AQWBlaZer91's Top 10 Countdown: The Top 10 Worst Games of 2016

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

It's that time of the year again where we look at the best of the best and the worst of the worst games that came out this year. This year had some truly amazing titles but we had some really bad games. As always I will start off by labelling out the worst games that have came out this year. Oh yeah, we had plenty of those.

Rules:

• No remakes or ports of older games

• Only games released in Europe count

• One game per franchise

10: Breached

Platform: PC

Developer: Drama Drifters

Breached may have some nice landscapes that are worth exploring but however the game's controls were just clunky and the tutorials do a terrible job of explaining the game's mechanics. If you want to even have a chance at Breached you need to play through it multiple times because the exploration portions are weak and resource management is very difficult.

9: Ace Banana

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: TVR

What you need to say about this game is that it is a archery game where you protect your banana friends from primates but infact you should be protecting your bananas from bad gameplay design. First of which are the game's controls tend to glitch out and the aiming is inconstant even with a steady hand. In the end Ace Banana was a near uncontrollable mess that didn't give the PlayStation VR a worthwhile launch title it needed.

8: The God's Chain

Developer: CRASS Infotech

God has unleashed an unholy excuse of a game with The God's Chain. It's not just an ugly game with such terrible graphics but it's a nearly unplayable mess with tons of bugs and glitches which ruin what have been just a simple game. Please pray that you don't ever spend your money on this abomination.

7: Ghostbusters

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One

Developer: Fireforge Games

This year I got to see my childhood by destroyed by not only the horrible Ghostbusters 2016 movie reboot but also the 2016 video game. I don't know what's worse, the 2016 reboot or this game. Featuring unenjoyable and very boring gameplay even for the price they charge for it, this new Ghostbusters game was just a total waste. The developers even filed for bankruptcy three days after the release of the game and are now in debt.

6: Metroid Prime Federation Force

Platform: Nintendo 3DS

Developer: Next Level Games

In E3 2015 Nintendo announced a new Metroid game which was a multiplayer game and no body wanted it. As much as I hate to admit it but they were right. Metroid Prime Federation Force is just an attempt at a 4 player co-operative with brand name to try and compete with other multiplayer shooters even if it has some resemblance to the franchise. I wanted to at the very least give this game a chance but what ruins it so much is the controls which are just horrible lacking the stylus control option that Metroid Prime Hunters had. I understand that they wanted the controls to resemble the original Gamecube games but come on we are past that now.

5: Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: Tri-ace/Square Enix

Square Enix's RPG lineup has fallen hard on hard times with their recent releases and often have released some truly disappointing titles. That seems fitting when they release Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness cause you know that there was no faith when developing this travesty. The story was weak and lame, the voice acting, writing and dialogue was laughable, not even the death of an important character has no emotional punch put into it. Lastly the combat system mechanics simply doesn't work properly as it should forcing you to relay on spamming attacks or items or manually control the healer to win. It even lacks the Blindside mechanic which made Star Ocean The Last Hope's battle system incredible. It just shows that not all RPGs from Square Enix are guaranteed to be masterpieces.

4: No Man's Sky

Platform: PlayStation 4/PC

Developer: Hello Games

I saw previews and huge announcements of it since the showing of the PlayStation 4, everything about No Man's Sky was going to be awesome like it was going to be a big deal. Instead it became one of the most disappointing and hated games of this year. It had a confusing interface with very limited inventory slots which made the game very monotonous. It also suffered with performance issues at launch especially the PC version and lastly the game gain much negativity after release and the player base dropped so fast. The developers did eventually release some patches to fix the game up but the damage has been done.

3: Alekhine's Gun

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Haggard Games

Alekhine's Gun is stealth action game that had some ideas but it was just so badly executed. It ended being loaded with tons of bugs and glitches alongside having terrible gameplay and various performance problems. It just hide from those can it?

2: Bombshell

Developer: Interceptor Entertainment

During Gearbox Software's lawsuit against Interceptor regarding Duke Nukem Mass Destruction the upcoming game was changed and their main character was also changed into Shelly Harrison who originally should have been supporting character for Duke Nukem. What happened afterwords the new game become Bombshell which is arguably rated as one of the top worst games due to performance problems and tons of bugs. It was just a bland, enjoyable mess that is light on RPG mechanics, terrible voice acting and bad writing.

Dishonourable Mentions:

Dangerous Golf (PS4)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)

Hardware: Rivals (PC)

MagNets: Fully Charged (PC)

1: Umbrella Corps

Platform: PlayStation 4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Capcom

What's so sad about this game? That Capcom would take a survival horror franchise and turn it into a competitive online component. That's right how they could get away with putting Resident Evil into something like that is unforgivable. You take place in various areas which are only disguised as familiar locations in the Resident Evil universe in 2 teams competing against each other in objective based missions. Combat controls are awful especially when trying to use cover and you can easily win matches with an overpowered axe called the Brainer which makes every match a joke. It's just a mix up of ideas from other competitive shooters which simply don't work well and makes the spot of the worst game of 2016.

Do you agree with this list? What other bad games you hated this year?

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

No Man's Sky would definitely be the most disappointing game of the year, though I wouldn't consider it the absolute worst, as some of those other entries are barely functional by comparison. I got 30 hours out of NMS before giving up on its painful monotony.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I personally voted for Star Ocean 5 for failing to deliver its promises.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I barely played any new games from this year, and I quite enjoyed the ones I did play. I guess if I had to pick one I enjoyed the least I'd say Camp Sunshine on Steam, but even then it was decent and the developer has since released patches to improve it overall.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Shadow of the Beast (PS4) is more deserving of this list than some I read. The Input commands for SotB are terrible, and has more QTEs than any released game in 2016 (probably). I don't know anyone who was satisfied with SotB. If that didn't release in Europe? Congratulations are in order.

I've heared and read mixed views on No Mans Sky, and seems it's an ok game, but that's not what people 'hoped' for. Followers wanted something beyond what a small Indie developer could deliver. Didn't help that the developer flat-out lied about multiplayer possibilities_

Mutants in Manhattan was a bad Platinum game, but pretty ok as far as a TMNT game is concerned.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

#5 AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

@lembu90: No kidding. I am only a few early into it myself and I can really the worst sides of it already.