AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

Next I watch through the entire coverage of Bethesda's E3 conference and talk about what games they have announced and let me tell you they announced quite a strong list of games this time. Plenty of them I am excited for.

Rage 2

The conference really started with a bang with the announcement of Rage 2 the sequel to the open world shooter. Aside from starting out with a band playing they brought in Tim Willits the studio director from ID Software and Magnus Nedfors from Avalanche Studios wgo went off to show the trailer which revealed part of the story and the brutal gameplay. Rage 2 looks and plays incredible and I do like the game's setting as well. I never played through the original Rage game so maybe I will play through the original game before playing the sequel if I can. Announced for Spring 2019 release.

The Elder Scrolls Franchise

They did spend plenty of time throughout the conference talking about the announcements of new content for Elder Scrolls Online but also announcement of new games in the franchise. First they talked about Elder Scrolls Legends which was a digital collectible card game released for PC, iOS and tablet devices. They said that they are going to enhance the visuals of the game as well as adding new cards, new modes and new ways to play. They also said that they will also bring the game to consoles so the XBox One, PS4 and the Nintendo Switch will finally get their releases of the game. They talked a little about Elder Scrolls Online saying that the game now has over 11 million players which is impressive. They talk about the next DLC planned called Wolfhunter based on werewolfs and the story DLC called Murkmire. Both look really good. To end the show off they announce The Elder Scrolls Blades which they announce for iOS but they plan also to release it for PC and consoles and VR. They showed gameplay showing the console quality graphics and touch controls but also uses dual sticks if you wish. They also showcased modes like Abyss, Arena and Town which plays a role for the game's storyline. They also talked about a town build aspect to the game which is cool. Lastly they teased an announcement of Elder Scrolls VI which looks to be the next big release for Bethesda.

Doom Eternal

Holy &%£^ a new Doom game and the trailer looks sick, it's going to bring hell to earth and I can tell that Doom Slayer is not extremely pleased to see the demons invading earth. They announced that it will have new demons, bigger and badder ones too. I really liked in the trailer that Doom Slayer squashes a demon's head.

Quake Champions

Next they talk about the new Quake Champions which has been in early access for a while and they talked about the new features for it. They announced that you can sign up to play for free and you can keep playing even after the trial closes. The gameplay trailer shown is excellent and looks really enjoyable.

Prey Mooncrash

They also announced that they will release a new update for the game free, it will include Story Mode, New Game+ which was a fan request and lastly Survival Mode as well as a DLC called Mooncrash. It's a new experience where enemies and items are different each time you play. The trailer shown for it is actually incredible.

Wolfenstein Youngblood

I'll briefly mention that they talked about Wolfenstein II The New Colossus as well as reminding us that the game is coming to Nintendo Switch so that we can fight the Nazis on the go. They also talked their new game in the Wolfenstein series Wolfenstein Youngblood which will focus on BJ Blazkowicz's twin daughters who are part of the global resistance. It will be a cooperative experience while they said it can be done solo.

VR

They also decided to talk about the VR experiences that they are doing and they talked about 2 of their games going VR Prey and Wolfenstein. Prey Mooncrash‘s Typhon Hunter minigame will be in VR where you play as a Transtar employee and solve puzzles in the Talos I environment. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot and is Set in 1980s Paris, you play as a renowned hacker who helps the French Resistance by hacking into Nazi war machines to use against them. Both sound really good.

Fallout 76

We finally get some news about Fallout 76 and they said that the game is going to be online but we have the option to play on our own if we want. Nothing like being able to explore the wasteland with friends. They also talked about the setting and it looks gorgeous and they also talked about some of the gameplay. They showed a new system where you get to build your own home now. It's going to be a prequel to the other games which should be cool. There is a Beta that you can sign up for which is nice. It's got a 14th November 2018 release date. Lastly they talk about the 3 year anniversary of Fallout Shelter and announces that the game is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. You can play with the Joy cons or the touch controls and they will still be free.

Starfield

Lastly a new game announced is a new IP called Starfield which is a game they were thinking and working on for a while. The trailer however didn't really reveal much about any gameplay or setting or whatever.

What did I like about the Bethesda E3 Conference?

The announcements of the new Doom, Wolfenstein, Rage 2 and Fallout 76. A lot of those games are really impressive and I can't wait to try them out.

What I didn't like about the Bethesda E3 Conference?

So far they didn't say anything about the Elder Scrolls VI and also Starfield as well but I'm sure more news will come up in the future about those games.

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Game On!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

@AQWBlaZer91: I fear D00M Eternal is coming out too soon after the first games release, doesn't help that id Software have been largely working on Quake: Champions. So I don't expect Eternal to be of equal quality to the first game, and if nothing else, Eternal will likely reuse a lot of assets.

The Elder Scrolls VI is honestly the main Bethesda game that takes my interest, despite it being about four years away. . why? because I wonder if they'll streamline it further (please don't) as Skyrim already had; or remember that TES use to be a series with a lot of interesting RPG mechanics and options. Something both Skyrim and ESO lack heavily; as they're closer to sandbox sims.

Fallout 76 maybe a fun game to play with a few friends, so not ruling it out. I'm more a fan of Fallout now than I have been previously. Just hope it's not The Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout edition. .