AQWBlaZer91's Top 10 Countdown: The Top 10 PSOne Games that should be included in the PlayStation Classic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

Right now everyone is talking about the recent announcement of the PlayStation Classic which will feature 20 games from the original PlayStation library, a smaller design of the original console as well as two old fashioned digital controllers. I would complain about why they didn't include an AC Adapter or why they are not using the Dual Shock controllers instead but I would like comments like that to the actual review of the device. Instead I will be doing a Top Ten list of PSOne games that should be on the PlayStation Classic system. There are plenty of amazing PlayStation Classics that still stand the test of time I can only limit my options to ten. I would like to mention that five games are announced for the system so five of the games from the series they are from will not be mentioned here. I will try to include amazing PSOne games that can be played fine with digital controllers and also include games from game developers who are still on board.

10: Spyro The Dragon

Developer: Insomniac Games

Starting the list of we have the amazing platformer from Insomniac Games the guys also responsible for the Resistance franchise. Spyro was an enjoyable platformer with many challenging stages, plenty of collectables to get and impressive graphics for it's time. The series is indeed getting the remastered treatment the same way Crash Bandicoot got last year with the trilogy being remastered but I'm sure PSOne lovers would like to see the games on PSOne Classic as well.

9: Crash Bandicoot

Developer: Naughty Dog

A brilliant series which helped market the PlayStation platform. While it wasn't on the bar with Super Mario 64 it sure helped raise the competition and give the platforming genre a start on the brand thanks to challenging but additive gameplay and plenty of humour. The original PSOne games did recently get mastered last year for next gen hardware but we would like to step into Crash's old boots again and get blown up in style once more in old school form.

8: Gran Turismo

Developer: Sony

Gran Turismo's impressive racing gameplay and graphics truly made the game one of the best selling games on the original PlayStation hardware. You couldn't just race in standard tracks but you could also earn yourself a licence in the Simulation Mode and unlock additional cars and tracks.

7: Tomb Raider

Developer: CORE

The Tomb Raider series has had multiple changes throughout the years but the original games on the PSOne where amazing for their gameplay. The combat was great, the puzzles were complex but enjoyable to figure out and all of the areas you explored were truly stunning. We would like to explore those old ruins and temples in the original PSOne games on PlayStation Classic.

6: Resident Evil 2

Developer: Capcom

Capcom has had it rather with their recent titles but have gotten redemption with the recent Resident Evil games. As much we are truly looking forward to the upcoming remastered Resident Evil 2 we would like to go back to those fixed camera angles in the PSOne classic.

5: Silent Hill

Developer: Konami

As much as anyone has plenty of beef to have with Konami we can't deny that the old Konami games were fantastic and we would like to see some of that amazing talent again. Silent Hill is one of them, set in a creepy foggy town the scares were tense and frightening and the setting itself was incredibly disturbing unlike most horror games.

4: Suikoden II

Konami's Suikoden games were brilliant for the characters and storyline and the battle system was incredible even the impressive wars you get which spice the game up. What's incredible about it is that you get to recruit over 100 characters to your party, most of which open up new things for you or join you in battle.

3: Grandia

Developer: Game Arts

Of all the RPGs on the original PlayStation Grandia remains the best, many will argue that FFVII or FFIX but however in terms of gameplay, soundtrack and story Grandia is amazing on all of those points. What made Grandia an instant fan favourite was it's unique levelling system where attacks gain experience if you use them in battle and the battle system was also very rewarding. If you can deal a critical attack on an enemy as it is getting ready to act it cancels their move set them back on the timer. It's one of the more enjoyable combat systems in any turn based RPG.

2: Castlevania Symphony of the Night

The Castlevania game that took Castlevania in a different direction and it was truly a brilliant move. While it kept the side scrolling action element the big change was adding an RPG element with multiple areas to explore, secrets to find, many different weapons and abilities to use, save points and of course the cheesy voice acting and fantastic soundtrack was one of the best in all of gaming. We would like to sink our teeth to experience this outstanding PlayStation Classic on the upcoming PlayStation Classic system.

Honourable Mentions

Tales of Destiny (Bandai Namco Entertainment)

Grand Theft Auto (Rockstar Studios)

PaRappa the Rapper (Japan Studio)

Twisted Metal (Sony)

Klonoa Door to Phantomile (Bandai Namco Entertainment)

Parasite Eve (Square Enix)

Crash Team Racing (Naughty Dog)

1: Metal Gear Solid

A Hideo Kojima masterpiece, a video game where it had amazing story telling cutscenes with memorable characters that had depth and care but really solid gameplay that relied on stealth rather then just going in guns blazing. For one of the best PSOne games of all time to be this game it would be foolish to not have this on the PlayStation Classic but then again Konami threw out Kojima and really took the Metal Gear franchise in the wrong direction so there's that.

Do you agree with this list? What other PSOne games should be on the PlayStation Classic?

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3471 Posts

How can you forget to add Driver? Such an incredible game.