Are there bigger corporate @$$ kissers than video gamers?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I’ve tried to think of equivalent defense force jihadists in other industries/hobbies comparable to the antisocial physical activity averse misfits who have erected online anti-siege fortresses around Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.

BMW fanboys are annoying, they think the Bavarian propeller is the greatest thing Europe has ever produced and has done no wrong whatsoever. The Ford vs. Chevy rednecks are just as irritating and may be as rabid as the plastic button pushers.

But otherwise, I cannot think of many equivalent rubes so willing and able to abase themselves in defense of multibillion/multitrillion dollar corporations who don’t give a rat’s behind about them.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

@girlusocrazy: actually that’s a good point. Apple fans are unbearable and just as blind as video gamers despite the fact that Steve Jobs would openly disparage them when he was alive.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Don't really care for the corporate side of games, I just play fun games. It's someone else's job and worries to deal with that garbage.

Fanbois can be pretty irritating though in the video game space, they operate like transparent adverts without being paid.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I don't know, iPhone users can get close at the very least.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Before the iphone, Mac users were kinda awful.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

The fanboys on this site really make me laugh inside. They defend their platform like extremists.

It’s so funny really that grown men and women have fallen so low that video games have become their lifeblood.

Their behaviour, the things they type are honestly worse than children. But I guess so many of them are adult-children living in their parent’s house and gaming in the basement.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

The fanboys on this site really make me laugh inside. They defend their platform like extremists.

Have noticed this a few times, I game on a few platforms and never had a problem throwing criticisms at any of them- Steam, Epic, GoG, PlayStation, Nintendo. I can find fault with all of them; and have expressed such many a time.

Always room for improvement on all the platforms. Not to mention the truth that many if not all the platforms only continue to pile-on issues. And rarely improving the experience for our benefit. They give buzz-words and false needs to pander the vocal minority zealots.

Fanbois are pretty transparent, can't even contemplate evaluating the investment they put money in without being blindly bias.

If anything good developers deserve the praise, not the publishers/ platform owners.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@kadin_kai said:

It’s so funny really that grown men and women have fallen so low that video games have become their lifeblood.

Their behaviour, the things they type are honestly worse than children. But I guess so many of them are adult-children living in their parent’s house and gaming in the basement.

The funniest part is they actually think these gaming companies actually care for them and their whole identity is what video games they play makes them hardcore or Xtreme gamer!!!! lol it's funny because nobody cares but them it's quite sad actually.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Apple. They remind me of Nintendo

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4220 Posts

I’ve always had my preferences like Nintendo, but I never made a religion out of it as some people have with companies/consoles. I play games to learn stuff…stimulate my mind…have fun…and that’s it. Also car maniacs and apple iPhone maniacs drive me up the wall at times.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

YouTubers, they pander to their audience bydelivering to them the confirmation bias they seek. What I wouldn't give for a YouTuber who can just give us a genuine opinion about anything.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@GalvatronType_R: Agree on gaming fanboys part. I can think of three groups who're annoying to an fault: Apple, YouTube/Twitch & Anime fanboys!