Anybody played Zeit Squared?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

agentpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 agentpheonix
Member since 2004 • 1321 Posts

How much is it on XBLA? I played the demo this morning and was reasonably impressed, but now I'm at work thinking about buying it, but wanted to know how much it costs first.

Kervik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Kervik
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

800 Microsoft Points, which is $10. It looked pretty interesting, does anything make it special or is it just another shoot 'em up?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

800 Microsoft Points, which is $10. It looked pretty interesting, does anything make it special or is it just another shoot 'em up?

Kervik

It has some sort of time manipulation feature, if I recall right. Not sure how that comes into play (haven't seen much gameplay of it), but it's got potential.

agentpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 agentpheonix
Member since 2004 • 1321 Posts

It's a standard ship shooter at its core, but there are a lot of elements that really make it unique.

For one, enemies don't necessarily have to damage you by hitting you. If they move past you and out of the screen, you lose health. Every shot you take drains your health. However, you can regain health by killing enemies and picking up powerups. This really forces you to test your dexterity and make every shot count.

On top of that, you have the ability to rewind time. After you do so, there will be a time-shadow of your ship that will re-enact what you just did, while you still have control of your ship. This allows you to attack two completely different parts of the screen at the same time and adds a huge tactical addition to the game/

I was impressed with what I played.