(brothers in arms was really good)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="FrostMTG"][QUOTE="lastchancejames"]

I am they have been through some great series but enough is enough already... seriously make games on the vietnam war, world war 1, the cold war, or the korean war.?

This, right here.

yea not a bad idea at all.
ryansjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ryansjones
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I haven't really been wild about ww2 games. Though I wonder if there are any games based on the Iraq or Afghanistan wars?

NightmareCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NightmareCV
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts
I tend to enjoy WWII games, but I'd like to see a more Band of Brothers approach. Games like COD 1-3 and MoH Airborne tried, but there was never that sense of camaraderie. I know they are shooters, but some character development could go a long way toward making WWII games a lot better, heck any game for that matter.
amirzaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 amirzaim
Member since 2007 • 1720 Posts
I'm see too many world war 2 games based on europe. Why don't the developers just make a new one with the other places like the ww2 in asian like in phillipines, indonesia or malaya ( old name for Malaysia)? I'm want some improvements of them.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#20 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I thought they were done with that period and were now milking the middle east issue?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I'm more sick of always being in the shoes of a Soldier on the Allied side, Just once would it be a little nifty to see the war through the eyes of a Wermacht, Japanese and even Italian soldier in a singleplayer campaign, Like Call of Duty World at War. Afterall you can choose to be a German and Japanese soldier in pretty much every war game with multiplayer, I don't see why we can't for once hump to the otherside.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

I understand why there have been so many WW2 games; it's the real-life classic battle between good and evil, where everyone had a clear idea about why we were there and why we had to win. You look at more recent conflicts like Vietnam and Iraq, both are so controversial and people dispute why we even got involved in either one.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

If you want to try a different war like WWI, you need to try a different kind of game. Rise of Flight is a WWI flight sim featuring aerial combat in biplanes.

renomakiGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 renomakiGS
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts
WWII, as overdone as it is, is still ok in my eyes.
gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Yes I am. The reason is because WW2 games have same thing to do,same missions,same locations,you cant put something that didnt happen in WW2,it must be strictly by rules,unless somebody make that we control Axies,and who will want that,me not.

kpaenen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kpaenen
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I want them back actually, MW(2), BFBC2,... they're just too modern, I like the old days with the Nazis :)
ImpliedBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 ImpliedBunny
Member since 2008 • 1688 Posts

best WWII game is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. it gave the boring WWII formula a boost of awesome. what WWII games need are more sexy Nazi chicks in leather.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#28 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

I wouldnt say I'm "sick" of them but I am beginning to grow weary of them.

MentatAssassin
This. I can definitely see me playing more of the Pacific side of the war in the future, but the European war is getting a little over-done. At least I've had a good break from them recently.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Yes I am. The reason is because WW2 games have same thing to do,same missions,same locations,you cant put something that didnt happen in WW2,it must be strictly by rules,unless somebody make that we control Axies,and who will want that,me not.

gamer_96

No, not all WWII games are the same. A game like SHIII/IV/V do not have you killing Nazis on some beach in Normandy or Berlin. SHIII/V feature you as a German submarine commander sinking Allied shipping while SHIV had you as an American submariner sinking Japanese shipping.

iL2 allowed you to play as several different pilots from different countries and Forgotten Battles offers a dynamic campaign for you. The add-ons for FB like Pacific Fighters moves you to the Pacific theater and allow you to fly either US or Japanese planes.

Look to other genres of games if you are tired of the typical shooters that are overproduced. You never know what you might find.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

I love WW2 era. Can't wait for SOW:BOB. and RO2.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#31 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
No as long as the gameplay is sharp I can deal with it. I made a mistake of dismissing CoH because it was a WW2 game, boy was I foolish to do so.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
We haven't had one in several years now really. Don't be silly fellas. We know why a WWI shooter would not work.Nifty_Shark
Because trench warfare would make for a terrible game?
gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I see. Guess that we all are obsessed about MoH,CoD,Bia,and other WW2 FPS games,so yeah we dont know what we can find there.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]We haven't had one in several years now really. Don't be silly fellas. We know why a WWI shooter would not work.scorch-62

beach head anyone??? lol

ghegpatatas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ghegpatatas
Member since 2010 • 611 Posts
havent played any of those. :)
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#36 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]We haven't had one in several years now really. Don't be silly fellas. We know why a WWI shooter would not work.scorch-62

probably a tactical strategy game, not so much an FPS. Somebody already make a game where the fundamentals of combat were to organize two sides of regiments so that they can line up, take turns and shoot each other in the face; If that can be fun and get good reviews, trench warfare can somehow work.
Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#37 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts
I'm missing them since everyone went modern after Cod 4colt1831
This.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]We haven't had one in several years now really. Don't be silly fellas. We know why a WWI shooter would not work.illmatic87

probably a tactical strategy game, not so much an FPS. Somebody already make a game where the fundamentals of combat were to organize two sides of regiments so that they can line up, take turns and shoot each other in the face; If that can be fun and get good reviews, trench warfare can somehow work.

If we are going to do that why not go a bit further back into history where the armies just stand and shoot without the trenches. We get to have custom outfits with crazy hats. Muskets galore. Awesome mustaches too. But yeah would need to be an rts.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The flight/combat sim genre on the PC has pretty much covered most of the major wars since WW1.

WW1

WW2

Korean War

Arab-Israeli Wars

Vietnam War

Cold War Hypotheticals

Desert Storm

Falklands

Korea Modern Hypothetical

Post-Cold War Hypothetical

marinerfan182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 marinerfan182
Member since 2005 • 497 Posts
No, I'm sick of FPS.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts
I'm not sick of WW2 games, I'm sick of Invading Normandy though. I wish they'd just read up on history, or watch a lot of WW2 documentaries, write and develop a campaign based of this, and make a game, there's a lot more they can do on the Russian front, I'd wish they'd just stick with that for an entire game if they make another WW2 COD game.
Luthreidrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Luthreidrome
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

I LOVED the russian campaign in World at War it was brutal dark and the atmosphere was great. So if they made another liek that I wouldnt mind it. I think they should make a WW1 game with that kind of atmosphere. Your in a trench wearing a gas mask peering through barbed wire down the gascoveredbattleground with your bolt action rifle. Then through the gas comes an army being lead by a man ona gas masked horse charging then another guy next to you with a turret mows them down. Something like that would be brutal.

I mean cmon check this picture out it looks awesome

http://aes-humanities8.wikispaces.com/file/view/WW1.5.jpg/32644077/WW1.5.jpg