anyone else ignoring E3 07?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
i dont know about you guys but ever since E3 changed, it doesnt seem as big a deal as it used to be. now its going to be a private showing for the corporate people and we just get to read about what they do online. the excitement isn't there, seeing all those people flooding in and all the huge booths for all the companies. something about this year just makes me go "meh". anyone else?
overfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 overfeind
Member since 2004 • 2984 Posts
I am, although I'm happy that I don't have to work while the whole event is transpiring.
Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts
I really wanted to watch the Microsoft conference but the All-star game is going to be on then so I am going to watch that instead.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

I wouldn't say I'm ignoring it, but it sure doesn't feel like the Chrismas of gaming is right around the corner. Maybe it'll be more of a Hannukah vibe this year. Still a decent time with some nice presents, but it's no Christmas.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

I always loved the conferences and even more now that we know sony wont waste an hour with sales figures, but i wonder how the conference will look. Will there be a big crowd so we can hear cheering and booing? Or is it some prerecorded garbage?

Besides that, i never really paid much attention to the extra game coverage as i usually skip previews/impressions etc. Well, I will be watching that MGS4 Trailer!!

-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
Just because there are no more Asian chicks with samurai swords who don't know a damn thing about videogames doesn't mean the show is bad now. It's the same show without all the crap.
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
i have never really been obsessed with E3. i mean its cool to read up on it and stuff, but its never anything special. i think it makes everything much easier this way.
Lee2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lee2000
Member since 2004 • 711 Posts
ok..............
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts
I've always enjoyed the E3 shows so I'll definately be checking out alot stuff again on this year's E3. I think it's gotten alot better actually when it comes to bringing content to the regular consumer with things like Microsoft's "Bringing it Home" campaigns because of all the demos, videos, and other cool things you can download from the show.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts

Just because there are no more Asian chicks with samurai swords who don't know a damn thing about videogames doesn't mean the show is bad now. It's the same show without all the crap.-MlKE-

Exactly. It's still E3. And I'm still excited as much as any other year.

Fascismo44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Fascismo44
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
The only thing that feels different from last year is the timing. I've been feeling a little bummed that I had to wait an extra two months, but ultimately, what E3 amounted to last year was the Microsoft Press Conference and whatever showed up on that Slideshow on the Gamespot Main Page.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
As long as they are showing good games I won't ignore E3:P