AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

There were plenty of good E3 reveal trailers that were really incredible to watch but then we had plenty of terrible, boring and downright awful announcements we wish should not have been shown at E3. Here I will be listening the worst of the worst and the biggest disappointments that this years E3 has slapped us so hard on.

10: Shenmue III

We begin this list with talk about Shenmue III, don't get me wrong I am looking forward to it as much as anyone else that is if you are not talking about the PC version release. Turns out the PC port was going to be an Epic Games Store exclusive despite numerous kickstarters backing and opting to be put onto Steam. PC players become overly outraged by this and wanted refunds from pre-orders only for them to be refused. The developer is looking into refunds while stating that the Epic Games Store Exclusivity deal is lasting for one year. If that isn't enough the Steam store page still has the game announced but however with a Coming Soon slapped on it. Talk about rough business.

9: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine

Okay Ubisoft really showed off a lot of Tom Clancy announcements including new content for The Division 2, Ghost Recon Break Point and also this one. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine is a different game in the series of games but however it is really difficult to tell what they are hyping this game up for. It is a survival game for sure but what really happened in the trailer was confusing and had no idea about whey they were up against. Infected mutants, zombies or whatever it is a bizarre take on the franchise and I can't see this one doing well.

8: Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind DLC

Square Enix recent announcement for Kingdom Hearts III's DLC was something that wasn't even presented well. All it had was just the video and music playing but however with no voices or sound effects at all. It felt like a rushed announcement at most and everything else felt very confusing and very awkward. It is something that would only pass for a social media post. This is E3 Square Enix and you should know better then this.

7: Battletoads

Last year Microsoft announced at last year's E3 an all new Battletoads game and this year we got to see some new gameplay of it and oh boy were fans p***ed of about it. Look I am the person played any of the Battletoads games but fans were not happy with the change in the artstyle. It looks like a cheaply made cartoon made on a small budget with the Toads and the Dark Queen look absolutely nothing like how they should have been constantly wanting the artstyle to be changed. Seeing how it is developed so far I don't think that is going to happen.

6: CrossFire X

During this game's announcement Phil Spencer went on about how this is one of the most popular games on the PC and that it would be for the first time it was coming to XBox One. First of all no body knows what CrossFire really was to begin with and yet he went up on stage stating that it was a renowned franchise in the west. So CrossFire to anyone who doesn't know what it is it was a Counter Strike clone that was Free to Play and it was mainly popular in China. The trailer showcased for it didn't really show what the game was supposed to be even about and everything about the showcased was a complete mess of miscommunication.

5: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Oh great, it's one thing that Square Enix does a ton of ports and re-releases of so many past Final Fantasy games but then we get not only the long awaited Final Fantasy VII Remake that many fans have been awaiting for and then this appeared. Well this may not be as disappointing of an announcement as say the PS4 Final Fantasy VII port which showed the PC port of the game but come on a port of one of the controversial and disappointing instalments of the franchise. That's right they finally touch Final Fantasy VIII and do a port of the game for next generation players cause they had at one stage right? There really is nothing to be amazed about this remastered as all it is is just the game running at 1080p resolution with updated graphics and nothing else. Drawing Magic from Enemies was a chore and the level scaling makes certain fights just rather unfair and the story just becomes convoluted to follow. Plus Squall is an unlikeable protagonist anyway.

4: Commander Keen Mobile

How could anyone allow this to happen? If you saw the logo you wouldn't think it was a franchise reboot but it is. Commander Keen one of ID Softwares first ever games they ever created before creating the FPS genre with Wolfenstein 3D and Doom and it was a action platformer game where you played as Keen who was a boy genius who fought against the aliens. It is just unforgivable to see the beloved platforming hero get turned into a mobile game where the artstyle looks nothing like Commander Keen and the gameplay is just well just see for yourself. It is properly going to be filled with micro-transactions just like what they have done with The Elder Scrolls Blades and it was bad enough that EA did this with Command & Conquer last year. Why does this keep happening with some dead franchises returning as mobile games? I just want this to stop before any more franchises fall under this wagon!

3: Fallout 76 New Content

Okay Bethesda screwed up real badly with the release of Fallout 76 last year. It was a complete buggy and unpolished multiplayer experience that was even more bugged up then Fallout 4 and New Vegas combined. Also it lacked NPC's and a proper reason to even exist any more. Well Bethesda sure wanted to try and fix up that mess by adding in NPCs each with a story and consequences which is something they should have done in the beginning and also a Battle Royale mode possibly only for the 76 people that are somehow for whatever reason still playing this steaming pile of garbage. The biggest disgusting thing about the announcement is not only where the creators of the game laying about how the game ended up being such a popular game but also people applauded for the added content like how would they like such a lying excuse of a conference just for some content that should have been in the game from the start. If you are lacking in game content or was broken at launch how would anyone be interested to come back to it after how broken it was?

2: Too Many Mobile Game Announcements

Dear god there were loads of Mobile Game Announcements that really assaulted the E3 Conferences. Bethesda not only ruined the show with the Commander Keen Mobile game but they showed two more mobile games coming soon like Elder Scrolls Legends, Square Enix showed Final Fantasy Brave Exvius War of the Visions, Ubisoft gave Tom Clancy fans Tom Clancy Elite Squad and Microsoft had a GEARS game that was styled around the Funko Pop toys. These announcements were not share holders they were made as nothing more then to act as Free to Play garbage with plenty of pay walls which is where I swear the developers get all their hard earned money from. Nobody goes to E3 to see countless mobile games and to waste their time and money on Free to Play games that are just going to pay walls on top of it. Seriously this is the kind of thing that really, really hurts the gaming world so much.

Dishonourable Mentions

Mythic Quest TV Show

Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers

1: EA as in the Whole Conference

Dear goodness, EA sure left us with another disappoint E3 Conference this year. Most of the announcements they had up where just extra content for existing games and nothing else. Sure they showed a demo for the upcoming Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order but that doesn't excuse the boring conference they showed. This is E3 EA and you properly should have had something else big for your conference panel. It was so boring that I actually fell asleep during it and perhaps missed something important. Oh year a proper announcement which was something that EA didn't have, making this my pick for the worst announcement panel at E3.

Do you agree with this list? What other announcements of E3 2019 left you most disappointed?

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

At least Final Fantasy VIII Remaster still true to its original turn-based format, unlike real-time hack-and-slash crap like FF VII Remake.