Are the Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 worth buying?

jrez7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jrez7
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Just recently bought Resident evil 2 remake and it’s amazing. Just as good as the Resident evil 1 remake if not better.

I never played the revelations games though. Has anyone on here played them or have them? Are they worth buying

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 38609 Posts

Revelations 1/2 are both very different games.

The first Revelations was originally a 3DS title, it's closer to traditional RE games that something like RE4/5/6 with tighter environments and slower paced gameplay. It's the better game IMO.

Revelations 2 is more like Last Of Us with two characters at all times each with different abilities.

It's map design is comparatively poor, lots of wide open square spaces of nothing, and the alternate abilities (particularly Natalie) are monotonous.

It's more of a mixed bag.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9148 Posts

Even as a Jill and Barry Burton fan, found myself struggling to return into these entries. Putting up with the issues, and odd design choices.

They're both pretty gimmicky budget entries, though among the best smaller project games in the series. Loose controls and some input issues in both, not as tight as the main entries. The first one has awful level design and this annoying scanning mechanic. When teamed up with the A.I. they exist only to get in your way, and usually that's one of the games biggest clutches.

The sequel improves a few things but also does a few things worse. For starters, this is closer to 5 and 6, it's primarily a coop game that makes solo players suffer with awful A.I. in the original Revelations the enemies never target them, and for good reason. Here they run to death quicker than Lemmings. Then the one shot-kill invisible enemies. . . Woosh

For both games Raids are really fun and main incentive to play the games.

*I would personally recommend The Evil Within games over these two. Or just (re)buy Resi4.