AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

There have been some truly terrible games released in 2019 and it is time as always to talk about the absolute worst of the worst that have come out. Only the most offensive games that were steaming piles of garbage can make it to this list and here they are.

10: Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Platform: PS4/PC/XBox One/Stadia

Developer: Ubisoft

It's no surprise that we got another Ghost Recon with Breakpoint but however it is simply a worsened version of The Division 2 and Destiny 2 in terms of a loot shooter. All of the missions were boring and repetitive, the storyline, characters and dialogue were terrible and the game had to have microtransactions which the game shouldn't have. Also the game was released as a broken, unpolished mess that is full of bugs and glitches. I guess Ubisoft was at their 'Breaking point' when this game released in that state.

9: Contra Rogue Corps

Platform: PS4/XBox One/Switch/PC

Developer: Konami

So Konami ruined with the Metal Gear series and also Silent Hill so what else could they ruin? Why not Contra and here they did with Rogue Corps. When you first look at the game you have to wonder how on earth did they manage to turn Contra into a train wreck? The shooting is atrocious, the controls are infuriating and all of the characters are just one off jokes that don't even belong in a Contra game. Konami, Why does this keep happening to you? Why do you continue to fall from grace this hard? Why do you continue to ruin every franchise that has made you a once respectful company? So what else are you going to ruin now Konami? Castlevania? Yep, I don't think there is going to be any point of redemption with the way you are still doing your business.

8: Fatal Fracture

Platform: Nintendo 3DS

Developer: VG && IG

The Nintendo 3DS once again is lacking in quality First Person Shooters besides Moon Chronicles that Europe didn't get but you would think that Fatal Fracture would be a decent FPS to quiet 3DS owners. But just from at least looking on the Nintendo 3DS EShop Page and noticing the bare bones description that no effort was put into even advertising the game so that means we have yet another wasted opportunity to have a really decent FPS game on the 3DS right? Yes apparently cause the gameplay of Fatal Fracture is completely horrible in both it's graphics and gameplay. Everything about it is very repetitive and boring and also the controls are completely terrible as it doesn't use the Touch Screen Stylus for turning and aiming which would have made the controls mouse like when playing FPS games. Why can't they make Nintendo 3DS FPS not use the Stylus Touch Screen the same way that the old Nintendo DS shooters like Metroid Prime and the DS ports of Call of Duty and Goldeneye Rogue Agent? Instead this game uses the console's 4 face buttons to turn and aim and it is just too difficult to control properly and it is very unreliable for a control scheme when the developers should just use the Stylus Touch Screen to make the gameplay more manageable to control and make it mouse like, the same way the Nintendo DS FPS game have done it.

7: Mario Kart Tour & Dr Mario World

Developer: Nintendo

Nintendo's Dr Mario and Mario Kart IPS have been quite strong on their platforms that is until Nintendo decided to bring their games to mobile gaming because apparently people wanted to play those on their phones instead of on a Gameboy, DS or perhaps the Switch. The games are full with microtransactions where the games force you to fork over the extra cash in order unlock stuff or to even beat them. Mario Kart Tour tries to make it look like you are facing actual players by giving them random names but the races themselves are overly simple and stupid and Dr Mario World throws away a lot of the formula that made Dr Mario an additive puzzle game in the first place. Talk about hitting your Mario games hard with greedy manipulative practices that I for one wouldn't want in these kinds of games.

6: Ancestors The Humankind Odyssey

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Panache Digital Games

Ancestors is one of those games where ideas are there but not everything was fleshed out as it should have been. The repetitive nature of having to deal with constant predators and also having to relearn everything with each new lineage made the game a complete chore from start to finish. The game did so poor that former Assassin's Creed director Patrice Desilets called out to reviewers who reviewed and insisted that they didn't play the game at all because of the mediocre review scores the game was getting on metacritic. That's not enough to save this game from mediocrity and will likely go extinct sometime soon.

5: WWE 2K20

Developer: Visual Concepts

Okay if you guys thought that the Nintendo Switch port of WWE 2K18 was bad then you just have to see for yourself on how bad WWE 2K20 turned out. Yuke who had been working on these WWE games since 2000 decided to leave the franchise and hand the license over to Visual Concepts. What we got was not only one of the worst wrestling games in recent memory but also possibly one of the worst games period. This is another one of those games where it makes you question what in the hell happened!? You can immediately tell that the game was borderline unfinished, it has broken physics, broken controls, broken characters that look like horrible CGI rendered models from the 90s, broken gameplay that hardly ever works and just broken everything. What I absolutely find more offensive that it was sold at full price and yet no one play tested or yet even examined to see if the game actually worked yet they even failed at that. My lord, how did this mess even get released?

4: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition

Platform: PlayStation 4/PC

Developer: Square Enix/Team Ninja

Okay, look guys I know that this is a re-release of a game that was released last year but I seriously need to be completely and thoroughly honest about this. WHAT THE &^%£ WAS THE POINT OF A &^%£”%* FREE EDITION WHEN YOU ALREADY RELEASED THE ORGINAL VERSION OF THE GAME ON PS4 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Dissidia Final Fantasy NT was a terribly flawed fighting game with bad teambased gameplay, horrible controls and lock on mechanics, a stupid storyline that fits as bad internet fanfiction alongside having a session pass. The only thing the so called Free Edition has is the multiplayer mode which can be played either offline or online and you only had 4 characters to play as. 4 CHARACTERS TO PLAY AS!!! and they are randomly swapped every week unless you purchased the DLC which would have given you all of the DLC characters that you can play as. There was simply no point in making a Free Edition when the actual game has already been out last year that you can just get cheaply and get everything including the stupid storyline which I don't even want to talk about especially when I am going to do a full review of this alongside the actual Dissidia Final Fantasy NT game itself. You can tell that Square Enix is now turning this once beloved into a greedy manipulative money grabbing practice which is hurting the series' reputation and this series continues to fall so hard that I continue to question its future.

