Are you guys using an alternative forum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

Hey,

Before the "update" I relally liked coming here, learning new stuff, helping people with their rigs, etc... Now they pretty much ruined it.

I was just wondering if any of you are using another Computer Hardware forum that has a good community?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I use a few different forums but the reason I keep coming here is the community. Sorry but I don't use any other computer hardware ones so I can't help you there.

Is the new format really that bad that you're willing to trade the community for it?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I feel the same way. I can't believe they did away with the PC hardware stuff. I loved asking and answering questions... I feel like a strong center of online knowledge has been snuffed out, and I can't understand why.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I am not a computer guy (Nintendo here) but I switched forums after the new website rolled out. I use IGN now. I still check in here on occasion.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

I think I'm going to, I fucking hate the new design here.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

To be honest im sticking with gamespot.

At first I was annoyed at the change. Now im getting use to it. Just like everything else in life. We adapt to change.

My only complaint is the way you got to search for games.

Also when I realized I can change the backround back to black, that made it a little better. I couldn't stand the white backround.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Yeah I do. Still, I keep hoping this confusing mess isn't permanent, but as days go by that hope gets dimmer and dimmer.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@Black_Knight_00:

BK...its slow around here...seems like the regulars have gone elsewhere

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@gp19 said:

Hey,

Before the "update" I relally liked coming here, learning new stuff, helping people with their rigs, etc... Now they pretty much ruined it.

I was just wondering if any of you are using another Computer Hardware forum that has a good community?

Not really, it seems most other forums have the same design issue that makes it terrible to use, NeoGaF is ok but not that great, and Giantbomb is like being here but a lot less active.

So nah i am sticking with gamespot but only because there isn't any alternative.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

A positive quality of the old GameSpot forums was how I could use my one account to talk about many different topics and there was plenty of activity occurring throughout the site to keep me interested. Now, there are less avenues for discussion and less activity. I am sure things will improve, but if another sites is made with everything that made GameSpot a good site, this site might have some competition. For now, I rate it as an above average site.

I would be consider it more favorably if there were not so many bugs and the well-liked features were brought to the new site.
For the moment, I am not using any site with the same features as GameSpot.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#12 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I hang out on a couple of other boards, but my activity here hasn't dwindled due to the new site at all. GGD may be a bit slower now, but with so many older users from back in the day returning, it's still got plenty of great people to chat with. That's a fine trade-off.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

@Areez said:

BK...its slow around here...seems like the regulars have gone elsewhere

I've noticed that myself. Activity seems to have dropped off since the funectomy, and the thread locking continues unabated which always helps to discourage participation.