AQWBlaZer91's Top 10 Countdown: The Top 10 Worst Games of 2017

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

2017 comes to a close, so many memorable and enjoyable games came out and new generation of hardware has been launched. As always we all have to talk about the best and worst games that have come out in 2017, but of course we all have to talk about the worst of the worst first. Let's be reasonable here this year has had it's share of awful games that we need to clean our hands from the filth that some that you are about to see on this list.

Rules:

• European releases only

• No Indie Games including one such indie game which is so disgusting it shouldn't be allowed to be seen on this list.

• No ports or remakes of older games

10: Reservoir Dogs Bloody Days

Platform: PC/XBox One

Developer: Big Games

These guys have got themselves a game aright but possibly one that they shouldn't have. It's a top down with a rewind time mechanic that is actually useless because switching timelines is too unpredictable and it causes you to lose in a lot of ways. It's more easier just to use the restart button and you will be doing that a lot due to the bad level design and terrible combat. You're better off watching the film that this game is supposedly based on.

9: Drive Girls

Platform: PSVita

Developer: Tamsoft

Girls who can transform into cars...okay then. Japanese games these days do get creative when the developers show the strange humour that they have and those make them enjoyable but then you get Drive Girls on the PSVita which shows it strange a game can be but really ruin everything on execution. The game has you playing as one of the girls as you struggle with the terrible car handling mechanics which leave you slamming into walls more then the actual enemies. Least this game ends in about 5 hours which should be the amount of fuel needed to survive this mess.

8: Deformers

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Ready At Dawn

Physics has a thing that works really well and this is something that Ready At Dawn didn't quite get with Deformers. Rolling around and slamming into each other should have been fine if the physics worked but instead the game's physics were all over the place making it difficult to hit anybody in the game. You can top that off with horrible graphics and being very little game modes and of course there is microtransactions in the game which has no real purpose for being there.

7: Road Rage

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Team 6 Studios

This game sure knows how to cause a road rage aright but possibly a road rage where we should rage at the developers how much of a rushed job they did with this game. Outdated graphics combined with terrible controls and gameplay and there is no variety in any of the modes. If you really want to have some proper road combat action then play the Road Rash games instead.

6: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Mega Battle

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment

You know when licensed media gets an overload and it becomes hard to control that is the case with the Power Rangers. Hey when something good comes out of it that's understandable but not with this game. Instead you get stages where enemies spend time wondering around mostly instead of fighting back. Boss battles are boring as you wait for their attack to finish before you can actually do some damage to them and the Megazord Battles are quick time events. This game was made for babies wasn't it?

5: Double Dragon IV

Platform: PlayStation 4/PC/Nintendo Switch

Developer: Arc System Works

There are always old games where we can all relive our nostalgia of the past and then there is Double Dragon IV which takes all that nostalgia and flushes them down the toilet. It's a side scrolling beat em up which should have good controls right, wrong! Instead it's a clunky mess with badly stiff controls, awful hit detection and boring level design. Also didn't we already have a Double Dragon IV called Super Double Dragon? So why do we need this?

4: Bubsy The Woolies Strike Back

Platform: PlayStation 4/PC

Developer: Black Forest Games

Oh please god no! Not that annoying bobcat again! Yes that's right Bubsy is back 10 years after Bubsy 3D which is on records for being one of the worst video games of all time. I was hoping never to see that annoying freak again but alas here he is trying to compete with the best of the best but he'll need more then 9 lives to even try and stand on top. Poorly designed levels, awful gameplay, very mediocre graphics and to top it off it's a very short game which is not excusable. Bubsy might as well throw his 9 lives away again and hopefully never came back.

3: Final Fantasy (As in the Whole Franchise)

