Anything new in GTAO or RDRD2O in last year?

Gtwerge8080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gtwerge8080
Member since 2018 • 59 Posts

I’ve been away from GTAO and RDR2O in about a calendar year, mostly because I ran out of new stuff to do.

I’ve seen what the updates have been in calendar year 2019, but what I’m wondering is if the new content really adds compelling, fun, and novel stuff to the experience.

Again, been away since December 2018.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

From my understanding Rock Star put a lot of manpower into the P.C. port and that's why the online is pretty bare-boned.

Honestly don't think it was ever intended to have the online presence as Grand Theft Auto V.

Not to mention RDR2 wasn't exactly winning many GotY awards in 2018, well related to gameplay. Read many players claim the controls are clunky/ awful and the game overall isn't all that fun to play. Many here on this forum described RDR2 as "an experience". Which doesn't paint it well for longevity/ replay-ability.

A lot of money and time went into making that ambitious cowboy simulator and seems like it didn't fully pay-off to anyone outside the most committed Rock Star fan.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

My impression of Red Dead online was that it was very grindy, much like you might expect from a F2P game, and that turned me off to the point that I just didn't want to play it. I'm not interested in spending dozens of hours to get a new gun for my avatar. I would be interested in something that required a lot less time, but had a similar amount of content, like maybe a co-op campaign.