AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

So recently I finally got to check out the reveal of the upcoming PlayStation 5 console and I get to at least talk about what I thought of the reveal. I didn't however see the previous announcements of the PlayStation 5 that talked about the specs of the device so I can't talk about that here. This reveal however showed off the games that were coming out for it and I'll talk about them as well as the console itself.

Note: All games announced either have a Holiday 2020 or 2021 release.

Grand Theft Auto 5

To start off Rockstar announced that Grand Theft Auto 5 a massively openworld game that was previously on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles is going to be on the PlayStation 5 alongside GTA Online upon launch. I would have expected a Grand Theft Auto 6 announcement because GTA 5 is really getting old now and a remastered version of that game seems pointless.

Marvel Spider Man Miles Morales

Insomniac Games announced a stand alone expansion to Marvel Spider Man which was released previously. The trailer didn't show off much but it did look pretty cool though.

Gran Turismo 7

Next announced was the next game in the Gran Turismo series Gran Turismo 7 and it looks to be a true sequel. It will have returning features such as Special Events, Champions, Driving School, Tuning Parts Shop, Used Cars dealership, GT Auto while also adding back GT Sport Mode, Brand Central and Discover. The game shown for it was really incredible so I hope it does better then Gran Turismo Sport.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

Insomniac Games announced a sequel to the 2016 Ratchet & Clank PS4 game called Rift Apart. It shares gameplay elements of its predecessor but also adds a rift system where you can rift into different areas. It looks great and can't wait to see how this turns out.

Project Athia

Square Enix announced their new project called Project Athia. It looks like an action game of sorts but at least it ain't another awful Final Fantasy game.

Stray

Next up is Stray which is a puzzle simulation that follows a stray cat inside a cyberpunk city popularized by robots. It was a game that has been development since 2015 but has been stated a 2021 release sometime.

Returnal

From Housemarque came the announcement of Returnal which is a Third Person Shooter with Rougelike elements. It looks pretty promising for what was shown.

Sackboy A Big Adventure

Sumo Digital announced a new game in the LittleBigPlanet series called Sackboy A Big Adventure will offer I believe 4 player support and has multiple perspectives and 3D movement as supposed to 2.5 gameplay.

Destruction AllStars

Next was Destruction AllStars from Lucid Games and it is going to be a vehicular combat game.

Kena Bridge of Spirits

Ember Labs announced Kena Bridge of Spirits which looks to be an action game and it looks pretty cool.

Goodbye Volcano High

KO_OP announced an Narrative Adventure game called Goodbye Volcano High where it has anthropomorphic dinosaurs. It's strange game but looks cartoonish and interestingly enough.

Oddworld Soulstorm

Oddworld Inhabitants announced a continuation of the excellent Oddworld New 'N' Tasty with Soulstorm. It is going to be a reimagining of Oddworld Abe's Exoddus and the gameplay shown was really incredible.

Ghostwire Tokyo

Announced last year was Ghostwire Tokyo directed by former director of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami and got a little preview of it, they showed off a new trailer for it showing some gameplay of it. It is going to be a First Person game with different super powers and it doesn't look too bad.

Jett the Far Shore

The creators of Sword & Sorcery announced Jett the Far Shore and nothing really was shown about this one.

Godfall

Here we go, one of the first games to be announced for the PlayStation 5 during the Game of the Year Awards. Godfall is an Action RPG from counterplay games and the combat system in this game looks pretty good. I like that it is going to be a looter slasher.

Solar Ash

From the creators of Hyper Light Drifter comes Solar Ash. The artstyle on that is pretty cool.

Hitman III

IQ Interactive announced Hitman III which is the third of the World of Assassination Trilogy and so far it looks pretty good. Still glad IQ got the Hitman IP away from Square Enix.

Astro's Playroom

ASOBI Team announced a sequel to Astro Bot Rescue Mission called Astro's Playroom and the gameplay shown was pretty cool. It is going to be installed on every PlayStation 5 console without needing to download it.

