AQWBlaZer91 Channel Update: 10/06/2019 – E3 2019 EA Conference

Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (715 posts) -

E3 has kicked off once again this year and we get to see all the kinds of announcements. Here I am going to be talking each of the main conferences and giving my thoughts on them. Let us start with EA's E3 Conference and see what they announced. EA has really been in hot water from some of their most recent screw ups in history. Their E3 announcements despite one of two things positive can't really save the company from their recent failures. This year's E3 announcements from EA has some announcements for new content for their more recent games as well some previously announced titles they didn't cover last year.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

This time EA gets to finally talk about their latest efforts with the Star Wars license that they are working with Respawn Entertainment. The game takes place after the events from Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith and it focuses on a Padawan named Cal Kestis who has to survive and take up the fight against the Empire. They showed off some cool gameplay where it showed one of the locations in the game taking place in Kashyyyk. The gameplay has a Dark Souls like feel with the combat and controls but also you have various Force Powers like pull, throw and also new ones like slow which can be used well in combat as well as environmental puzzles which all of them look really sweet. They promised that the storyline will fit into the main canon plot-line of the series as well as deliver a true Star Wars experience from other games. It is announced that it will be released on 15th November 2019.

Apex Legends Season 2 Content

EA announced new content for their excellent Apex Legends. These included a new weapon called the L-Star, a new character to use and also a new mode called Battle Charge and also a limited time Hunt event which goes onto 18th June which allows you to unlock exclusive skins. They did announce that they are also making changes to make grinding much easier but keeping the gameplay enjoyable.

Battlefield V Content

EA also announced new maps for Battlefield V for their free updates for the game. Some of these are going to be released within the next several months this year alongside the increase in Level cap from 50 to 500 which means players are going to spend more hours in the Multiplayer before you would ever reach max level. New maps include a North African Dessert for Chapter 4 and a close quarters map as well, there is also a Pacific Map which will come as well. EA is also planning to add new maps in the coming months from demanding players which will be challenging in many ways.

FIFA 20

Another game in the long running FIFA series of video games. It is announced for a 24th September and 27th September release through a special edition which is available for pre-order. It's announcement was quite boring and everyone on the show was like how it is going to be compared to playing the real sport and they didn't really talk about the gameplay all that much.

Madden NFL 20

Just like with FIFA, Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed it is just another game in the Madden series with little changes made to it. Yes they did talk about some of the modes like Scenario Engine and the X-Factor Abilities but we have been with series for so long and the announcement for it was also quite boring.

The Sims 4 Island Living

Lastly to end the show EA announced a new expansion pack for the Sims 4 in the form of Island Living. It takes in a tropical island setting and there are dozens of Island themed items that you can use for your Sims. It doesn't look too bad and at least there is plenty to play around with.

What did I like about the EA E3 Conference?

All I liked about the EA Conference was the new Star Wars game Jedi Fallen Order, the gameplay on it looked really sweet and the presentation is outstanding. They are going to expand the storyline pretty well and I can't wait to see if the Force is Strong in this latest Star Wars game.

What did I not like about the EA E3 Conference?

So far EA mostly just talked only new content that was coming to their recent games like Battlefield V, Battlefront II (2017) and Apex Legends. They did show any proper gameplay for FIFA 20 and most of the talking through out some of the announcements got really boring. They also never took any of the time to talk about the future of Anthem. Yes that game has had a large amount of problems at launch and also broke PS4's but they never took any time to explain how they could fix all of the problems that Anthem had or the upcoming events that were meant to be announced.

What did I think about the Conference?

Mostly it was a boring conference, sure they showed some gameplay from the announced games shown but mostly it was just announcements for new content with everyone just talking about the whole time.

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Game On!