Any good FPS games coming within the next few years?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

So right now Planetside 2 is really the only FPS game that holds my interest since TitanFail turned out to be disappointing. I'm wondering if there are any potentially good FPS games on the horizon. I don't care if they are paid or F2P games, I'm just looking for new games to play after I eventually lose interest in PS2.

Counterstrike GO was another disappointment, Battlefield 4 didn't live up to it's potential and I refuse to play another awful COD game.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

A few peak my interest. Wolfenstien new order (next month), Destiny and Doom 4. They all look promising. Not too sure about 2015 though.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

The Rise of the Triad PC reboot seems pretty fun in multiplayer, if you're down for that classic, twitchy, Quake arena stuff. Unfortunately there's no quicksave for the campaign so that hurts it, but its still as funny and campy as the original.

Crytek's F2P is Warface. I've not heard much but theres that.

The CS mod Insurgency is re-done as a standalone multiplayer game in the latest Source engine on steam. Really good tense challenge. No radar, and no crosshair. You die even a bit faster than Counterstrike. Gotta use your ears and stay close to the team.

Other'n that. Id say look forward to Destiny. Hopefully they'll manage a multi-player campaign concept better than titanfall.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Halo, Call of Duty, Titanfall 2. All you need....But your definition of good seems to be quite different, so I don't know what to tell you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44134 Posts

Wolfenstein, Doom 4, Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo 5, and if the rumours prove true a Halo 2 remake are all ones that are guaranteed purchases for me right now. I'm sure that there will be a Titanfall 2 as well so I may as well throw that in there too.

superdude4669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superdude4669
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

Destiny will ROCK

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

they've already been mentioned, but destiny and insurgency look promising.

with destiny, i'm remaining hopeful that it will play well. of the 1st 3 halo games, i really only thought CE played well but the problem with later ones seemed to be "it's a sequel so we have to add all these unwieldy gimmicks or people will think it's just more of the same." i feel like they won't have that problem with destiny since it's not a sequel and they already have some SP/MP integration to content themselves with (which looks pretty cool in its own right). plus it seems like the side activities will make for some downtime, which i think is missing in a lot of FPS'.

with insurgency, it just reminds me so much of counter-strike. i'm not a big fan of not having a reticule because people are just going to cheat around it (tape string to the corners of the frame of your monitor), but a lot of the other stuff seems like the high stakes (yet accessible) design decisions that made CS so appealing in the first place. the only reason i haven't bought it yet is because my laptop is ass.

EDIT: also, i'm interested in chroma. i have no idea if it will be any good, but i hope harmonix pulls it off because i like the idea.