Look I know there are dozens properly saying to me right now “Oh no another Final Fantasy game that's on this very list. Why do you put Final Fantasy on your worst games of the year lists?” Yes I am well aware that this is becoming a thing of me every single time I make a worst games of whatever year this is list but this honesty is the harsh reality that we need to understand. I could ignore that we have more Final Fantasy XIV expansions to put up with or that I never wanted a Final Fantasy XII Remastered when the game was originally a gigantic mess in the first place there you go. Instead I will be talking about the Final Fantasy game that (to be honest) did not live up to the whole ten year hype. Yes the game sold extremely well, that's lucky in a way but because of those sales Square Enix decided to expand upon the universe of XV and almost ruin the whole thing. Last year they released an anime and a full length movie which weren't all that good but this year Final Fantasy XV sure went out on the offensive this time. Aside from constant patches with gameplay changes that should have been in the game from the start don't really make the game any better or any enjoyable after we beat the game a full year ago but we got additional episodes, a multiplayer expansion, The Regalia Car Skin in Forza Horizon 3 as well as attempts to fix chapter 13 which was one of the worst chapters in the whole game. Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto and Episode Ignis. Every single one of them did not fix up the story in any way and instead adds more layer of convoluted nonsense plus their gameplay aren't all that good either. On top of that there is Final Fantasy XV Monsters of the Deep which is a VR fishing game in which is completely stupid and also a strategy mobile game Final Fantasy XV A New Empire. Hey why don't we throw Assassin's Creed outfits in there for the main characters too just because they want to make money out of it. I would call this the worst example of a quick cash in or the worst example of wanting to milk as much money from the fan base as possible but I don't think that this it's the case. It's more just because the main game sold so well that we should expand upon it and slowly kill the whole thing in the process. There is also a mobile port Final Fantasy XV, a pc port of XV and also more Episodic DLC coming out in 2018. Oh boy I don't think things are going to get any better in the Final Fantasy line up and I will be honest I don't think I want to know how it's going to get any worse.

2: Vroom in the Night Sky

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Developer: PoiSoft

Wroom might as well be called booooooo because this is one of the most boring looking and enjoyable games of this year. The text translation is terrible almost to the point where it becomes cringe inducing. The game has you guiding the magical girl Luna to magical gates well at least try to cause of how awful the controls are alongside tedious and boring missions. Guess what this game is a Switch launch title. Wow, inexcusable PoiSoft just inexcusable!

1: EA (As in the Whole Company)

I honestly cannot believe what I have seen this year with EA and let me tell you they really did it this time. They are indeed best known for doing some of the worst business practices and it is not the first time they have done this but this year they took their evil business model to a whole level. All that began with Mass Effect Andromeda and the Mismanagement of BioWare Montreal. Mass Effect Andromeda had all sorts of hype and the Montreal team where given the chance to shine however the game experienced a troubled production cycle that saw many members of its team depart mid-project and numerous changes in creative vision. It was going to be built using the Frostbite 3 engine, which required everything to be built from scratch which forced the developers to rush the project. When the game finally came out it a ton of technical problems, dozens of bugs and bizarre animations which are a laugh to look at. Now let me reasonable here Mass Effect Andromeda did get patches for Single Player till Bioware said that they won't be patching any more of that and instead focus on patching the multiplayer and the game itself wasn't all that awful but we would have expected better from the series or at least something on par with the previous entries. EA shut down another company and that was Visceral Studios, the guys who worked on the creepy but entertaining Dead Space games and have now taken Respawn Entertainment with a $300m deal so that they can continue to make games for them. The worst comes from the release of Star Wars Battlefront II which has the most blatant use of pay to win gaming ever. Ignoring the Single Player campaign and the ridiculous idea of having heroes and villains from all eras of the films fighting on the same sides as Clone Troopers and Separatist Droids it's the loot crate system which single handily kills this game. You can cross your fingers and hope that you can get the star cards you want from a loot crate or you can instantly spend real money on a ton of loot crates which will give you a ton of star cards, credits, crafting parts and so forth without having to put any effort. If you chose not to spend any money on microtransactions then the progression system you had to do to get any actual build progress going in the game was just notorious. This is now because EA chooses to no longer do any proper Single Player games and instead target multiplayer games with the use of mircrotransactions to get as much money from the consumer as humanly possible. Well EA decided to remove the option of having to buy loot crates with real money but it doesn't excuse that the game was designed around the pay to win model. This got a lot of negative response from fans and EA lost $3 billion in funds which is just...wow. There are also now partitions online from fans requesting Disney to take the Star Wars license away from EA so that they can never make a Star Wars game again and I have to say, maybe it's for the best because EA underestimated the force and simply don't know the power of the darkside. So EA what's it like being on the sides of bad game companies like Majesco, Telegames, Phoenix Games or Titus.

Do you agree with this list? What other abominations did you experience in 2017?

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

"top 10 worst games" ...including devs

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AQWBlaZer91 said:

@MonsieurX: If Projared counts companies in his worst games list then so can I.

So...if someone else can be stupid, you can be stupid too?