3: The Entire Bethesda Company

Wow Bethesda you guys really made a mess of yourselves this year and no doubt this was one of the worst years the company has had. The new content for Fallout 76 including a battle royale that the game didn't need in the first place added NPCs alongside other side quests which have been in the game to begin with so that makes the game better right? Nope cause things got worse from here. From bans because of someone having too much ammo or trying to improve the game to the Helmet that was meant to come in the special edition being complete trash and also hackers stealing all players inventory and doing other kinds of exploits to ruin the game on top of more bugs and glitches. To add insult to injury they even said that the 2019 was a good year for Fallout 76. Can I just say that they are complete brain dead liars and idiots for the false claim for this game. Then there was the releases of the games they had up. Rage 2 and Wolfenstein Youngblood weren't really bad games but they both had weak storylines and characters and drawn out open world gameplay made them very meh in compared to many other open world games on the market plus the Switch port of Wolfenstein Youngblood had sightly worse performance issues. You think Bethesda has done enough damage to ID Software's properties right? Nope because they had to ruin one of the gaming industry's greatest game of all time. Doom, how so you may ask, well the ports of Doom I & II on the PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch and iOS suffered from issues like the games running at 30 FPS, the screen resolution not being upscaled to 1080p wide screen, the music is slowed down completely from the original tracks, the Nintendo Switch version crashes a fair amount and the controls on the iOS version are atrocious. The final kicker was the DRM requirement in that in order to play Doom I & II on the next generation platforms you had to have a Bethesda account and sign up to the Slayers Club just to even play the game. Get this, this new version has no online multiplayer at all, not even online co-op just single player or local multiplayer and local co-op they even screwed that up. Why would you even need to have a DRM requirement of having the player to always be online on a game that is now 26 years old with no online play. Okay sure they patched Doom I & II out and they fixed most of the issues including the DRM requirement and you can now play the game offline without need to make a Bethesda account but that doesn't excuse the absolute stupidity and just overall complete brain dead and daft ideas that Bethesda did when they worked on those new ports. Be glad you still have long time Doom fans still hyped for Doom Eternal Bethesda because if it wasn't for that game I don't think you are going to have a pleasant future ahead of you.

2: Left Alive

Platform: PlayStation 4/PC

Developer: Llinx/Square Enix

If you are fan of the Front Mission games then kiss any hopes of a proper series revival because Square Enix once again murders yet another one of their IPs with Left Alive a spinoff game set within the Front Mission universe. It is a stealth game that plays like the Metal Gear Solid games but does everything wrong. The stealth mechanics are broken beyond belief making it nearly impossible to bypass sections without being spotted forcing combat and combat is just clunky, the AI are completely brain dead stupid and take forever to die and worse the checkpoints are spaced too far apart making progress frustrating. The storyline and characters are god awful and everything else that is wrong Left Alive just shows that Square Enix put no time or effort to even make the game even functionable by any standard.

Dishonourable Mentions

Dangerous Driving (PS4/XBox One/PC) Three Fields Entertainment

Eternity The Last Unicorn (PS4/XBox One/PC) Void Studios

The Sinking City (PS4/XBox One/Switch/PC) Frogwares

Bubsy Paws On Fire (PS4/XBox One/Switch/PC) Choice Provisions

Generation Zero (PS4/XBox One/PC) Avalanche Studios

1: Anthem

Developer: Bioware/EA

After all of the years of development, all the years of delay, all of the years of hype and all of the constant announcements that was going on you would think that EA and Bioware would have had something going with Anthem but however after all of that wait and difficulties with development Anthem was finally released and it was possibly one of the biggest flops of the year. Everything about the game was unfinished and unrealized, from the grindy gameplay forcing you to grind achievements to even continue the game, combat is far too overwhelming with everybody throwing all kinds of abilities at every couple of seconds, the game engine was completely unoptimized and the game has a ton of bugs and glitches that it almost makes the game unplayable and worse it crashes a lot and on the PS4 version it bricked PS4 consoles. Most of the time spent on Athem was having to sit through loading screens and even then there was a chance that you would be disconnected from the server alongside many performance issues that patches couldn't fix. On top of being released unfinished, it failed to meet the company's expectations and all of the planned roadmap future content that the game was going to have was cancelled giving the game the final nail on the coffin. I've never seen a massive flop from EA as bad as Anthem next to Star Wars Battlefront II (2017), after Apex Legends showed that EA can possibly turn things around but nope it shows that EA can still mess up a game and prove that they are the biggest sloop of a game company ever making this my pick for the worst game of 2019.

There were plenty of bad games out there that were released, tell me what other games that were complete and utter terrible. Hope you guys had a fantastic 2019 and let us look forward to 2020 and let us hope that 2020's game turn out better then some of the games we had in 2019.

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

WWE should be #1 haha