kemanpana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kemanpana
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

Tekken and Soul Calibur are nice, but didn't there used to be a lot more variety in this subgenre? I want a revival of series like Bloody Roar, or Rival Schools https://19216801.onl/ . There are many indie and small studio fighting games, which fulfill just about every 2D subgenre out there (Tag, Grounded, Air dashers, etc....) but there's basically no indie 3D fighters, and the ones that do exist are so much less successful than their 2D counterparts.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

It might be that fighting games are among the hardest games to make because filling a roster of fighters is not easy. It takes a tonne of creativity and game balancing to make 3d fighting games. I know I keep trying to come up with a new one but it's hard.

There's a new sword fighting game on ps4 I found it one time and couldn't afford it. So I try to find it again. The search on Playstation store is terrible. I put in "Sword fighting game" and get "Sword Art Online" in the results.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7353 Posts

Yes. I've been playing Bloody Roar: Primal Fury recently. Despite being a mid-tier serires, it's still a lot of fun. Wish there were more of these beyond the handful of big names that still exist. Something about side-stepping just messes folks up I guess.

Keep an eye out for Die by the Blade. They had a Steam Nextfest demo a few months back, and the game is shaping up well.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

Phil will surprise every one this summer I think - look for the new Killer Instinct!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59298 Posts

I mean, more fighting games is always good, grow the community.

But, if you're just talking personal use, a single fighting game can be such an investment that you're realistically only going to play 1-2 constantly.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7353 Posts

@thatforumuser: I hope so. There have been rumors they hired Namco to make a new KI, but I'll believe it when I see it.