Are you disappointed about Hitman Absolution about cutting out features?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Hey everybody,

I guess we all heard that Hitman Absolution originally was intended to have a Level Editor, but they changed it because they said it wouldn't work well when Players would have to search through all kind of levels and have to play inferior ones and so they replaced it with the Contracts mode.

This made me really hate the guy involving in the decision and I think what he said about the Level Editor stuff is utter bullsh*t. I was so looking forward to the game beause of the Level Editor.

Anyone else as well as disappointed about it as I am? Or do you prefer the Contracts mode?

Maybe you also have some other examples of games where stuff has been cut out you had been looking forward to which then destroyed the game for you?

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I'm getting the game. I couldn't care less about level editor.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i dont know that i buy the reason for the cut. i was playing sound shapes earlier this year and there were developers' picks that filtered out a lot of junk if players didn't want to themselves. i'm sure a "liking" system could work too.

am i disappointed? it's hard to say without having played it, but i'll see about contracts mode if i end up getting absolution.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I've pretty much never touched a single level editor when it's come with a game so for me it's no loss.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
........... Games cut/change features all the time, its part of development..
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
I'm not too stoked to have a level editor to a Hitman game, if they removed it then good one less thing to hinder their work on making it the best game they can make.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I dont think I've ever messed with a level editor anytime there has been one available.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

not really, at least this game wont be a dissapointment that is Splinter Cell blacklist.

bigdrew172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 bigdrew172
Member since 2004 • 1390 Posts

I know some people really like level editors but I've never found them fun to play around with. Also with the amount of crud that it produces I can see why they didn't want to be bothered curating a user created level system. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there would have been some great ones, but as a whole I've found the ratio of bad to good to be terrible with games that allow users to create levels.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Justforvisit

I know some people really like level editors but I've never found them fun to play around with. Also with the amount of crud that it produces I can see why they didn't want to be bothered curating a user created level system. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there would have been some great ones, but as a whole I've found the ratio of bad to good to be terrible with games that allow users to create levels.

bigdrew172

But then it's STILL YOUR decision if you want to play them or not. They could still have made a great game in my opinion.

But I'm really a bit shocked how easy it's accepted nowadays when you get cut in your gamer freedom ._.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts
I dont think I've ever messed with a level editor anytime there has been one available.Allicrombie
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts

level editors are on one of those things that sound good but rarely turn out well and are either poorly implemented or get ignored.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Justforvisit

level editors are on one of those things that sound good but rarely turn out well and are either poorly implemented or get ignored.

Cloud_Insurance

Guess you guys have all never seen or played how Timesplitters or Tenchu 2 handled them, huh? ._.

wyan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wyan_
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

I am disappoint

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

TC, what exactly do you mean by level creator? Dropping items in and out?

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Justforvisit

MirkoS77

Well, I thought it would be a Tileset Level Editor, where you can select a base size for your level and then set in prepared tiles like walls, items, decorations, npc's and can add simple logic commands to them like giving an NPC a text message or defining the winning parameters like eliminate person X, get item Y to complete and such.

Just like I said, like the Level Editors of Time Splitters 1 - 3 on PS2 or the Level Editor on Tenchu 2 - BotSA has been, another example would be creating Parks in the Tony Hawk Games.

It's super easy, works perfectly well on console too and doesn't need the slightest bit of programming knowledge.

Here's an example of those what I mean:

Tenchu 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3w3cyL8c8E&feature=related

Time Splitters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2q1d4Epvc (Though this one doesn't show any "building" but the concept of placing stuff is pretty much the same like it was in the vid about Tenchu, only you could build on multi height levels here)

Stuff like this it I miss in modern games and also what I though Hitman Absolution would have.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

The reasoning sounds pretty lame, there's plenty of user driven websites, games that have good systems for filtering out garbage. But I never knew they planned on having one anyway.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Justforvisit

The reasoning sounds pretty lame, there's plenty of user driven websites, games that have good systems for filtering out garbage. But I never knew they planned on having one anyway.

darkmoney52

My guess is we don't see those that often anymore because it could get in the way of selling DLC Map Packs and such, why would anyone buy them if you just can build some on your own?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Justforvisit

Well, I thought it would be a Tileset Level Editor, where you can select a base size for your level and then set in prepared tiles like walls, items, decorations, npc's and can add simple logic commands to them like giving an NPC a text message or defining the winning parameters like eliminate person X, get item Y to complete and such.

Just like I said, like the Level Editors of Time Splitters 1 - 3 on PS2 or the Level Editor on Tenchu 2 - BotSA has been, another example would be creating Parks in the Tony Hawk Games.

It's super easy, works perfectly well on console too and doesn't need the slightest bit of programming knowledge.

Here's an example of those what I mean:

Tenchu 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3w3cyL8c8E&feature=related

Time Splitters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2q1d4Epvc (Though this one doesn't show any "building" but the concept of placing stuff is pretty much the same like it was in the vid about Tenchu, only you could build on multi height levels here)

Stuff like this it I miss in modern games and also what I though Hitman Absolution would have.

Ah ok, I was imagining you wanted something different. Maybe eventually the devs will release level tools on the PC game or something?

Btw: I like your sig, it's very true.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
Depends. I'm getting Hitman: Absolution and if the level editor was going to be lousy, I'm glad they cut it, as it won't be used. If it was going to be something like TS as you mentioned, then sure, that's a shame, but it doesn't really bother me as it's not like the feature was there in the first place. As long as I get to be a hitman and going to various different places in the world from hotels to villas with lots of different ways of doing the missions, then that's fine by me. That's all I can ask for.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
every single game gets features cut out of it... so no.