AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

I haven't given myself a chance to upload my Christmas showing what I would like this year so I thought I would go ahead and post it. Now I was really limited in options in what I could get for Christmas, I could chose from only get PS4 games, controllers, point cards or headphones. This year I chose Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War on PS4 because with every year I always pick a Call of Duty game to fill the list up. I was going to decide on what controllers I could get for my Nintendo Wii because I am currently fine with my PS4 controllers at the moment but however all of the Nintendo Wii Controller and also Nintendo Wii Light Gun Shells and Wii Classic Controllers are only available on Amazon and Ebay which my Mum don't know how to use. All of the PlayStation 3, XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii Controllers are only available second hand as those consoles are old now. I would have asked for either the Competition Pro Wii Rifle, The House of the Dead Overkill Hand Cannon Light Gun Shells for the Wii or maybe one of those Hori Super Smash Bros Battle Pads which look like one of them Gamecube Style Controllers that can connect onto the bottom of the remote or one of those Wii U Fight Pads which also can work the Wii Remote controllers I have, however my Mum doesn't have Amazon or Ebay which these stores are only available. I have seen them on CeX but I doubt we would have allowed to get them there. So instead I decided to ask for a Play & Charge Cable so that I can have a long cable for use with my PS4 controller as well as using it for when I go on my PlayStation TV console and use one of my Dualshock 4's on it. Lastly I have decided to ask for a PlayStation Points Card £50 so that I can purchase some PS2 and maybe some digital only PSP games because of how Sony changed the PlayStation Store Online for PC Web Browsers. I was going to use the points card to purchase Doom 64 but however I got myself a sick deal which thankfully I had what little money on my PSN Account I was able to get it. Instead with the points card I'll might get some digital games on either PS3, PSP or PS4 that are cheap to get.

Christmas List for 2020

1. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (PS4)

2. Play & Charge Cable (PS4)

3. PlayStation Store Points Card (PSN)

So what are you guys asking for this Christmas? Tell me in the comments below.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Despite all the controversy surrounding Cyberpunk 2077, I'm still planning to buy and play it during the holidays.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts
@johnd13 said:

Despite all the controversy surrounding Cyberpunk 2077, I'm still planning to buy and play it during the holidays.

Wouldn't put a concern on it.

Outside the glitches and bugs high in large seems to still be a solid game in the same aspects The Witcher III was. Story driven, well made NPCs, and expansive open world. The OST from what I've listened to also seems pretty great.

Issue is some thought it would be more, almost as it was to define gaming itself. Overall unrealistic expectations from a vocal minority.

Late December they'll probably have fixed a few things. You'll have to let the board know of its state early next year ツ

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnd13

@RSM-HQ: Surprisingly most people in these forums haven't reported a plethora of issues on PC. There are bugs and glitches of course but not as bad as consoles have it. I can get past those as long as the game has other saving graces.

Outside the glitches and bugs high in large seems to still be a solid game in the same aspects The Witcher III was. Story driven, well made NPCs, and expansive open world. The OST from what I've listened to also seems pretty great.

That's what most people seem to agree on. There's tons of story, detail and world-building to give Night City a life of its own and I can't wait to explore it all. Bugs or no bugs. And combat doesn't appear to be as bad as it could have been given CDPR's inexperience in designing first person shooters.

Issue is some thought it would be more, almost as it was to define gaming itself. Overall unrealistic expectations from a vocal minority.

Well, The Witcher 3 set the bar very high for future (western) RPGs. I'm not a diehard fan of the series but it excelled in the most prominent areas of a game of its type like story, quest design, world-building and exploration. Take all that into a futuristic dystopian setting with the potential of next-gen hardware and it's hard to argue against high expectations.

However, in the end Cyberpunk seems like an overly ambitious game that never fully realized its vision. Which is somewhat understandable (if a bit disappointing). The real problem is it's lacking in some serious departments like AI and NPC pathfinding, which are areas you wouldn't expect a game of its budget and hype to have failed so bad.

This is ridiculously bad not just for a AAA studio but for any game developer after 2000:

Loading Video...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@johnd13: Personally the main drive for me with Cyberpunk is I'm really hungry for a new 'good' Deus Ex game. And seems to be better to play the waiting game with CP2077. Or just see if Eidos Montréal get another stab at Deus Ex.

Respected what The Witcher III did well, and even defended it a few times on this board. But I just did not enjoy moving Geralt, or the flow of combat. It was very, clunky. Think the world and NPCs are very well done, and read the shooting in CP2077 is 'better than expected'. Which seems good enough because honestly Deus Ex didn't have id Software shooting either. Just needs a good balance.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13

@RSM-HQ: The prospect of Cyberpunk being an open-world evolution of Deus Ex was one of the main reasons I was/am so keen to play it. Hopefully it retains a similarly high level of detail and level design does not suffer as a direct consequence of going open world (which is most often the case).

Eidos Montreal is done with the Tomb Raider reboot and Avengers was a failure so hopefully, they'll turn their attention to Deus Ex next. HR and MD (minus the abrupt ending) were both excellent games and Adam Jensen's story deserves closure.