Are there any police games out there actually worth playing? Lets take a look...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e77c7b85f2e
deactivated-60e77c7b85f2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60e77c7b85f2e
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
Hi, I have been into police games for quite some time now. I used to play an addon for ArmA 2 called City Life. You can drive very realistic police cars around, and actually perform normal duties that a police officer would perform. But, sadly there is not a large enough community that plays the mod for it to be actually worth playing and spending time on. I have talked with alot of people about games like these and we agree that there should be a game for this type of interest. We want a game that can surpass just your normal RPG multiplayer game. We are looking for a true police / real world RPG game that is in constant motion. A game that you can wake up in the morning and get in your police car and patrol the streets looking for any kind of crime. It doesn't even have to be multiplayer! The game would be about the player experiencing what police officers have to experience everyday. The police cars would be very realistic and detailed all around, the city, civilian cars, buildings, would be detailed. Computer generated cars, buildings, boats, planes, etc. for the city(s) would all need to be implemented. Computer dispatchers would need to be implemented and things of that nature. The game would be all about emergency services. I know this would be a big project, but there is a big community looking for better, bigger, more realistic RPG games out there and no doubt any game that met these standards or even surpassed them would be making huge profits. Tell me what you think, I will most likely be adding on this this topic.
Tannerr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2 Tannerr33
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

GTA:SA has a multiplayer mod where you can be a cop and you can chase others down and stick them in jail where their jail cell mate can do dirty things to them.

Face of Mankind is a mmo where there is also a police faction and you can arrest others and put them in prison. You have to watch over them to because the prisoners can make plans to escape.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Such a game would be a very difficult endeavor.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Hi, I have been into police games for quite some time now. I used to play an addon for ArmA 2 called City Life. You can drive very realistic police cars around, and actually perform normal duties that a police officer would perform. But, sadly there is not a large enough community that plays the mod for it to be actually worth playing and spending time on. I have talked with alot of people about games like these and we agree that there should be a game for this type of interest. We want a game that can surpass just your normal RPG multiplayer game. We are looking for a true police / real world RPG game that is in constant motion. A game that you can wake up in the morning and get in your police car and patrol the streets looking for any kind of crime. It doesn't even have to be multiplayer! The game would be about the player experiencing what police officers have to experience everyday. The police cars would be very realistic and detailed all around, the city, civilian cars, buildings, would be detailed. Computer generated cars, buildings, boats, planes, etc. for the city(s) would all need to be implemented. Computer dispatchers would need to be implemented and things of that nature. The game would be all about emergency services. I know this would be a big project, but there is a big community looking for better, bigger, more realistic RPG games out there and no doubt any game that met these standards or even surpassed them would be making huge profits. Tell me what you think, I will most likely be adding on this this topic.curivity

I would love to play the game you have envisioned but sadly nothing quite like that exists to my knowledge.

Mage_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Mage_7
Member since 2007 • 1065 Posts

Do you count True Crime series than yes.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muthsera666
Do you count True Crime series than yes.Mage_7
While not what the TC is envision, to my understanding, I have to say that I thought True Crime: Streets of L.A. was a pretty good game. I haven't really tried the second one yet, but the first one was fun.
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Swat 4?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60e77c7b85f2e
Well, I was just trying to spread my idea about. I know a game like that probably wont exist for a few years if at all. This game would take years and years of development but the turnout and the profits would be just awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60e77c7b85f2e

Swat 4?

Ravirr
Well Swat 4 seems to be more of a first person shooter than a RPG game. Plus, I am looking for a constantly changing environment set in the modern era, and more of the police chases and patroling the streets kind of gameplay.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

Real police work isn't fun. Arguing with idiots and filling out paper work.A real police game would be as fun as a janitor game. The police quest games were cool but those were from the early 90's The SWAT 3 & 4 aren't bad, not realistic, but they are fun. SWAT 1 is **** and SWAT 2 is a Command & conquer Style SWAT game which is actually pretty cool one you learn how to play it.

