Any word on new Nintendo console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well with PS4 not really having any games and Xbox One having a few I'm kind of looking forward to Nintendo's next console in hoping it actually has some power in comparison to PS4 and Xbone. I think they can pull it off this time if they time if they time it right.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7490 Posts

abandoning the Wii u would do more harm than good. could be a Sega all over again

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19029 Posts

Why would Nintendo talk about a new console now, when they have some huge Wii Utitles releasing over the next 12 months or so?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RimacBugatti

@Planeforger: I had already heard talk so I guess just rumors perhaps.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19029 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@Planeforger: I had already heard talk so I guess just rumors perhaps.

Ah...well people have been saying that since the Wii U launched - mainly because they felt that it was underpowered, unpopular, and would have to be replaced soon.

I do think Nintendo is working on a new console (because they always are), but I doubt we'll hear about it for another five years.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah actually there is.... The WII U mini ! Hahaha hahahaha ! :p

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

They will reveal another console in 2 or 3 years. The lifespan of this console won't be long

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38943 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

They will reveal another console in 2 or 3 years. The lifespan of this console won't be long

Considering that the Wii U has already been out for 2 years that'll be about the average console lifespan anyway.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The Wii U is here to stay for at least 3-4 more years before its successor arrives.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Considering that the Wii U has already been out for 2 years that'll be about the average console lifespan anyway.

Yeah but shorter than the last gen

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RimacBugatti

@The_Last_Ride: Well with Sony saying that PS4 could be their last and Microsoft saying the same as well. I wonder if Nintendo is going to follow suit?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride: Well with Sony saying that PS4 could be their last and Microsoft saying the same as well. I wonder if Nintendo is going to follow suit?

It won't be the last, they are just preparing if it is. I don't know why people keep saying that though

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah but shorter than the last gen

Ok. I did say 'average' though.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RimacBugatti

@The_Last_Ride: I believe it may be Microsofts last. There is no way they are actually making oney.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#15 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20783 Posts

Um Nintendo always starts working on the next console after the current one is release we however won't see or hear of it for another three years

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

It's to soon for anything concrete. Nintendo is difficult to predict. Still, someone speculated that since Ninty overestimated sales, that they're still only getting rid of their overstock and could be using the break in manufacturing to prepare for a cost saving slim model. It sounds plausible to me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371

@RimacBugatti said:

@The_Last_Ride: I believe it may be Microsofts last. There is no way they are actually making oney.

I seriously doubt that, in fact I seem to recall there being a news article or rumour about Microsoft looking for hardware engineers to work on some kind of new system. Companies generally start planning on a new system shortly after launching one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

I seriously doubt that, in fact I seem to recall there being a news article or rumour about Microsoft looking for hardware engineers to work on some kind of new system. Companies generally start planning on a new system shortly after launching one.

i don't think it is either. They want to be in the hardware industry. They bought Nokia to support Windows Phone. X1 is the only cool brand they have aswell. If they didn't want to invest in another console, why the hell did they buy Mojang?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RimacBugatti

@Archangel3371: Well hopefully they will be smarter this time. They did great last gen and than they crashed and burned this gen. I just see Xbox One's just sitting on the shelf.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14297 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@Archangel3371: Well hopefully they will be smarter this time. They did great last gen and than they crashed and burned this gen. I just see Xbox One's just sitting on the shelf.

They're killing it with the exclusives though, with Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, and the master chief collection.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RimacBugatti

@speedfreak48t5p: I have been impressed with a few of the exclusives for sure.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21555 Posts

You'd think Nintendo would want to recoup most of the development money for Wii U before they release something else...

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RimacBugatti

@hrt_rulz01: Well they know people aren't happy so far. There are a few titles that are good but overall people have just been complaining.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#24 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Well with PS4 not really having any games and Xbox One having a few I'm kind of looking forward to Nintendo's next console in hoping it actually has some power in comparison to PS4 and Xbone. I think they can pull it off this time if they time if they time it right.

If you are what everyone seems to think is a "true" gamer and "have to have" all the consoles then yeah both xbone and ps4 are disapointing. But if you just have one then multiplat games that are exclusive to current gen are also a part of your bread and butter, like Shadows of Mordor, The Crew and Assassins Creed Unity. So when Driveclub crashes and burns or if Sunset Overdrive faceplants or if you're just not interested in Halo or Uncharted there will be games that you will want to play. Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight are all exclusive to what is now current gen. Get a Xbone or a PS4 plus a Wii U if you like Nintendo games like Smash, Mario Kart ETC. and be happy and game on. If you'd rather whine and complain about games then don't game and find a new hobby.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RimacBugatti

@jasonredemption: Forza 5 was awesome and Dead Rising 3 looked great. Driveclub looks fantastic and Killzone Shadow Fall was fun to play and looked good as well. The games available are fine but I'm anxious about Uncharted and The Order 1886. It's been fine but seemingly a slow start. As far as power PS4 has impressed for sure. Xbox One struggles to keep up but then there is Ryse which delivered. This gen is definitely better than last so far.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#26 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@RimacBugatti: Oh that's good, just frustrating how many people are complaining this time around (maybe they do each new gen) about how "such-and-such" console has no games. It's true third parties have all but abandoned vita and wii u but there are still plenty of games to interest some (but it's not for everyone). I have both a vita and a wii u. The vita is for travel gaming and the wii u is for nintendo exclusives.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1300 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

I think Nintendo did a bad thing in releasing a console as next gen, and it is no more powerful than Sony or Microsofts last gen. I hope for the best with Nintendo, but am a little concerned. As far as the PS4 having no games....I assume this is a joke or maybe you are being sarcastic. With great Sony exclusives such as Killzone, The Last of Us, MLB: The Show, Infamous, etc. Not to mention the great multiples that are on both PS4 and Xbox One. Shadow's of Mordor, Madden, Destiny, NFS, etc. Then there is the upcoming PS4 exclusives. The Order:1886, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, etc. Every console has some great games including Sony.

As for Nintendo. No way they can survive 2-3 year release cycles. It takes time to get games into consoles, and usually take a couple of years just to get things going. Heck, we are still waiting for the first Legend of Zelda.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Anybody know what happened to that quality of life thing Nintendo kept going on about? Did that turn out to be amiibo? If so I fail to see how thats a quality of life product.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RimacBugatti

@joe_b1_kenobi: Lol I would say the only game I can see as being worth playing IS Mario Kart.