Anyone know a good online 2D fighter?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheRavager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheRavager
Member since 2003 • 183 Posts

Anyone know if there are any decent 2D fighters (i.e. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, or cross-company fighters like Capcom vs. SNK) that have a good online capabilities and is available for PC or PS2? Alpha Anthology needed online support.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Anyone know if there are any decent 2D fighters (i.e. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, or cross-company fighters like Capcom vs. SNK) that have a good online capabilities and is available for PC or PS2? Alpha Anthology needed online support.

TheRavager

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting For the 360 I believe, if you own one, that is all I can think of which is sad. It seems logical that 2d fighters would work extremely well online since there wouldn't be much lag.

lightmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lightmonkey
Member since 2005 • 7010 Posts
Big Bang Beat; Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Monster (though I don't like it much); PC version of GGXX Reload. There should be more, but those are the most worthwhile ones right now.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44148 Posts
The only ones that I know of are for the Xbox. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection would be the top of my suggestions. It's also now compatible with the 360. I would also suggest Guilty Gear Reload although it's currently not backwards compatible with the 360.
LiquidZ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 LiquidZ08
Member since 2004 • 8820 Posts
You can play KOF94-2k3 on Mame + Kailleria supportover the internet. Marvel vs Capcom,Street Fighter & thousands of others. But you have to have a good internet connection or it will be a bit laggy.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
  1. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
  2. Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded
  3. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO

All online on XBL and all amazing. My friends and I play these a lot.

TheRavager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheRavager
Member since 2003 • 183 Posts

Wait, the PC version of GGX2 #Reload is online? I own that game and I never noticed it... I also was not aware that SF Anniversary Edition had online capabilities. At least, not the PS2 version.

Seriously, why the Xbox? That has to be the worst possible controller for fighters.