Most gamers are kids and they just want repetetive hollywood style shooting, which is not real police work. Plus the government is real picky when it comes to video games that represent law enforcement, for good reasons.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

[QUOTE="Mage_7"]Do you count True Crime series than yes.muthsera666
While not what the TC is envision, to my understanding, I have to say that I thought True Crime: Streets of L.A. was a pretty good game. I haven't really tried the second one yet, but the first one was fun.

TC: Streets of New York was a pretty terrible game in all honesty. LA was good though.

KLONE360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 KLONE360
Member since 2007 • 1119 Posts
There is A bunch of GMOD servers where its like RL and ppl can be villians and city officials and cops and drug addicts and hobos
GTAIV4LYF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTAIV4LYF
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I added too many mods to my GTA SA and it crashed WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ....yeah im screwed.
ber4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ber4fun
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

the True Crime games were awesome! I miss them...

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
While there are about none that are very realistic, there are several where you take the role within law enforcement. True Crime series. S.W.A.T. series Urban Chaos. Max Payne Condemned : Criminal Origins And the upcoming All Points Bulletin ( You can choose to be a criminal or police officer.)
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

Try one of the Police Quest games...

KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts

Try one of the Police Quest games...

King9999
Man I loved those games! I loved trying to drive on the diagonal highway... ahh good times. Oh, and the locker room. hehehe.
wide_ocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 wide_ocean
Member since 2008 • 288 Posts

Plus the government is real picky when it comes to video games that represent law enforcement, for good reasons.

MagnumPI

Hehe, not really imo, since in GTA SA they were portrayed as drug selling/abusing, corrupt, corpse raping organized criminals.

txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Rescue: The Embassy Mission... now that was an awesome NES game :)

tulipkiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tulipkiya
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts
YAI....LOOKS LIKE....these kind of games...will be recommended....by govt......well GTA is the choise..to be on police strategic...game.s....but if you hate cheats..

[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

Plus the government is real picky when it comes to video games that represent law enforcement, for good reasons.

wide_ocean

Hehe, not really imo, since in GTA SA they were portrayed as drug selling/abusing, corrupt, corpse raping organized criminals.

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
In Playstation one, i has played the game to be an police officer and we can patrol across the city. But i forget the title. It's fun.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 muthsera666
While there are about none that are very realistic, there are several where you take the role within law enforcement. True Crime series. S.W.A.T. series Urban Chaos. Max Payne Condemned : Criminal Origins And the upcoming All Points Bulletin ( You can choose to be a criminal or police officer.) Treflis
While completely not what the TC was looking for, Urban Chaos: Riot Response is an awesome game!
dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#24 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

I'm waiting on L.A. Noire, looks to be pretty interesting.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Try looking into the upcoming APB. Sounds like your kind of thing.
Pirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Pirson
Member since 2006 • 297 Posts

Some of these games sound pretty good. It would be sweet for a modern game about being a police officer.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 muthsera666
I'm waiting on L.A. Noire, looks to be pretty interesting.dazman31
True, that. It does look to be a pretty awesome game.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - All versions of the game where you can chase the racers as cop ;)

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
I was thinking about a game like that aswell, seems cool. Besides the mentioned mods there is APB, but that's not too realistic either :P
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts
[QUOTE="Mage_7"]Do you count True Crime series than yes.muthsera666

I never played New York City, Steets of LA was a great game but was sadly let down by an awful button layout.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Don't think many people read OP.

I'm not aware of any game like that. Though I've hear APB is fun

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#33 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

L.A. Noire is amazing.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Police Force*.

And it's a miserable game. Good for bad videogame drinking nights though, with bros.

LA Noir isn't bad if you want cop drama, Police Quest for point and click, and then there's the SWAT series - most of the others that come to mind have been said in this thread.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Aside from the thread being 2 years old, the fact that it was bumped by an obvious spammer means his/her post shouldn't be quoted. Pleeeeeease gamespotters, don't be doin that :)