AQWBlaZer91's Top 10 Countdown: The Top 5 Games of 2020 that I am NOT looking forward to

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

2020 looks like it is going to have some really good games to kick the year off but however it's not to say that there are going to be plenty of bad games as well as those that we are not looking forward to. Here is a Top 5 List of games that I am not looking forward to the most. Why 5? Because I don't think that there is enough games announced so far that would make 10 possible.

5: Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC

Developer: CyberConnect2

This new instalment of the acclaimed Dragon Ball Z franchise looks really incredible and it is going to be an Action RPG but however I am not looking forward to it for the following reason. Everything nearly about it is going to be like other Dragon Ball Z games and being no different from other ones. At this point I would think that Bandai Namco has really milked the franchise to death.

4: Rainbow Six Quarantine

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC/XBox Series X

Developer: Ubisoft

There is a lot of questions I have to ask about Rainbow Six Quarantine, what is this game about? Is it a game about some infection going on, is it a virus spreading out or some zombie game? It is a very strange game to be sure and I don't think that it fits in with the Rainbow Six franchise. Honestly looking forward to it.

3: Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE Encore

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Developer: Atlus/Nintendo

A crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei and this was what we were given when the game originally came out on the Wii U. It lacked the Fire Emblem related elements, the storyline was ridiculous and it relied so much on the modern day Tokyo district setting. Nintendo has announced a Encore addition and they are aiming for a simultaneous world wide release they went for the western version which had various changes made to it which did upset some players. This new version upset Japanese players when they announced it that they are likely not going to look forward to playing the updated version of this overly bizarre game like I am also.

2: Commander Keen Mobile

Developer: Bethesda

Dear god, Bethesda has really been on a roll killing Fallout with Fallout 76, The Elder Scrolls with Elder Scrolls Legends and Doom with PS4/XBox One/Switch and iOS ports which added stupid DRM requirements of needing a Bethesda account just to play it. Now here we are with Commander Keen for Mobile devices and it isn't really a Commander Keen game but a free to play game with microtransactions which shows that the company is just looking for more franchises to put into mobile devices to try and get as much money out of players as much as humanly possible. Just no Bethesda, just no.

1: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: Square Enix

After all of the announcements that it was going to be in multiple parts to being an Action RPG with an added option of being turn based but not looking anywhere turn based as the PSOne masterpiece, I can honestly say that I am NOT looking forward to this game coming out. Sure the entire game is rebuilt from the ground up and the graphics look absolutely superb and the familiar locations of Midgar look incredible with the PS4 technology but the gameplay and the whole game being split into multiple different parts leave a lot to be desired. I would have wanted a full remake of the original PSOne with new updated graphics and it having the turn based gameplay that made the original game good but instead we got another Action RPG Final Fantasy game, one that I think is worse then Final Fantasy XV's combat which makes this my number 1 game that I am not looking forward to.

Are there any other games that you are NOT looking forward to this year?

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Insert any upcoming Sony movie game, I guess. Gonna be annoying seeing people calling crap "the best ever" again.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Nothing for the new consoles. Maybe nothing for the current consoles outside the switch too, really depends on micro transactions and Namco Bandai adds the option to play as a female character in Digimon survive. (Kinda think they are getting a tad lazy the way they dropped female character play ability support after having it in Digimon Cyber sleuth and next order but not in hackers memories.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Finally someone who is not looking forward to Final Fantasy VII Remake as I do. Other than dumbed-down turn-based battle system that is NOTHING to its 1997 original, the biggest red flag for is the episodic content. Yes, it will be broken down to "episodes" and the one that will be coming in this March is not a complete product. Expect the game will be milked for DLCs like FFXV as well.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Unless a game is going out its way to create corrupt money grabbing policies in gaming, making them the norm in our hobby. Or influencing the developers I personally enjoy. Really don't mind (care) what is developed outside my interests.

Story heavy, open world, and games with no substance because they prioritised presentation, are usually the games I'm personally fed-up with. However I think bringing them up for no reason isn't fair to all those people who want to enjoy those games.

As I've noticed in these forums we typically have two kind of Gamers. On one side-

mechanical depth, excellent level design, tight controls, and variation.

And other people want-

a playground map (bigger is better), talkative story, and state of the art/ shiny graphics.