Anybody Remember Final Fantasy X? The Ending Still Gets to Me (STORY SPOILER ALERT!)

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SnPzFresh-
Member since 2019 • 150 Posts

My Dad introduced me to Final Fantasy X, when i was 13 years old. I started playing it, and i thought it was a boring story. Every time I played the game, my Dad would hear the battle music. He would, occasionally ask what part of the game i was on. My Dad pretty much knew everything about the game, so he would tell me where to go and what enemies to fight, to gain EXP. Whilst i was killing enemies, i was starting to grow a relationship with Titus and the rest of the characters. They're funny, cool, and have a lot of story in them. That's when it hit me, i was addicted to Final Fantasy, the characters, the enemies, the whole world was full of achievements. No game in my mind compared to Final Fantasy.

One of my best part of the story, was when Titus and Yuna were laughing together, hysterically. What hit me was, my favorite characters were really bonding together it almost made me cry... When they got close to each other to have an intimate moment, it made my heart fill with warmth. Titus was saying all these amazing things, like taking her to Zanarkand. When i got to the end of the game, where Titus has to kill sin. I was so confused on what was happening. After Titus defeated Sin, he was disappearing... He was fading away in front of all of his friends, especially, Yuna. Yuna tried to run to him and hug him, but she phased right through his disappearing body, and fell down. She got back up, slowly and said: "I love you" My heart completely melted, and the music was so sad. I began to cry, but the scene wasn't over. Titus Reached behind her, and hugged her without contact. He was phasing right through her. Then he walked through her, and jumped off the ship, because he knew he was dying... I cried so hard through the credits...

I will never forget this game. It will always be in my heart, this game still gets me to this day. As of right now, I'm 15 years old. I cry every time.

😭

Watch the ending if you want, and tell me what you think. You probably would have to play the game first to fully understand the plot.

Thanks for reading, and watching! Have a fantastic day.

SnPzFresh-

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@snpzfresh-:

Yeah, it's a great game but I still prefer VII.

Final Fantasy X was actually the first game I became familiar with in the series I think. I sure as hell thought it was better than Crystal Chronicles. I was obsessed with X at one point during grade 3 in primary school. Drawing pictures of Tidus instead of doing schoolwork...even talking about the game when we had to explain what we got up to over the weekend.

Tidus had some of the best hair, that's for sure. Even if you were straight I'd say anybody that was into FFX at the time had some sort of mancrush on Tidus. Probably admiration is the better word. :P

SnPzFresh-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SnPzFresh-
Member since 2019 • 150 Posts

@speeny: Wow, that's crazy. Yeah it was like that for me too, all i was thinking about was FFX.

IMO, Noctis Lucis Caelum has the best hair. His hair is so cool.

SnPzFresh-

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

That part where Tidus gave his father a high-five, that always got me. He spends most of the game putting his father down, only to realize that he was there for him more than his mother ever was, and finally makes peace with him after telling him emotionally (and somewhat untruthfully now) that he hates him one last time before the final battle.

The Yuna stuff was sad enough on its own, but Tidus learning to make peace with his father was really a big part of that game for me.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

I love FFX and has platinumed it on vita but I never could get myself to get the best ending for X-2 due to I think FFX ending was perfect.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

great game i hope see final fantasy 10-3 same day on next en concoles

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Is this a joke? That missspelling of Tidus' name is really suspicious. That aside this is obviously a blog post.

At topic: X is easy one of the best games in the series. I named my daugther Yuna after the (IMO) main character of this game (Tidus is really only there so people explain the player what's going on). I even liked the controversial sequel. However, the ending really isn't that sad. The game series had much harsher moments. If X destroys you, you better not start playing Crisis Core ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@ArchoNils2: I don't see how Tidus was irrelevant to the story. He got Yuna thinking about what she might want for her own life, and was the only person to really push for finding another way to defeat Sin. Without him, Yuna would have died like every summoner before her, and Sin would have returned again.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

I am way late on FFX as I didn't play it until the remastered version last year. I got stuck on the last Sin battle, so I'm on a break right now, but even without beating it, it's one of my favorite games.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@speeny said:

@snpzfresh-:

Yeah, it's a great game but I still prefer VII.

Final Fantasy X was actually the first game I became familiar with in the series I think. I sure as hell thought it was better than Crystal Chronicles. I was obsessed with X at one point during grade 3 in primary school. Drawing pictures of Tidus instead of doing schoolwork...even talking about the game when we had to explain what we got up to over the weekend.

Tidus had some of the best hair, that's for sure. Even if you were straight I'd say anybody that was into FFX at the time had some sort of mancrush on Tidus. Probably admiration is the better word. :P

Meg Ryan wore it better:

But yeah, X was a great game. A tad too linear for my taste and there were many cheesy elements but overall I loved it. I don't know how well it would hold up for me today but at the time it was great.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@Shantmaster_K said:

I am way late on FFX as I didn't play it until the remastered version last year. I got stuck on the last Sin battle, so I'm on a break right now, but even without beating it, it's one of my favorite games.

For me it got to the point where I just maxed out Yuna's summons every time and used them all to cheese my way through the last few tougher battles. Was in it more for the story anyway. :P