Anyone Pass By GAMEFLY Latly? ARE THEY AWAKE?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ii20JcM05ii
Member since 2010 • 394 Posts

When I first got Gamefly about 3 or 4 years ago now, they were actually good. They actually sent you games....

Now-a-days, even if a game if "medium availible" they still won't send you a game. It's been about just over a week now, and they won't send me a game. And latly when I send games back, it ALSO takes forever! The only way the "receive my games" that I send back is if I make a "shipping problem" report. Then 5 minutes later, all of a sudden "they have received my game". Adn this is not just of the past week, this has been going on for about a good YEAR now. Every now and then it seems they wake up and actually do their jobs, but more then often the service does NOT run smoothly. I once got the right guys on the phone and wound up getting $15 in Gamefly bucks ($5 for each time I called). Then I started getting asses on the phone, telling me some outlandish, rediculous, unbeleivable story about why they're not doing their jobs....

The only other option is Block Buster's online game rental service... I did a trial with them, and they ACTUALLY SEND YOU GAMES! BUT! The problem with them is, that they don't let you rent new games until about 3 months after they come out! WTF!!!

Ya just can't win.... I was thinking about getting rid of the service, and save myself $20 a month, but when I think about it, to buy new games (even with some great deals on Amazon) it would be WAY more then $20 a month... I don't know.... is anyone else having a problem with the GameFly service?

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I was never satisfied, especially when it took two weeks to receive God of War 2, a game from last gen. I quit after about two months.
fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
gamefly is only worth it for 2 reasons.. A. your the type of person that likes playing obscure titles from last gen but dont want to buy them B. your the type of person who likes to play new games as soon as they come out most of the time but if you can be prepared to wait for months
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Facts about Gamefly :

- If the game is new you can pretty much forget about getting it within the first 30 days of release.

- If you want to have any hope of getting said game you have to leave it in your queue with NOTHING else in the queue thus rendering a shipping slot ( that you are paying for ) completely worthless for weeks at a time.

- If you get tired of wasting that shipping slot on said new game and you add something they will actually ship, they will ship that old game immediately without even attempting to get you the new one. Then when copies of the new game come in, they get sent out to other people.

- They will randomly ship slot 15 in your queue even with the 14 slots above it are listed as "available now".

- If you beat games too quickly or you simply rent enough short games in rapid succession they will throttle your gameplay by shipping from centers further away to increase your transit time.

- The 1 at a time plan is ABSOLUTELY worthless. For every 1 day you spend playing a game they sent you, you will spend 2 days waiting for the next game to get to you. So you pay for the entire month and are only playing for about 1/3 of it. This forces you to get the more expensive 2 out plan to avoid waiting with nothing to play a majority of the time.

- Turnaround is almost impossibly bad. I could literally write down what game i wanted on a piece of paper, drive to the shipping location, drop that paper off, drive home, wait a day for them to get it ready, drive back to get the game and then drive home with it faster than they could get it shipped.

It is good for one thing and one thing only. Playing really really really old and unpopular ****. Stuff that is so old in fact that you could probably go ****ing BUY it in a bargain bin for cheaper than your membership is going to cost after you factor in all the times when you are sitting around not playing anything.

Really really really busted business model. How anyone operates like they do without going bankrupt is beyond me. I generally don't get up in arms about stuff but they SUCK so badly that i feel obligated to tell anyone that will listen.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

That is why I quit gamefly. Never got the game I want. Even made a list of games I definitely wanted which was around 10 and actually didn't get anything shipped to me. Horrible service.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

- If you want to have any hope of getting said game you have to leave it in your queue with NOTHING else in the queue

Alter_Echo

After a few years I finally gave up having older games in the queue and I only have non released games now so I always get a new game.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ii20JcM05ii
Member since 2010 • 394 Posts

HAhah , I seriously wanna quote everyone right now in saying, AWESOME responses! hahaha. So true and funny... but then again actually not so funny BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!! It's F'N SAD!!!!!!!!!

When I first got them, they were actually pretty good, but like I said, that was about 4 or 5 years ago now. I've come close to quiting so many times.... I think i'm seriously on my last legs with it. I mean seriously, the only games they send you ARE older games, so why not just buy the friggin game for about the same price they actually charge you monthly.

I don't know how they're not bankrupt either. AND THEY JUST MADE A NEW COMMECIAL!! I think i'm going to stand up for whats right, and get rid of them. Phony service indeed.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

It takes 2 days for me to get them, and 2 days for them to get them back.

its saved me so much money its not even funny.

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Honestly Gamefly is one of the worst services in the business. I remember back in May last year, I had the two game out plan from a 1 month certificate my friend gave me (I figured if I liked it, I'd subscribe) . I did not like it, all all, Gamefly took 10 days to send the games in have in my queue, they finally sent Final Fantasy 13 and Condemned. When i finally got my hands on FF13, I opened it, and there was no game in the sleeve. I waited 10 days for no game to come, it then took another 6 days+ a phone call to GF to get the game back... The service truly is awful. (It takes forever for the games to come, I hate that service soo much)
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I usually subscribe to them on and off and last time I cancelled after only a month and probably won't subscribe again. Last Sept-Nov they were pretty good but they took a long time to get my games out last month when I reactivated my account. Then I decided to cancel for the time being and went through the whole cancellation process on the site and got the confirmation. 9 days later I get an email telling me a game shipped. At least when I did email them I got refunded for the month and they cancelled the account, I would've been pissed otherwise.
Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
I recently started using GameFly and I'm on the fence of getting rid of it. I sent my game back Monday, they got it Wendesday, shipped out my next game the same day. So now I'm expecting it by the least Saturday but no dice. Now I'm waiting for it tomorrow, Monday, hoping it comes. [QUOTE="fl4tlined"]gamefly is only worth it for 2 reasons.. A. your the type of person that likes playing obscure titles from last gen but dont want to buy them

I agree with this for the most part. And I think it depends on how far you are from their Shipping Center.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

It takes 2 days for me to get them, and 2 days for them to get them back.

its saved me so much money its not even funny.

crimsonman1245

It depends on where you live in relation to their location. Foir instance when they were only in CA it only took a max of 3 days to get to me in NY. Now that I get stuck with the Pittsburgh branch it takes even longer---4 day min and up to 7 max so far. Go figure:? I wish it took 2 days for me. I would get L.A. Noire Wednesday instead of maybe this Friday at the earliest.