anyone awaiting KILLER INSTINCT 3 !!! like me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 youranus
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

hell yeah its about time we push RARE :P make KI3!!! RARE stop working on baby games and make a BRUTAL KILLER INSTINCT 3 game AAAAArgg!!!

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
Do we really need a new KI3 thread every day?
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

No, I'm waiting for Arcana Heart 3 to come out state side.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

KI on the arcades and SNES was awesome, a great mix of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat with a lot of fresh stuff (like ultra combos, different color blood, great graphics, ect.). KI Gold on the N64 wasn't shabby either, if not exactly comparable to the other big fighters at the time (like Tekken 2 and Virtua Fighter 2). I'd love to see a new KI game that could compete with Street Fighter IV and other big fighters of today, but I kinda doubt Rare still has it what it takes. And I hope they don't make it for Kinect.

Juuichigatsuuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juuichigatsuuu
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts

I've lost interest in KI. I used to enjoy the old games, but meh, I wouldn't be hyped for a new one.

orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

you're going to be waiting a long time bro...might as well be waiting for a new Brutal: Paws of Fury

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

I just don't think it is going to happen. In my opinion it is too late in the gen to think this game will come out. I would love to have it come back, but Rare has said time and time again that it probably won't ever come out. They would like to bring it to XBL which would be alright I guess. I have just come to the conclusion that it is what it is and Rare are who they are and that is not who they were then.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20983 Posts
The fighting genre is so healthy right now that KI would have a hard time justifying its presence.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

KI on the arcades and SNES was awesome, a great mix of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat with a lot of fresh stuff (like ultra combos, different color blood, great graphics, ect.). KI Gold on the N64 wasn't shabby either, if not exactly comparable to the other big fighters at the time (like Tekken 2 and Virtua Fighter 2). I'd love to see a new KI game that could compete with Street Fighter IV and other big fighters of today, but I kinda doubt Rare still has it what it takes. And I hope they don't make it for Kinect.

nameless12345

Haha. Ultra Combos with the Kinect would be the win.

Devil_Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Devil_Lady
Member since 2009 • 204 Posts

It would be nice. I loved the other 2 games and Jago was awesome.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

I have been waiting for years for a KI3. More likely you will be doing the same as well.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

The fighting genre is so healthy right now that KI would have a hard time justifying its presence.DarkCatalyst

Agreed. Unless if KI3 is fresh and original and has features that other fighters don't, I doubt it can compete against some of the other stronger fighters out there, such as Super SFIV.

youranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 youranus

i think killer instinct deserves a comeback i dont know about you people but its like 15 or 16 years of waiting for me and ill still wait i hope killer instinct will come in 3d and if they make a remake or ki3 in 3d i dont care but aslong as the gameplay is still good with all the hits combobreakers characters ultras ultimates and dangermoves killer instinct was the ultimate fighting game it was not as easy as the fighting games of today wich are mostly button mash it had a unique style and i hope they keep it that way and i hope they make a great comeback

the intro of the game itself i hope it will be like something like this one i hope so atleast : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHljhywLsDc

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Please enlighten me to these button mash fighting games you speak of

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts
The only thing I remember about Killer Instinct was playing the original on the Game Boy and beating it by using nothing but Spinal's crouch-dash move.
TheBigBadGRIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TheBigBadGRIM
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
I've been wanting this game for over a decade, but I don't know if Rare has it in them to create a good game these days (you saw what they did with Perfect Dark).
Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

The only thing I remember about Killer Instinct was playing the original on the Game Boy and beating it by using nothing but Spinal's crouch-dash move.edgewalker16

Reminds me of completing Soul Calibur in the Arcade using only Killiks pressing down and the heavy weapon attack button to do that thing where he spins on the floor tripping the enemy up. Seems like it was lacking in AI which is suppose to adapt to your fighting style and attempt to counter, strange as that AI came out in the old dusty crusty game Rise of the Robots.

youranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 youranus

well for example button mashing dead or alive of team tecmoor virtua fighter of sega they are all easy when you make combos with killer instinct it was not only harder but it also looked better and the combos worked better you should check out the arcade version of killer instinct made back in the 90s or so... i dunno but it looked great even back then so imagine killer instinct making a comeback in 3d with todays technolagy it must look awesome i remember when fulgore punched the enemy to the air imagine that in 3d whyll the camera zooms in on the enemy with his facial expressions like wtf! im flying to the sky and when falling like wtf!!! im done you know if they could make this in the end of a ultra perhaps with the 3d camera stuff it would be awesome or imagine the same with cinder kicking the enemy to the sky so fast that the enemy flys to the atmosphere and the camera suddenly looks the dirrection it flys toward and you will see the flame of cinder following and going around the enemy with the camera going all the way up there and then you will hear ULTRAAAAA after punching him to the ground from the atmosphere just if you have a good imagination try it :P im doin this since 1995 lol :D

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

well for example button mashing dead or alive of team tecmoor virtua fighter of sega they are all easy when you make combos with killer instinct it was not only harder but it also looked better and the combos worked better you should check out the arcade version of killer instinct made back in the 90s or so... i dunno but it looked great even back then so imagine killer instinct making a comeback in 3d with todays technolagy it must look awesome i remember when fulgore punched the enemy to the air imagine that in 3d whyll the camera zooms in on the enemy with his facial expressions like wtf! im flying to the sky and when falling like wtf!!! im done you know if they could make this in the end of a ultra perhaps with the 3d camera stuff it would be awesome or imagine the same with cinder kicking the enemy to the sky so fast that the enemy flys to the atmosphere and the camera suddenly looks the dirrection it flys toward and you will see the flame of cinder following and going around the enemy with the camera going all the way up there and then you will hear ULTRAAAAA after punching him to the ground from the atmosphere just if you have a good imagination try it :P im doin this since 1995 lol :D

youranus

Is Dead Or Alive a masher? Definitely. But Virtua Fighter? Absolutely not! Virtua Fighter is a deep, technical fighting game that involves more than just simple button press combos to get the job done. It's not like Street Fighter either - strategy and patience allowed you to win some great battles in Virtua Fighter. I've played Virtua Fighter enough to know that button mashing will not allow you to win. Dead Or Alive? Perhaps, but even then, I'd like to think there's strategy involved in DOA, specifically with its counters and reversals that mean all the difference in a match between two skilled players. Of course, once they get you in a string of combos and keep at it for a long time, it's hard to sometimes escape those combos, because you're pretty much screwed. With VF, it's a whole new ballgame.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

It would be nice for it to be announced, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

I hope they don't make it for Kinect.

nameless12345

That would be a disaster but I will say it would make for some entertaining YouTube videos, especially same TV Co-Op play XD.

On topic I would be happy with seeing a downloadable version of KI from the SNES on Live.