Anybody still play Their Gameboy, Lynx, Gamegear?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
These 3 consoles were when handheld gaming was a thing I would look forward to all the time. Recent years, it's been more about gimmicks, ports, and power than actual game experiences. The modern handheld age would be nothing without each of these 3 systems, one of which was the most pwoerful handheld for around 13 years. I still collect games for these quite a bit. The ignorance that they are irrelevant makes it so that I don't have to pay high price for even rare games.They also had the best competitive ads.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I still play Game Boy games via my GBA-SP or Game Boy Player because they just look better that way, and no eating through batteries.

I very rarely pull out my Game Gear anymore simply because I never seem to come across Game Gear games anymore.

And I've never owned a Lynx, but it is high on my wishlist.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Yes, I still play all three regularly. Lynx has a nice homebrew scene and I never tire of Shinobi II: The Silent Fury on Game Gear. Game Boy speaks for itself. I have been playing Rockman World 1-5 (the Mega Man Game Boy titles).
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I still have my original Brick Gameboy yet I don't have any games for it now. I'm not sure what happened to them :(

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts
A recommend a Lynx to everyone I see, because it is highly underrates and tons of powerful games. I also don't think I have mentioned strongly enough how powerful that machine is, gave home consoles a run for its money.
I have been playing Rockman World 1-5 (the Mega Man Game Boy titles).famicommander
Really now?
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

I'm still collecting games for the Game Gear and hope to have a complete collection one day. I play Fray: Shugyouhen at the moment, and I want to try my recent purchases, Gunstar HEroes and Road Rash.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
I would play my GG from time to time if it still worked,but it started having image issues at least 10 years or so ago and now there´s no image at all,it still turns on and plays the sound for some games though,like Shinobi and Outrun Europa lol.
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

I beat a couple of Game Gear games last year - the batteries had to go on the recharger a couple of times :P

and I'm curently playing Shining ForceII for the Game Gear on my 3DS

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I would play my GG from time to time if it still worked,but it started having image issues at least 10 years or so ago and now there´s no image at all,it still turns on and plays the sound for some games though,like Shinobi and Outrun Europa lol.Arach666
Probably just needs new capacitors. It's not terribly difficult if you can solder. Atari and SEGA both used very cheap capacitors in their systems, and especially in the earliest ones shipped. Nintendo had purchased most of the higher end ones of the day for use in the Game Boy.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Nope, use them to test games and see if they still work sometimes though. I do still have my original fat game boy and game gear ( game gear has some issues, image and sound not so good).

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

I tend to start up my handheld collection from time to time, but lately I've been more into the Nomand and the PC Engine GT.