AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 22/06/2018 – E3 Sony PlayStation Conference

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

So now I will move on the Sony PlayStation Conference and I found the show really good, they showed quite a range of good games throughout the conference as well as some big shockers. Some of the other games announced didn't really show much so for those I have not much to say about those. So in event let's get right to it!

The Last of Us Part II

Starting the conference off they showed off an impressive reveal of the Last of Us sequel that we have been waiting for. The trailer shown showed off incredible stealth gameplay as well as intense fighting sequences.

Call of Duty Black Ops IV

That's right another entry in the long running franchise but it's Black Ops this time. Yep we get another Black Ops game except that we do not have a single player campaign which I have to say I'm very disappointed. They did say that the classic maps from Black Ops I and II are coming to Black Ops IV and if you pre-ordered the game you can get the maps for Black Ops III which by the way this month it's available to download for free till July on the PSN Store.

Tetris Effect

They quickly announced a couple of new games on the show as well. Next we have Tetris Effect which is a new entry of the popular puzzle series. I believe it's a VR game.

Days Gone

That was a game that was announced in E3 last year I think. It's that survival horror game where there are dozens of super fast zombies.

Twin Mirror

One of those mystery horror games were you do not know what's going on I guess. Nothing is really told about this game.

Ghost Giant

Another VR game announced, in this game you control a giant ghost I believe.

Beat Saber

It's a rhythm game where you use those two sabers, red and blue in time to the beats of the right colour.

Destiny 2 Forsaken

Now they announced a new expansion for Destiny 2 called Forsaken which will add more content to the game and also extra modes as well. Trailer didn't really show much at all, just a little story.

Ghost of Tsushima

Next game shown was Ghost of Tsushima which is an action game set in the first Mongol Invasion of Japan. It will be a openworld game where is no waypoint to guide and everything is explorable without any guidance. The trailer shown some impressive gameplay showing some sword fighting and horseback riding.

Control

Remedy has shown a trailer for their new game Control where you are a woman who can use the environment as she sees fit. So far the trailer shown for it is incredible and the gameplay looks sick.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

The big shocker comes when we get a trailer of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Holy cow we finally get to see the remastered Resident Evil 2 in the flesh. After Resident Evil 1 got a perfect remaster we waited for Capcom to do the same with Resident Evil 2 and now we have finally got our wish. It showed Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Sherry Birkin plus also they showed that the story and dialogue has been rewritten.

Trover Saves the Universe

Rick and Morty's co creator announces Trover Saves the Universe which looks like an action platformer. I think it's played in VR.

Kingdom Hearts III

We get a different video trailer for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III. It showed the Pirates of the Caribbean setting as well as other Disney worlds like Tangled, Monsters Inc, Toy Story and so forth.

Death Stranding

Hideo Kojima's next big game is Death Stranding and so far the trailer showcases massive promise. The trailer shown revealed some parts of the story and the third person gameplay.

Nioh 2

Team Ninja's sequel to the super difficult but entertaining Nioh. They didn't showcase much of it at all but we can expect the game to be extremely difficult.

Marvel's Spider Man

A game that was shown at last year's E3 so I guess they had to show it again to remind us that this game is coming close to release date on the 7th September 2018. It did however show Spider Man taking on 5 of his arch enemies plus also off some impressive web slinging action gameplay.

Déraciné

Lastly the showcase comes to a close with the announcement by the Dark Souls developers From Software Déraciné. It's a VR game which will mark the company return to the companies old roots before the company made Souls games, I think. The trailer didn't really show anything besides possibly the setting.

What I liked about the PlayStation Conference?

The showcases of The Last of Us Part II, Control, Ghost of Tsuhima looked cool, Death Stranding looked promising, Nioh 2 was a surprise but however the biggest shock for me was the Resident Evil 2 Remake and the trailers shown were impressive.

What I didn't like about the PlayStation Conference?

They didn't even say anything nor give any in depth look at the upcoming PlayStation 5 console which I thought was a bummer but I suppose maybe that's for the best cause they need the PS4 going for much longer. I also thought that some of the other announcements didn't really talk about the games being showcased.

Overall

A really good showcase I really enjoyed some of the showcases while some other stuff they mostly kept hidden and didn't talk about the upcoming PS5. I am looking forward to the games I already mentioned.

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Game On!