Little Devil Inside

Neostream Interactive announced Little Devil Inside which is going to be a Action Adventure Type Role Playing Game and the trailer shown was pretty good.

NBA 2K21

Yet another game in EA's laundry list of sports games that they have been releasing every single year and it is either a good game or a bad game, least it might be better than WWE 2K20.

Bugsnax

From the creators of Octodad Young Horses comes another weird game in the form of Bugsnax. It is going to be a First Person Adventure game which allows you to capture and tame creatures who resemble a combination of snack food items and insects. Yep it is a very weird game just like Octodad.

Demon Souls Remastered

Oh yes, the From Software game that made them what they are known for today, creating the Souls/Borne franchise and now the original that is Demon Souls is making its way to the PS5 with updated graphics. Hope everyone who plays this is ready to die again and again.

Deathloop

Deathloop was a game that was announced back at E3 2019 and the new trailer was shown was nothing too impressive. Bethesda released an abomination that was Fallout 76 which was a broken mess and I don't think that this game to be released in a stable matter.

Resident Evil VIII Village

Capcom announced Resident Evil VIII Village and it is going to be set within a village and Chris Redfield is going to return in this game plus it will be in First Person again. Seeing how well Capcom has been on a roll with Resident Evil games RE8 is going to be a solid game.

Pragmata

Also coming out from Capcom is a game called Pragmata. Nothing really much was shown in the trailer except it has a Spaceman with a little girl. I don't know what this game is going to be.

Horizon Forbidden West

Guerrilla Games announced a sequel to Horion Zero Dawn which is Horizon Forbidden West and it is going to continue the story where the original left off. Nothing much was shown off but it was incredible.

PlayStation 5 Console

Finally at the end of the show we finally get to see what the PlayStation 5 console is going to look like. My first impression is that the console really looks pretty good, it can either be standing upwards or sitting flat down like what you can do with the previous PlayStation consoles. Now Sony announced that the PlayStation 5 will come in two models, one where it will have a disc drive and then another model where it will not have a disc drive called the Digital Edition. They however didn't tell us the prices of both the PlayStation 5 models nor the size of the console's hard drives.

PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller

Now the new controller is one of the more unique controllers I have seen in the PlayStation family of consoles. The controller is called the DualSense and it has a ton of features like Two-tone color design, Form factor, Light bar placement, Haptic feedback, Adaptive triggers, Rechargeable battery via USB-C, Built-in mic and also a new button called the Create button. The new controller looks great and the name is a change from the Dualshock controller series that comes out with every main PlayStation console.

What I thought of the PlayStation 5 Reveal?

I liked the PlayStation 5 Reveal Event, it did show off announcements of games coming to the PS5 as well as the console itself.

What I liked about the PlayStation 5 Reveal?

Announcements of the Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Godfall, Oddworld Soulstorm, Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Resident Evil VIII Village as well as the design of the upcoming console.

What I didn't like about the PlayStation 5 Reveal?

Some trailers like Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo and Jet The Far Shore were lacklustre reveals plus they didn't say anything about the consoles price nor explain about the consoles backwards compatibility.

Final Comments

Being with the PlayStation consoles for years I can say that the PlayStation 5 has got some really solid titles coming out including some of the PlayStation's well known franchises. Bring in Killzone, Jak & Daxter and an Uncharted game onto the PlayStation 5 at launch and then the PlayStation 5 will have a pretty good launch. If a Tales of game ever gets announced on the PlayStation 5 then consider me more hyped for Sony's brand new game console. Before I go though I will say that I have no interest in covering any of the other announcements as I was only interested in talking about the new Playstation 4 console so any of the PC, XBox or Nintendo stuff that gets announced this month I will not be talking about it sorry. This is because I want to to take the time to work on the game reviews I originally had planned out and want them out of the way so that I can focus on my next RPG that I want to do, plus also it just ain't fun to watch announcements when it isn't an E3 Conference show. Thank you for understanding and I hope you look forward to me working on more game reviews that will come soon.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)