AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 327

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 745 Posts

2019 comes to a close and what a great year of gaming it was, new IPS, ideas and also old franchises make a glorious return plus a few remakes that were truly outstanding. It's time to rank the absolute best of the best of the games of 2019. It was no task in having to keep these decisions to just ten but here they are. Which of the best games of 2019 made the list?

10: Luigi's Mansion 3

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Developer: Next Level Games/Nintendo

It was Luigi's time to shine in the third instalment of Luigi's Mansion. The game brought along features that made those games amazing such as the humour, atmosphere and it's share of ghost busting. It also added new features such as Gooigi which can be used for puzzles and also the improved multiplayer added cooperative and competitive gameplay both online and offline. It was the game to play on Halloween and it did get a ton or praise for the improved gameplay it had.

9: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Platform: PS4/XBox One/PC

Developer: Respawn Entertainment

To be honest I wasn't expecting this game to be good after the controversy and disappointment over Star Wars Battlefront II back in 2017 but Respawn Entertainment showed EA that Single Player games can still sell really well and also it does a fantastic job of being a Lightsaber wielding Jedi. Set after the events of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith young padawan Cal Kestis has to restore the lost order of the Jedi against the Galactic Empire. The gameplay combined elements of Tomb Raider, Uncharted for puzzles and exploration and also the Souls games for it's combat being challenging for it's difficulty but being very satisfying. It shows the Star Wars universe that there is still good in this franchise even though it is still getting it's big share of disappointment.

8: Death Stranding

Platform: PlayStation 4

Developer: Kojima Productions

Some shall disagree but however Hideo Kojima's latest masterpiece is more then just some walk simulator, it's a well rounded package with tons to do and the storyline is incredible with tons of memorable actors like Troy Baker, Norman Reedus and many others and even brought their likeness to their characters as well. Some will have their own opinions on Death Stranding's story and gameplay but however even after everything that has happened with Konami Hideo Kojima still has his creative talent when it comes to gaming.

7: Devil May Cry 5

Developer: Capcom

Devilish Redemption! Capcom has managed to save the demon slaying franchise from the pits of doom and put it back on track after the disgraceful reboot game from Ninja Theory. Nero returns as well as the series proper demon hunter Dante and also added a new character V and they each have fantastic combat styles that players get a chance to master and each of these are incredible to use. The presentation is truly outstanding and that soundtrack...arguably the best in the series thus far. Pull my Devil Trigger indeed.

6: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition

Platform: PS4/XBox One/Switch/PC

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment

Oh yes! Finally the long wait is over as the complete version of one of the best Tales of games of all time is brought to next generation consoles and finally it gets a full world wide release. Look I know this is an updated port and I don't usually put ports, remakes or whatever on these lists but however the next game that I am going to be talking about was such an incredible remake that I decided to allow this and there was no way that I was going to leave this out of the list. Being a full update to the XBox 360 J-RPG it has an incredible combat system that takes a fair amount of skill to master, a brilliant storyline with amazing characters like Yuri, Flynn, Rita and in this updated version we can finally get to play as the aforementioned Flynn and also the brand new character Patty Fleur a Pirate who is just hilarious and has a enjoyable combat style that does RNG right. I'm so glad that we finally get one of the most requested version of Tales of Vesperia for next generation consoles and I hope that we can get the same treatment with Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny.

5: Resident Evil 2

Developer: Capcom

Here it is the remake that everyone was looking forward too the most and the return to Raccoon City was nothing short of amazing. It was a full remake of the 1998 sequel with updated story and gameplay using the third person over the shoulder gameplay but with the faithfulness of the original retained being that you had both Leon and Claire scenarios to play through and also you have limited ammo and had to manage your resources carefully if you want to survive. The redone graphics and soundtrack were incredible the horror aspect and tension were retained not only for zombies and bosses but also the Tyrant who will stalk you through the game. Truly the best way to re-experience survival horror.

4: Untitled Goose Game

Platform: PC/Switch/PS4/XBox One

Developer: House House

Untitled Goose Game is something you would not expect and it is something that is both creative and enjoyable. It is a stealth game where you play as a Goose who is out to steal valuables from the villagers while sneaking up to them and then squawk at them to scare them which causes them to flip out in many comical ways and also do other things to ruin their peaceful day. The light hearted humour is very hilarious and the gameplay while short it is well executed and it is absolutely fun just to go around and scare all kinds of people. It even gets targeted by people on the internet for memes it unleashes.

3: Disco Elysium

Platform: PC

Developer: ZAUM

This game is a different kind of RPG in which it is a game is handled with various conversion trees which all stats improve from the right choices you pick as well as various clothing you wear as well. There is no combat in the traditional sense and all stats improve on your choices through the story. Truly a game you need to check out if you love story driven games.

2: The Outer Worlds

Platform: PC/PS4/XBox One

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment

Obsidian Entertainment return after Fallout New Vegas and their new game brings out the excellent talent that actually went into it. The game has a magnificent world full of excellent characters, brilliant gunplay with different weapons to use, plenty of enjoyable quests that are worth the time and effort. It takes everything that previous Fallout games did but Obsidian did everything better then what the idiots at Bethesda did wrong with the utterly horrible Fallout 76.

Honourable Mentions

Astral Chain (Switch) PlatinumGames

A Plague Innocence (PC/PS4/XBox One) Asobo Studio

Apex Legends (PC/PS4/XBox One) Respawn Entertainment

Control (PS4/XBox One/PC) Remedy Entertainment

Fire Emblem Three Houses (Nintendo Switch) Nintendo/Intelligent Systems

1: Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

Developer: FromSoftware

FromSoftware once again unleash a masterpiece that no gamer can forget with Sekiro which carries all of the elements that made those games fun and enjoyable and does it a lot better. These include high difficulty in which it is super hard and punishing but the satisfactory for actually going through a tough boss battle feels rewarding. The game also encourages stealth and exploration as well as mastering the timing of each of the attacks to overcome each encounter and it is so fresh and enjoyable. Sekiro feels like something new but also retaining all of the gameplay features that made their games so enjoyable even if those games enjoyed kicking players butt most of the time making this my pick for the Game of 2019.

What were your other favourite games of 2019? You ready for disappointment as we look through the disappointing games of 2019.

Written By Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8899 Posts

Heavily disagree with a few on this list even scrapping a top ten for 2019 (Untitled Goose, Death Stranding, Fallen Order being strong examples of 'meh')

But that's fine, I respect your opinion ツ

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3043 Posts

Great opinions!!!!! I agree wholeheartedly.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#3 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 621 Posts

Man, I've only played a single game on this list.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9915 Posts

Most of these games probably deserve being on this list based on popular opinion. Out of all of them I've only played The Outer Worlds. Only a few hours in the game actually and enjoying it.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1593 Posts

Of this list, I've played Apex, Jedi, and Outer Worlds. All three were amazing. Going to play Control eventually.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8810 Posts

10 control 9 metro exodus and division 2 8 sekiro 7 devil may cry 5 6 death stranding 4 star wars jedi fallen 3 gears of war 5 &borderlands3 2 a plague tale innocence & the outer worlds 1 resident evil 2 remake