WitherSlayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WitherSlayer1
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I just got my 12-year-old son GTA V, And I've noticed he's tried his hardest to stay away from the harsh parts of the game. But, Sometimes he accidentally runs into people and they cuss at him. I already knew this game would be bad but he begged, and begged for us to get it for his 12th birthday. I did the Prologue for him since it was pretty violent ex. Killing Cops. I told him the game is a bit rough and might make him a bad kid, So I sold it for half the price and I promised him that I would give him the money that he bought it for as a present because I knew he was looking forward to it. He said the reason he wanted it was because you could: Buy Cars and Own Houses. I think he even said something about "Free-Roam", It even sounded cool to me at the time. If you guys know ANY games that are like GTA and you can own houses, cars, and Free-Roam for PS4 please tell me. Even games like ARK: Survival Evolved would be good. I just really feel bad.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

How about Watch Dogs? It also has killing, so I don't know if you would approve. But maybe look into it. :)

WitherSlayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WitherSlayer1

@vespuche: I will look at that. Thanks. But, Any ideas on the actual type like 1, 2, 3?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Just Cause 3. It's like GTA if GTA was actually fun. And it's more silly, which means the harsher stuff is easier to take.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

On a more serious note, I don't see why you would buy GTAV for a kid if they're going to be sensitive about mature content (not saying that's bad, just that I don't see why you would do that). Maybe try one of the Sim City games? You literally build your own city from scratch. Haven't played them myself, but I've heard good things.

There are plenty of other great games out there that are also kid friendly. It's not an open world game, but I'd highly suggest giving Shovel Knight a try. Challenging enough, but not too much and as kid friendly as can be. It can be pretty much enjoyed by anyone who loves a good platformer.

WitherSlayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WitherSlayer1

@turtlethetaffer: Sims seems like a okay game. Just I was thinking maybe like a bit of violence or actually something to do. I also asked him and he would prefer a game which would keep him satitisfied for most of his life (Video Games). Like what I mean is it doesn't really click it. Thanks though.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

a mum with the username @witherslayer1 lol, that's... unusual.

try horizon zero dawn which releases in a couple of days. similar premise to ark - free roam, story driven, dinosaurs, violence but not overly gratuitous, getting rave reviews everywhere too. can't go wrong really

WitherSlayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WitherSlayer1

@Macutchi: I would like to start this off by saying my son created this account to get "info" on games. We will look into Horizon Zero Dawn, that's something we hevnt thought of so it might do :).

msmith80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By msmith80
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn is the perfect choice, you won't regret that :)