AQWBlaZer91's Top 10 Countdown: The Top 10 Games of 2021 that I am not looking forward to

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 352

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 772 Posts

With the hopes of trying to get our lives back during the pandemic we can look forward to new games coming out in 2021 as well as ones that we are not looking forward to. Here are the following ten games that I am looking forward to playing this year.

10: The Outlast Trials

Developer: Red Barrels

Outlast was a truly scary where you had to run and hide from your pursuers, Outlast 2 while it delivered on the scares it didn't live up to the design, gameplay difficulty and story. Now we have announced in addition to an Outlast 3 is The Outlast Trials which is a Multiplayer focused game where you and other players trapped in a Cold War Experiment. A multiplayer Outlast game seems kind of less scary if you think about it and also because of how sloppy Outlast 2 did The Outlast Trials might not be so good.

9: The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

Platform: PS4, PS5, XBox One, XBox Series X, PC

Developer: Supermassive Games

While Supermassive's Until Dawn was an excellent horror story driven game where it made the everybody can die aspect work so you can see how the storyline plays. The Dark Pictures Anthology games are the complete opposite, they are full of we tricked you gameplay which acted out as cheap punishments against the player and the characters are uninteresting and are unlikeable that not any of their deaths matter. They released two games of possibly five games and I don't think any of the remaining chapters they are going to release are going to get any better.

8: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Platform: XBox One, XBox Series X, PC

Developer: GSC Game World

S.T.A.L.K.E.R was a competent open world game that held its own but the later games really lowered the bar in comparison to games like Fallout 3 and Metro. S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 has been in development hell being announced back in August 2010 and things have gone rough from engine changes to publishing difficulties. Now with 2021 it would seem to we are going to have a new game in the series but I seriously doubt the wait isn't worth it. Hey it's been since 2009's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that we had a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Game.

7: Resident Evil 4 Remake

Developer: Capcom

While it is impossible to deny the impact Resident Evil 4 had on players from the third person behind the camera perspective to the tense action set pieces but however giving how many platforms it has touched do you think that Resident Evil 4 even deserves a Remake? Sure modern Third Person gameplay controls would be a welcome but in all honestly it doesn't really deserve a Remake but rather a Remastered treatment instead. They could have just done a complete graphics overhaul and make the newer versions look more better which is what they should have done with the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 versions and upwards instead of releasing them as lazy upscaled ports. In all honestly if there is a Resident Evil game that is deserving of a Remake it is Code Veronica.

6: The Lord of the Rings Gollum

Platform: PS4, PS5, XBox One, XBox Series X, PC, Switch

Developer: Daedalic Entertainment

Tolken's Middle Earth has been influential creating fantastic storylines, characters and so on that has been enjoyable over the years. Daedalic Entertainment for whatever has decided to announce that the next game in The Lord of Rings video game lineup is going to be Gollum and for what purpose or reason. From what I have heard it is going to have Prince of Persia style gameplay with stealth elements and how it is going to go is anyone's guess. It might turn out okay but it might also be a unworthy game.

5: Rainbow Six Quarantine

Developer: Ubisoft

I'm still on the fence with this one, what is with Quarantine? It looks like it will be a survival game against monsters or something according to what the trailers revealed for it seemed to make it out to be. If it is then that is just seriously out of place for a Rainbow Six game and not something we should have.

4: Gotham Knights

Developer: WB Games Montreal

So the Batman Arkham games were great we should look forward to the next project which is Gotham Knights a Multiplayer game that can be played with a friend or solo. Problem is that it is being handled by WB Games Montreal, the same team behind the not so good Batman Arkham Origins which they already had already made a very underwhelming Multiplayer Mode for that. Sure it might turn out better than that I wouldn't get your hopes up for this one.

3: Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Platform: PS4, XBox One, PC

Developer: Bioware/EA

EA has been ruining Bioware for a long while after Mass Effect Andromeda and also Anthem so aside than the nostalgia for the original Mass Effect it is best not to get hyped for any new Mass Effect game. Considering EA's awful record I already know that this isn't going to turn out good especially after the majority of disappointing remakes and remasters we had in 2020.

2: Halo Infinite

Platform: XBox One, XBox Series X, PC

Developer: 343 Industries

With the PlayStation 5 getting some great launches thanks to Demon's Souls and also Spiderman Mile Morales. The XBox Series X didn't have much hits going for it and Halo Infinite was supposed to launch to show off the new XBox console only to get delayed. The gameplay trailer shown might have been fine but it wasn't even running on the new XBox console but on a PC which would possibly explain why the graphics looked so underwhelming. The new Halo Trilogy is disappointing and underwhelming when Bungie handed the series over to 343 Industries and while the delay means that they have plenty of time to improve it before launch but is it really going to be the Halo we've been waiting for?

1: Final Fantasy XVI

Platform: PlayStation 5

Developer: Square Enix

Oh where do I begin to talk about the one and only series that has more underwhelming and completely terrible games than most long running franchises. Yet we have another Final Fantasy game that is an Action RPG game and everything about the combat system looks vastly stale and plays more like a Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma than a Final Fantasy game and it is ironic to say that because Ryota Suzuki the designer of those games is the battle director for this upcoming game. Sure it does return to a more proper fantasy style setting but that isn't enough, the gameplay shown so far is unimpressive and don't you think that the series has gone off the rails for too long, it's going to end up crashing into a brick wall soon enough and be yet another disappointing entry. Maybe it's time that they go back to turn based games and put the series back on track hopefully.

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)