AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

The previous decade of gaming has come to an end and we begin 2020 and the new decade with a fresh look into the next generation of gaming. As always I will be talking about the following ten games that I will be looking forward to the most.

10: Dreams

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: Media Molecule

Kicking off this list is a game creation tool where you can create user generated content and games so that you can share with friends allowing you to create fully fledged games. It's a lot like with the Little Big Planet games but with a lot more stuff that you can do to create your own content to share. We can look forward to generating our own content this February which is an awesome thing. Being from the developer who worked on the Little Big Planet and Tearaway games we can expect amazing things from this.

9: Godfall

Platform: PlayStation 5

Developer: Counterplay Games

During the Game Of The Year Awards we got a look at one of the PS5 upcoming launch games with Godfall from Counterplay Games. It is going to be a Third Person Hack & Slasher and from the trailers it looks really incredible. Hope this turns out to be a great launch title for Sony's upcoming new console.

8: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Developer: Nintendo

Zelda Breath of the Wild was one of Nintendo's best outings with the Zelda series and it was one of the best games for the Switch and Wii U. Recently we were given a trailer for what could be a sequel. Although not much information was given but we can hope that this game holds up to the same high standards as the original Breath of the Wild.

7: Ghost of Tsushima

Developer: Sucker Punch Productions

After a fair amount of trailer reveals we have a final release date for the upcoming game from Sucker Punch Productions and everything that was promised of this game so far is incredible. The combat looked sick and the presentation is superb. Can't wait to check this one out.

6: Cyberpunk 2077

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC/Stadia

Developer: CD Project Red

CD Project Red has given gamers a lot of promise with the upcoming open world game set in the cyberpunk setting. It is going to have John Wick himself in the game Keanu Reeves and so far they have promised so much and we have a release date this year so we can finally look forward to Cyberpunk being good.

5: Persona 5 Royal

Developer: P-Studio/Atlus

2017's Persona 5 was a huge superb game and now we are getting an updated Royal version of Persona 5. It is going to be an updated game with a new character, a new palace, more plot and social elements as well as a third semester and a few more other changes. Persona 5 was such an amazing game and yes this is just going to be just and updated game with some new stuff but I'm sure this will be an amazing update and it will be ready to steal our hearts again.

4: The Last of Us Part II

Developer: Naughty Dog

Set five years after the events of the first game we can finally get control of Ellie once again in her adventure to survive against a mysterious cult and mutated strain of Cordyceps and search for Noel. All of the gameplay trailers that were shown for this game were extremely promising and it looks that can surpass the original in every way.

3: Resident Evil 3

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Capcom

Sometime after Capcom released Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 last year they have been on a roll and worked their way back up and proved that they still have a lot of creative talent in them. Now they have announced Resident Evil 3 and the trailers is so amazing. Capcom has been on a streak so far and I believe they are going to pull off a hat trick with the Resident Evil 3 Remaster.

2: Doom Eternal

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC/Stadia/Switch

Developer: id Software

Okay Bethesda have really been at their worst and they have been hurting fans so much but I'm sure all of us are still hyped for Doom Eternal and the final release date is this year. We can't wait to go back to hell and deliver and most brutal blow to the demons. Doom can hopefully recover after the whole DRM incident last year and hope we don't need to log into a Bethesda account to play this and Doom 64 which is also coming soon.

1: Tales of Arise

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment

This is it, my hyped game of 2020, Tales of has been fighting hard to reclaim it's audience, Tales of Berseria shows that the series has still got a lot left and there is dozens of hope that fans especially those in the west can finally play the Tales games that never came outside Japan. Eitherway Tales of Arise is unlike anything in the Tales of Series, it looks like it is going to have openworld free form combat system and the graphics on it look nothing like previous games in the series. Immediately this game looks like it is going to be perhaps the best Tales of Instalment yet and I can't wait for the full release.

What are your other Anticipated Games of 2020? Oh you noticed that I didn't have Final Fantasy VII Remake on the list, well be sure to check out the games of 2020 that I am not looking forward to coming soon.

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Sometime after Capcom released Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 they have been on a roll and worked their way back up and proved that they still have a lot of creative talent in them.

. . ?

Capcom was on a roll since 2018 with its best selling title ever. Monster Hunter: World is a global success and arguably the biggest risk/ show of change in any of the companies line-up. While I like both DMC5 and especially Resi2Remake; neither franchise are as big, or as impactful as what MH has shown.

I think simply brushing Monster Hunter aside has become too much an odd thing for well over a decade on forums GS and GFAQ.

After World, the excuse to do so leaves me speechless. Monster Hunter is simply too big to ignore now folks!

Capcom has been on a streak so far and I believe they are going to pull off a hat trick with the Resident Evil 3 Remaster.

Calling a remake a "remaster" just rubs me the wrong way_

Remasters is just the modern term for 'port'. And a remake is so much more.

-

Aside from that I don't mind the listings (despite one already technically being already released). As such would have assumed the new Half Life would have made such a list. Anyway will share a few thoughts_

Shocked at Dreams considering it technically was already sold at full-price. They called it Early Access but I dunno. Love Media Molecule- Tearaway and Little Big Planet (not the terrible third game) are masterpieces. Yet I felt Dreams is too "wobbly". And certainly lacks a particular focus that the previous two create series had. Dreams seemed to reach for space and got lost along the way.

Cyber Punk could be very interesting but have found CDPR fans to be less than realistic in terms to how the game will actually be. I consider it following Deus Ex, so if it can be as good as Human Revolution? I'll jump in. Depends, a big wait and see. Will evaluate unbias opinions upon release and not a flock of fanbois.

D00M: Eternal is mostly a hunch. . But as a supporter of D00M(2016) I'm not on-board with the new game. Seems so desperate to be "cool" over being a competent id Software shooter. Seems to be Rage packaged in a new skin, without cars. And I am not going for it. Now D00M 64? Yes please. I think that's a grossly overlooked entry.

The Last of Us Part II is an auto-skip. I tried the first, liked sections, ultimately wasn't for me. Not really a fan of games with that particular roller-caster pacing. Prefer fluid rhythm over activating yet another scripted set-piece after another. My same thought are similar with a few franchises that have this, I've been fed up with them since Half Life 2 that started the trend (it's not a cutscene but you'll 'still' have to wait for us all to shut-up)

Back onto Resident Evil 3: Last Escape. Love the original and all the awesome mechanics it brought to the series; and continued to be used through the franchise. Yet I understand some don't like the first hour reusing assets from the previous game, and just one campaign. This remake seems to have been in development for sometime and am excited to see how it differs from last years entry.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

#2 AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Oh yes Monster Hunter Worlds is great too, although I am not really someone who is into the Monster Hunter Series. Still regardless Capcom is on a massive roll and I am please they got their best talents in the game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34558 Posts

Your username made me think this was spam.

Anywho.. some of my most anticipated:

DOOM Eternal
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Monster Hunter: Iceborn (PC)
Elden Ring

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@Litchie said:

Your username made me think this was spam.

Anywho.. some of my most anticipated:

DOOM Eternal

Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Monster Hunter: Iceborn (PC)

Elden Ring

And that's the problem. I know the TC is a well known user but his/her name is off putting and almost took him as a spambot but at least he as an avatar/sig so that's saying somehting he/she isn't a spambot. Spambots do not bother with avatars/sigs at all.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

5 tales of arise 4 elders ring 3 nhio2 & ori 2 2 resident evil 3 & halo infinite 1 final fantasy 7 remake& cuberpunk 2077 i wait last of us 2 and ghost of tsuzhima on ps5 launch