Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

Looking around here it seems pretty much in a dying state, so does anyone know about any good gaming communities?

I wanted to post of NeoGaf but that's pretty much impossible, or can you guys convince me to use this forum if you haven't got any suggestions.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chillock117

I could have worded that better, but what I mean is that it's not what it used to be. And dude don't judge people by how much they post, anyway would you say this is a good enough game forum. I've been on oxm and other places but they always seem too uptight and not welcoming to new members.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#4 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I can see why you are looking for a good gaming community other then here. The first response to your question you get is hostile and sarcastic. Gamespots never been a community you feel welcome in, you can get banned here for so little that i wouldn't invest much into this site. I've gotten banned twice here just for defending myself. I tried IGN but its even worse then this place, lots of ads to really piss you off.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

This is the best community I think... I've tried a few different ones but always thought GS was best IMO.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chillock117

I figured as much but I guess I'll stick around here for a while because there's not much places to go. Though I wish everyone would try and get along instead of trying to enforce there personality upon everyone.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I would not say GameSpot is "dying" as we are making changes to improve it.

That said, I like to expand my social circles, too. Take a look at GiantBomb. That is a fun community.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@chillock117 said:

I figured as much but I guess I'll stick around here for a while because there's not much places to go. Though I wish everyone would try and get along instead of trying to enforce there personality upon everyone.

Gamespot is just like any other online community, it has some pretty cool people as well as bad!! It won't take you long to figure out who's who!! :)

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts
@MarcRecon said:

@chillock117 said:

Gamespot is just like any other online community, it has some pretty cool people as well as bad!! It won't take you long to figure out who's who!! :)

Yeah, you can pick your people. Even people with strong opinions aren't necessarily unfriendly. For a lot of people English is not their first language, so some opinions might come across as rude and stubborn. Also, there might be cultural differences to consider (although the anonymity of the internet usually trumps any cultural etiquette). I know that dutch people (I am dutch) are generally perceived as a bit loud and very direct in their discussions, which might translate to the internet and could be interpreted by others as rude or hostile. I've learned to not immediately judge people on how they phrase their opinions, because some of the perceived bluntness or rudeness is unintentional (though not always, of course).

Anyway, what you could do is keep an eye on the active people and follow the ones you like. That way you'll create a context you'll appreciate. I think these forums are active enough to be enjoyable, unless you only enjoy discussing a select amount of topics, but still like to spend many hours on forums.

@Old_Gooseberry said:

I can see why you are looking for a good gaming community other then here. The first response to your question you get is hostile and sarcastic. Gamespots never been a community you feel welcome in, you can get banned here for so little that i wouldn't invest much into this site. I've gotten banned twice here just for defending myself. I tried IGN but its even worse then this place, lots of ads to really piss you off.

I don't know. I've never felt unwelcome. Some people are nice, others aren't. I choose to ignore the ones I don't like or I think are unreasonable. The only way you'll get a less hostile environment is more regulations and/or a much smaller community. But really, you can create your own social context and only pay attention to the people you like. Even if the first comment might be hostile or sarcastic, it doesn't have to be the first relevant comment. I always feel there are enough people who'll give a question or entry a serious consideration.

Ivy-S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ivy-S
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@loafofgame:

Ditto! I've been to other sites and sometimes people say mean things and worse. I just ignore it, thinking maybe they just have a bad day. This site is much better and I like hanging around here. :)

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@chillock117 said:

ur posting in the wrong section and literally almost every conversation in game discussion already exist in SW to some degree. So yeah from what I can tell ppl just gradually move there and stop posting in GD b/c lets be real what is the point?

It's really sad when literally the title for some of these threads are taken straight from the SW section and OP would be like oh, "oh so in SW...." like really lol?

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chillock117

@notorious1234na said:

@chillock117 said:

ur posting in the wrong section and literally almost every conversation in game discussion already exist in SW to some degree. So yeah from what I can tell ppl just gradually move there and stop posting in GD b/c lets be real what is the point?

It's really sad when literally the title for some of these threads are taken straight from the SW section and OP would be like oh, "oh so in SW...." like really lol?

Thanks for making me feel welcome, good job.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@chillock117 said:

@notorious1234na said:

@chillock117 said:

lol u try too hard lulz

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chillock117

@notorious1234na said:

@chillock117 said:

@notorious1234na said:

@chillock117 said:

lol u try too hard lulz

I guess I don't need to ask your burning passion.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya I wouldn't mind a more active community myself. Left game-trailers as it's on it's last leg and this one is slowly turning into it.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#18 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

I guess we all simply want to find a good gaming community. I find there is no forums that really relate to games I like.

But there is a lot of cool gamers on this is, and funny ones too :)

DrWiki0074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrWiki0074
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

The thing I find to be most difficult is having a place to post content you create from games like youtube, twitch, or any of the other reputable video hosting sits out there.

I was happy to see that Gamespot has a dedicated are just for this.

creamyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 creamyNYC
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Looking for the same thing, I went over to Steam forums and found its an absolute mess. Hard to have a friendly convo there

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

3 years old thread

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

I don't know why I'm replying to a 3 years old thread but Destructoid has a very nice community.