anybody still play there old handhelds outside in publc? (gamegear,GBC,Lynx lol)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

i was on the train today and there was this guy playing a GameBoy Color (the lime green one).

it was awesome and funny at the same time lol.

so seeing that begs the question...you guys do this aswell? as for me, hell no! :P

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
Lol I wish. I used to have the Lime Green GameBoy color but I gave it away several years ago. I kinda regret it now, even though I have a PSP and Vita.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I'd definitely take a Game Gear out for the lulz, but haven't tried it yet. I don't think you need quite as much balls to take out more dignified handhelds like the GBC or Neo Geo Pocket though.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I play my GBA-SP in public all the time! Greatest handheld of all-time, as far as I'm concerned. Is the DS considered Legacy, yet? I play that one in public too.

And, while it may not happen as often, I do play my Sega Game Gear in the car on a trip or at my wife's work when I have to pick her up and I'm waiting for her in the lobby.

I've even used my GB Color in public a few times recently because Bionic Commando: Elite Force freezes up at certain points when played on the GBA-SP.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Not in public but I still own them and I still play them from time to time.

My one friend he used to always bring his see-through purple Gameboy Color all the time to play Pokemon Crystal and play in between classes.

But he used to have to bring a booklet around because he couldn't read Japanese.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#6 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I play GBA alot in public. I bring it to school alot, so in breaks I'd be like sitting down near a wall playing GBA.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I WOULD play my Game Gear/Lynx/Nomad/TurboExpress in public, but unfortunately I keep those tethered to the wall because they suck batteries too fast. Plus they're too damn big to fit in my pocket and I don't carry a bag/backpack/manpurse. I have been known to lug around a Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Micro, N-Gage QD, Neo Geo Pocket Color, or Wonderswan Color from time to time, though (usually when I am not playing something on my 3DS/DS/PSP). Those systems all do great with battery and actually fit in my pocket. I wish someone would release smaller versions of Game Gear and Lynx, though. And not one of those cheap Chinese knock offs that has crappy sound/weird graphical artifacts/frame rate problems/low compatibility, but an actual GG/Lynx mobo shrunken down into a smaller unit.
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
Usually I play a number of them inside, but I believe the only one I use outside would be Gameboy Advance SP
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

No I haven 't done this. I have the original Gameboy, and Gameboy color, As well a PSP (I guess it is a legacy system now) The only handheld I have taken out is PSP Go. Since it is small (given that it had a short lifespan) I have never taken out any of the handhelds that I have owned/own GB/GBC/GBA/GameGear/TG-Express/PSP1000/2000/3000 and The PSvita. Just the PSP GO which was Sony's failed experiment and is consider "expendable". This is just easy to carry around.

The handhelds have mainly been used during times when I had to let the spouse watch TV progam I didn't care for. OR taken on journeys with no access to a game console.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

I have actually done that with the Game Gear a few years ago, but even then, yes, I got some weird looks lol.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#11 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
I don't play handhelds in public, although I have an NGP Color.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#12 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I play my GB and GBC games on a GBA-SP in public all the time. It's the best system for these on the go since it's got a lighted screen, which is a pretty huge advantage, though not having a headphone jack kind of blows. I also play my 3DS, DS, Game Boy Micro and PSP in public. One day I will install a frontlight on an original green-screen Game Boy and play that in public too and I bet people will compliment me on it all the time.

geitenvla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 geitenvla
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

I never use mine in public. I seldom use them at home. I frequently use them in my mind.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
I tried using my PSP outside once and felt like the hugest loser. Also tried bring in my DS to work one day and got called on it big time lol Seriously the only people I've ever seen with handhelds in public are in grade school. It's taboo
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Last time I played a handheld in public was the last time I flew, which was a little over a year ago.
El3ctrosisV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El3ctrosisV2
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts
Am I allowed to say I play them on my Galaxy S using emulators?
norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

I've pulled out my Gameboy original and Gameboy Light in public before. I usually take my Gamboy Micro out though.