Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 414 Posts

Anybody else excited about this? The AoE2 Definitive Edition is coming to XBOX sometime around the end of the month. AoE4 will follow suit eventually.

As a console gamer who loves the series I think it's due. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to Halo Wars.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44451 Posts

Yeah I’m definitely looking forward to this as well. Very much enjoyed Age of Empires II on the PC back in the day so interested in seeing how this translates to console. I enjoy RTS games in general and had fun when with both Halo Wars games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11686 Posts

It's probably a nightmare getting games like Age of Empires to work on a controller, even half-decent. I had WarCraft II on console, and let me tell you, it worked, but it didn't work well.

If it gets more people to try these games out? that's only a plus at least. RTS is overdue a big resurgence.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45396 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

It's probably a nightmare getting games like Age of Empires to work on a controller, even half-decent. I had WarCraft II on console, and let me tell you, it worked, but it didn't work well.

If it gets more people to try these games out? that's only a plus at least. RTS is overdue a big resurgence.

Hopefully it will work with either controller or mouse/keyboard on consoles.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11686 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Depends if the developer wants to do the extra work, and how difficult a task it is, that's all it comes down to.

On PlayStation 3 Unreal Tournament III had K&M support and was the driving push that all shooters on console should support the option of controller or mouse/keyboard. But no one really bothered to implement it, Modern Warfare was the hottest shooter game of that generation and had none of these features.

Also worth noting Unreal III on PS3 also offered mods. Another forward thinking P.C. to console edition that would be scrapped from any other developer; and simply because it's more effort than its worth.

I do prefer a controller for majority of games but RTS & First Person Shooters in particular are designed with K&M in mind. & usually feel clunky using a gamepad.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I believe it has full keyboard and mouse support on XBOX.