SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

GeForce Now lets you stream games you own across different digital storefronts on PC from a server in the cloud that is most likely much more powerfull than your own PC. There's a free option that lets you play for an hour per session, or a subscription currently costing $5 that lets you play as long as you want, with Ray Tracing enabled.

Personally I think it's the best take on a streaming service yet, mainly because if the whole thing folds, you don't really lose anything. Shame that publishers are pulling their games from the service though. Was really looking forward to playing Borderlands 3 like this.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

If my internet suported it sure. But then aren't publishers and platforms pulling their games from this device like crazy?

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SupremeAC

@lozengez: I'm hoping Nvidea can get them back on board. I believe the issue publishers have with the service is that while the end user owns the product, Nvidea doesn't, yet they are hosting it from their servers. So the lisence does not reside with the 'computer' that is hosting the game. Perhaps if they could manage it that you automatically sign in to say Steam locally on their server when you play, the issue could be resolved.

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

Issue is for every major publisher digital streaming rights are now something they can license to a number of players -- why give it away for free.

I'm on your side but the money part of this issue seems insurmoutnable.

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SupremeAC

your point does not hold water. Surely the conventional streaming services would take a cut from the sale that is in the same ballpark as what Steam or the Epic store take, so financially it evens out. The only sale publishers could miss out on is people double dipping to get the game also on a streaming service, but how many people would do that in the first place?