Anyone else worried that Resident Evil 3 is the next REmake?

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DonaId
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

Code Veronica has so much more potential. First of all RE3 was limmited by the PlayStation and the environments are too claustrophobic for a city... they would have to change the game too much to where it is unrecognizable.

Secondly it is uncompelling story wise and was not meant to be a numbered title

Finally it mechanically will not work and turn into more of an action game. Dodging will make the game too easy for veterans. Nemesis will scare off newer players and just will be too hard to program.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58943 Posts

It being limited by technology is why it's a good candidate for a remake.

The RPG decision making and branching paths had a lot of potential.

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DonaId

@uninspiredcup:

I mean there comes a point where the game will be unrecognizable and take as much resources as a new game like 8.

I don’t see a R3make to be successful critically or with the fanbase

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Capcom has hinted RE3 Remake is on their next list but not a priority at this time however. RE3 should be remade first so that it stays consistent with 2, and Code Veronica was a Dreamcast (later PS2/GC) game so it was already substantially more advanced visually, so it would make sense for it to get a next-gen remake probably. Anyways, whatever Capcom do, I can hardly wait!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Worried

Not really, Resident Evil 3 is a great game. And a fan favorite. Began the Mercenaries, implemented many mechanics used in games following its release (Code Veronica features never returned for good reason). Pursuer is one of the best, scary and persistent enemies in the series. We get to explore more of the city before its destruction. And because of Lisa Trevor in Remake, Capcom can give Pursuer further lore and features

Code Veronica has so much more potential.

Have to disagree. Had first person nonsense, the first game in the franchise to be extremely convoluted and overly linear progression, weird duel guns ripped from Tomb Raider, and a family lore based around incest.

While I don't think it's worse than Zero, or Resi6. It is one of the weaker entries_

RE3>CV

Finally it mechanically will not work and turn into more of an action game

I would argue Code Veronica was more of an action game than Resident Evil 3. Especially the Veronica X edition which brought us kung-fu Wesker. And the already mentioned duel weapons and first person content. Bleh

Nemesis will scare off newer players

How dare Capcom use a Survival Horror feature in a Survival Horror game

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@DonaId said:

@uninspiredcup:

I mean there comes a point where the game will be unrecognizable and take as much resources as a new game like 8.

I don’t see a R3make to be successful critically or with the fanbase

I really, really think you'll be wrong on this, freind.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44157 Posts

Worried? Not at all, in fact I’m hoping it is next on the remake list.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Apart from the orginal Nemesis is my favourite game in the series.

Although I didn't like the remake of resident evil 2 and if 3 is made in the sams style Im not interested anyway.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Never did play 3 as I couldn't stomach going back to the ps1 to play it. Strange it's never had a remaster.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I'm kinda honeslty more worried people are going to forget there's dozens of other better horror esque video games out there....

Eternal Darkness is just RE with a much more engrossing universe....

The House of the Dead series is RE witha much more compelling game experience.....

The Fatal Frame series is RE with a mix of both.....

etc.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@robert_sparkes said:

Never did play 3 as I couldn't stomach going back to the ps1 to play it. Strange it's never had a remaster.

It was released several times along with 2, with various graphical and content differences.

The non PC version is essentially HD resolution.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I want Dino Crisis next. I suggest fans try to remake it, wait for Capcom to shut the project down with copyright claims and make their own version after noticing how liked the fans' version is. That's how RE2 came to be.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

Both 3 & CV deserve a remaster, how dare you vs them.

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DonaId

@superfluousreal:

Resident Evil 3 would be budget intensive and programming a proper nemesis would take a genius.

It just won’t live up to the premise

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@DonaId said:

@superfluousreal:

Resident Evil 3 would be budget intensive and programming a proper nemesis would take a genius.

It just won’t live up to the premise

Nemesis was a more intelligent form of tyrant, but compared to what is needed for normal human AI, he is not that hard to program.

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DonaId

@superfluousreal:

Well they have to program numerous AI and build the game from scratch including new level design unlike what RE2 and code Veronica would require

DonaId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DonaId

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1108675558013984769

Supposedly RE3 is not even being made by Capcom division 1 and is being outsourced... Pretty sure it will fail hard

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RSM-HQ

^that doesn't look creditable in the slightest.

It was also only a few weeks ago Yoshiaki Hirabayashi san (producer at Capcom) went on record stating Capcom is interested in making a Nemesis remake, if it's what the fans want next. Which followed with the public questionnaire on the future of Biohazard/ Resident Evil with REmake 2 feedback.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts
@davillain- said:

Capcom has hinted RE3 Remake is on their next list but not a priority at this time however. RE3 should be remade first so that it stays consistent with 2, and Code Veronica was a Dreamcast (later PS2/GC) game so it was already substantially more advanced visually, so it would make sense for it to get a next-gen remake probably. Anyways, whatever Capcom do, I can hardly wait!

This sounds most accurate.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Seeing how great RE2R is I have no doubt RE3R will be amazing.

I have replayed the original RE2 and it is different yet still similar ... but everything is different, the layout of the police station is different, where you find Marvin etc even the intro is different ...

So wierdly enough the remake stayed true to the original game while making it completely different.

heljar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By heljar
Member since 2016 • 176 Posts

I really enjoyed the RE2 remake. RE3 was one of my favorite RE-games and I hope for a remake. Code Veronica was ok, but I thought the whole Alfred/Alexia story was very weird and didn't really fit into the other games.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

They can change it around quite a bit and nobody will care, cause it's RE3, so there's plenty of potential for improvement.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Would love to see Code Veronica next. It was the only RE game that interested me back when it was originally released. I never got around to playing the others until years later.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#26  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@DonaId:

Umm, we kinda WANT a Resident Evil 3 Remake! Don't we?? I know that I do! Resident Evil 3 is my favorite in the series! It had way better action than 1 and 2!

Aaaannnnd Capcom already has resources to reuse too. We already got the Kendo Shop, the Raccoon City Police Department and a good piece of Raccoon City. All they gotta do is fill in the blanks.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RSM-HQ
@nepu7supastar7 said: We already got the Kendo Shop, the Raccoon City Police Department and a good piece of Raccoon City. All they gotta do is fill in the blanks.

Kendos Gunshop doesn't make an appearance in Resident Evil 3 at all. About 90% of the game is also different districts of Raccoon City (hospital, outskirts, park, and clocktower) if Capcom is still following Outbreaks overall layout of the city Resident Evil 2 mostly takes part in uptown Raccoon City.

And if the remake for Resident Evil 3 wants to be distinct? Think it would be better if they skip the police station entirely. I mean seriously. . Jill goes purely for a lockpick, Brad can really die anywhere and no one would care. It's a very brief part of the game and only contradicted some of the previous games activity such as why is Marvin knocked-out and Jill doesn't even attempt to aid him?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@RSM-HQ:

But the RPD was in the original game! Why would you take it out? True that it wasn't as significant as it was in RE2 but it was awesome to be able to go there as Jill!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Shut up RE3 is best classic RE and Jill is best female RE character ever. Hurdurdur

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RSM-HQ

@nepu7supastar7: It's a personal thought just think if you have the police station, make it minimal even more so.

Perhaps have Jill viewing it from a great distance and Brad running out to be killed per usual. Jill picks up the lock pick from Brads corpse stating "no going back now". Moving away from the police station can bring up other areas, like the zoo for example.

Would prefer greater emphasis on the dispatched mercenaries like Mikhail and Nikolai as well. Who in my opinion are characters deserving of more development.