RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

It seems every year a small team at Namco is digging into its vault of classics and giving them the repackage treatment. Good overall ports, we've had the excellent return of Katamari Damashii and Mr. Driller Encore; which I more than recommend. Remasters of two of the best games ever made in my view.

Now onto the topic at hand Bandai Namco’s new trademarks include simultaneous filings for “Waffuu Encore” and “1&2 Encore“. For those unaware Waffuu is the Japanese name for the Klonoa games, and Encore is a reoccurring name this remaster team gives these HD ports, as noted with Mr. Drill.

Not the matter of will but when. I look forward to this franchises return as it is near and dear to my childhood_

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Wow!! Absolutely thrilled to hear this news. Can't wait to see it make a comeback of some kind. I've only played the Wii remake game and thoroughly enjoyed it. This might be an excuse to finally play the original and the sequel now.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@speeny: A lot of fans prefer the original due to the character models having more expressions and the style fitting more to the original art. The Wii Remake uses a lot of the same assets as the PS2 sequel, less color and more shading added too the details. I recall not being happy with the voice work in the Wii game personally, something easily fixed in a remaster.

Both are excellent games honestly and can't go wrong. Always found the nitpicking to be based more on nostalgia than anything worth debate.

For these remasters I have hunch the Wii remake will be the port, because PS2 and Wii games are easier to put through a HD filter than a 32-bit game.